3 College coaches named as potential NFL coaching targets

YoloinOhio

I wonder if any of them are capable of guiding our Buffalo Bills to a record between 7-9 and 9-7, consistently. that's really the most important thing.

I saw McIntire work his magic here in Colorado. He did a resurrection project in San Jose State before Colorado. When he came to Colorado, the football program was almost dead last in every stat there was and games were over in the first Q. The program was in terrible shape. His first 3 years not many Pac12 wins but the team was getting more and more competitive, they were in games into the 4th Q and just could not close them out. Now this year he was 8-2 in conference and 10-3 overall, the 3 losses were at Michigan, at USC and Washington is PAC 12 championship game. He had the same kind of success at San Jose State but did it in 1 fewer years.

Can this translate to the NFL? Both San Jose State and Colorado do not get a ton of blue chip talent when they recruit, but he does find kids that can play. I would be up for giving him a chance.

I saw McIntire work his magic here in Colorado. He did a resurrection project in San Jose State before Colorado. When he came to Colorado, the football program was almost dead last in every stat there was and games were over in the first Q. The program was in terrible shape. His first 3 years not many Pac12 wins but the team was getting more and more competitive, they were in games into the 4th Q and just could not close them out. Now this year he was 8-2 in conference and 10-3 overall, the 3 losses were at Michigan, at USC and Washington is PAC 12 championship game. He had the same kind of success at San Jose State but did it in 1 fewer years.

Can this translate to the NFL? Both San Jose State and Colorado do not get a ton of blue chip talent when they recruit, but he does find kids that can play. I would be up for giving him a chance.

Does he have a morbidly obese brother who is also a failed defensive coach? We're really looking for a specific candidate here

I wonder if any of them are capable of guiding our Buffalo Bills to a record between 7-9 and 9-7, consistently. that's really the most important thing.

That would be a slight upgrade: http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/buf/

Not counting this year, we've had five 6-10's, three 7-9's, three 8-8's, two 9-7's, and one each of 5-11, 4-12, 3-13. This year will be between 6-10 and 9-7, but 6-10 will remain our most common record during the streak no matter what.

If he brings a real Buffalo with him, I'm in.

He could be a good hire but too risky IMO. We need a proven coach who's been successful in the NFL. College coaches seem to be total crap shoots when they go to NFL, even coaches who have been at the top of CFB.

NFL.com article that interviewed 5 NFL executives:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000756787/article/ask-5-which-college-coach-would-make-best-nfl-head-coach

Petersen; Chryst; David Shaw; Matt Rhule.

My guess is that only Shaw leaves for the NFL. I really want Petersen.

He could be a good hire but too risky IMO. We need a proven coach who's been successful in the NFL. College coaches seem to be total crap shoots when they go to NFL, even coaches who have been at the top of CFB.

Hard to find a proven successful NFL coach. It will either be a "retread," or a coordinator with "no HC experience."

What about a college coach like Saban? Former NFL HC, built an empire in Alabama. He likely never leaves, but would be great the second time around IMO.

Dan Mullen - HC Miss St (was Urban's OC at Florida before that), Paul Chryst (HC Wisconsin, HC Pitt before that, and OC at Wisconsin before that), Mike McIntyre (HC Colorado). All offensive guys.

More of the same? I find our current coach offensive.

OK, I'm tired after a long day, and a longer season.....

That makes me wonder....what would the fan base do if the Pegula's named Rob Ryan the head coach? :lol:

not Funny (well kinda but if it happens you get booted)

NFL.com article that interviewed 5 NFL executives:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000756787/article/ask-5-which-college-coach-would-make-best-nfl-head-coach

Petersen; Chryst; David Shaw; Matt Rhule.

My guess is that only Shaw leaves for the NFL. I really want Petersen.

Hard to find a proven successful NFL coach. It will either be a "retread," or a coordinator with "no HC experience."

What about a college coach like Saban? Former NFL HC, built an empire in Alabama. He likely never leaves, but would be great the second time around IMO.

I always liked Petersen and if NFL executives think he has the tools for the NFL then I'm in.

Also would love to give Saban another shot with full control as he would run best like that but not likely with Pegs love for Whaley = 3 bum QBs