Any word on who the Bills are watching?

JP-era

Hopefully they'll concentrate on interior OL. Until the line is upgraded, we shouldn't look anywhere else.

OL

pass rush

depth at CB

then....

backup QB

backup RB

Maybe some of those needs will be taken care of in free agency (let's hope). If so, that frees up some draft picks to look in other areas.

Hopefully they'll concentrate on interior OL.  Until the line is upgraded, we shouldn't look anywhere else. 

OL

pass rush

depth at CB

then....

backup QB

backup RB

Maybe some of those needs will be taken care of in free agency (let's hope).  If so, that frees up some draft picks to look in other areas.

253704[/snapback]

I heard an interesting tidbit, they can only interview 60 players on each team.

I heard an interesting tidbit, they can only interview 60 players on each team.

253705[/snapback]

That's true. However, Donahoe is smart and sometimes doesn't waste his time interviewing people he's already spoken to or has a good feel for. I think TD uses the interview as a way to weed out someone who is on the bubble, or guage the need to look at someone further.

http://www.draftshowcase.com/05combine2.htm

From NFL Draft Showcase:

Running Backs

Cleveland has been on many of the running backs. They talked to Darren Sproles today. Sproles has also met with the Colts, Chiefs and Bengals. The Bengals also talked to Vernand Morency. Ryan Moats was interviewed by both Tampa Bay and Tennessee. Manuel White will work at both fullback and tailback and is confident he can play both. A few backs came in heavier than expected as Brandon Jacobs was at 267, Carnell Williams was at 217 and T.A. McLendon was 235. All three will perform all workouts here. Williams will be one of the higher rated players to participate fully in drills this week. Alvin Pearman will do everything here and his versatility and receiving skills have already earned him praise from scouts. Walter Reyes came in at 5'11, 212. He's been in contact with Donovan McNabb, Dwight Freeney and Keith Bulluck for advice on adjusting to the pros. He will be participating in all workouts and has met with the Bills among other teams. Eric Shelton was a little shorter than expected at 6'1, but that hasn't necessarily been looked upon as a negative here. Ray Hudson has received interest from the Bears, Jaguars, Saints and Broncos. Ronnie Brown came in at 6'0 and 233, slightly heavier than expected. He's met with the Jets and the Bears.

Quarterbacks

The big two measured in today, with Aaron Rodgers at 6'2, 223 and Alex Smith at 6'4, 217. Contrary to previous reports, Rodgers will run here. Jason Campbell came in at 6'4 3/5 and 230. He was the most physically imposing of the quarterbacks. Ben Dougherty impressed in interviews today. Having called his own plays at Florida A&M, most teams were impressed with his Xs and Os knowledge. He has met with Atlanta, Washington, Detroit, Jacksonville, Pittsburgh and Buffalo. Charlie Frye reiterated that his pinky injury from the year is fully healthy and admitted that it did bother him during the year but that they would have to "drag him off the field." Adrian McPherson drew a big crowd. He fully admitted to his mistakes and all in all had a very positive interview. Andrew Walter showed up bigger than expected at 6'6. He will not throw here but has been throwing for the last month. Timmy Chang has been working on his drops. In particular, five and seven step drops because he primarily only took three at Hawaii.

Offensive Linemen

Jammal Brown measured in at 6'5 1/2, 316. He has interviewed with the Ravens, Packers and Panthers among others and has a scheduled interview with the Rams. Khalif Barnes measured up at 6'5, 305. He cited Matt Roth as the best player he faced down at the Senior Bowl and said he is a better pass blocker than run blocker. He also said his wrist injury is about 90% and that he is working on getting down some of the scar tissue and improve flexibility. He has been interviewed by the Bills, 49ers, Chiefs, Redskins, Lions, Browns, Seahawks and Rams. David Baas completed 29 reps on the bench.

That's true. However, Donahoe is smart and sometimes doesn't waste his time interviewing people he's already spoken to or has a good feel for. I think TD uses the interview as a way to weed out someone who is on the bubble, or guage the need to look at someone further.

253708[/snapback]

agreed. The only guys I have seen rumors about the Bills looking at is Nugent, Baas, and Clarett (all guys I like) are there others?

Ohh, I see the response on Barnes...interesting...time to investigate.