Pegulas voicing support to bring Uber to Buffalo

YoloinOhio

Every time I Go to NYC, San Fran, Vegas, or any major metropolitan area it's my go-to means of conveyance.

I can take a cab from Astoria to Flushing and it might run close to $30.00. Same ride with Uber is about $8.00.

I went to and from a Bills game via Uber.

It was in Nashville and it was awesome! NY needs to correct this.

the Pegulas getting involved is an awesome step in the right direction IMO. They are pretty influential in the area. It just makes NO sense that it's not allowed for so many reasons.

Buffalo is the exact type of place where UBER drivers will plentiful i would think..

Buffalo will have more than enough UBER drivers. Really, it's absurd that NYS only allows Uber/Lyft in NYC.

the Pegulas getting involved is an awesome step in the right direction IMO. They are pretty influential in the area. It just makes NO sense that it's not allowed for so many reasons.

cuts down significantly on drunk driving.

travesty isn't it? Keeps getting voted down in Albany. NYC area has it but upstate, WNY do not.

I went to Syracuse for a BBAll game. Wanted to go out with some college friends to a bar. Fired up UBER at the hotel. WTF. Not allowed in Upstate. Total nonsense. And Taxi service in Syracuse is.....nonexistent.

Yes!

Buffalo will have more than enough UBER drivers. Really, it's absurd that NYS only allows Uber/Lyft in NYC.

cuts down significantly on drunk driving.

I went to Syracuse for a BBAll game. Wanted to go out with some college friends to a bar. Fired up UBER at the hotel. WTF. Not allowed in Upstate. Total nonsense. And Taxi service in Syracuse is.....nonexistent.

Yes.

Yes.

And yes!

In the right setting, a few thousand people is not unreasonable. Game arrival times vary by hours for tailgating and late arrivers. Our ride to the Nashville game was only 15-20 minutes. Multiply by MANY drivers over many hours with several people per car, and it becomes significant. The cool part in Nashville (as it could be in Buffalo), is there's a nice walkable area to celebrate (or weep) for an hour or three after the game, making the pickup/ride home much easier. And safer.

Edited by Augie

I'd like to know what being an Uber driver would do to ones car insurance in a state like NY.

I'd be more interested in how many drivers don't have the proper insurance riders, but I still love the service.

Edited by Augie

Correct me if I am wrong but technically no part of NY ha it. NYC gets service through nearby NJ.

That's what I always heard

So here's the deal

1) Rideshare is legal across all of NYS, including Buffalo, Syracuse. etc However, NYS has stated that insurance limits etc have to be exact same as commercial taxi's and cars for hire.

2) Uber and Lyft have made the determination that the NYC market is worth the added costs and they can still be profitable.

3) Likewise, have made the determination that it is not a profitable model everywhere else in the state.

Edited by plenzmd1