RIP Alan Thicke

YoloinOhio

you never watched Growing Pains in the 80s??

No, but I remember it was "a thing". I got out of college in '82, so maybe just a timing thing. I remember MASH, and later Cheers first and foremost. Cheers was taco night when I first got married in '85. We were poor, but damn we were happy!

No, but I remember it was "a thing". I got out of college in '82, so maybe just a timing thing. I remember MASH, and later Cheers first and foremost. Cheers was taco night when I first got married in '85. We were poor, but damn we were happy!

i think it was a Tuesday night must-see TV when I was in grade school. Can't remember what was on before it. Loved Cheers on Thursdays.

i think it was a Tuesday night must-see TV when I was in grade school. Can't remember what was on before it. Loved Cheers on Thursdays.

Grade school.... you probably don't realize how young 69 is yet, you youngster. :)

And there has been no better nightly ritual in my life than taco night with Cheers and my young bride.

He also created alot of the big theme songs for shows from the 70's, 80's and 90's IIRC

I want to say he was the one who created the Facts of Life Theme song.

Its surprising what he accomplished in his career, between writing, music, and acting on TV. But then he also gave us Robin Thicke who steals others music......

He was also a very big hockey fan. Definitly a very Canadian way to go, but sad to here it was while playing hockey in the driveway with his youngest son (as per some reports)

Edited by apuszczalowski

RIP. I just watched a few Fernwood Tonight shows with Martin Mull & Fred Willard the other night on Youtube, still an amazing show, and he was one of the writers for it, much respect.

I had no idea he was a writer for that show, freaking great, funny show.

Going on 40 years now and can't quite remember...but seems to me in Buffalo was back to back with the Gong Show, which I also loved.

Wow, who knew? Celebrity Sweepstakes :lol: ...maybe that's what started my love of horse racing!

Edited by plenzmd1