Wouldn't a new coach have a head start?

#34fan

IF Wrecks Ryan were to be fired say, -immediately...

Wouldn't the new guys be able to come in, assess talent, get a feel for draft needs, etc????

The latest CBA puts significant restrictions on OTA's... Fighting this 3-alarm dumpster fire may take more than an offseason... Terry are you listening? -FIRE some people, please..

Edited by #34fan

Not sure the NFL works that way - has there been a team that has fired their coach, then brought in the next regime during the season? Typically someone else on the staff takes over.

We're way too late in the season for a new coach from outside to try and come in and implement his system (or take over Rex's system)...

Not sure the NFL works that way - has there been a team that has fired their coach, then brought in the next regime during the season? Typically someone else on the staff takes over.

We're way too late in the season for a new coach from outside to try and come in and implement his system (or take over Rex's system)...

Borrowing a page from my neighbors four year-old...Why?

A new regime could simply take notes...plan for the future... Some dumb#ss once declared us winners of the offseason... I think that may actually be possible if we started right now under a new regime... Won't happen tho...

Borrowing a page from my neighbors four year-old...Why?

A new regime could simply take notes...plan for the future... Some dumb#ss once declared us winners of the offseason... I think that may actually be possible if we started right now under a new regime... Won't happen tho...

Funny, but, true.

I think the down side would be the availability to conduct a thorough search? Restrictions on coaches who can interview.

Waiting for the retread losing coaches to be fired isn't neccessary.

Funny, but, true.

I think the down side would be the availability to conduct a thorough search? Restrictions on coaches who can interview.

Waiting for the retread losing coaches to be fired isn't neccessary.

It wouldn't be pretty... Might even be a clusterfu#* for these last few games... But If you fired ONLY the Ryan brothers, and Dave Lee... A guy Like Coughlin could hold court with whatever's left for the last 3 games..... THEN, once the season's over, Coughlin could start foraging for decent help.

Funny you should ask, I know of one time that happened was this guy named Marv Levy, took over around half way in, think I recall he lasted a couple years or so.

Back then in season firings were more common than today. But you're also very limited in who you can bring in as no one on existing staffs would be available, even colleges. So probably mid season firing/hiring aren't worth it

Any coach that comes in will want his players and need 3 years to build HIS team.

Truth of the matter is that, besides Shady, the offense blows; hard. No QB, the O-line is falling apart, and the receiving core is suspect.

Firing Rex and bringing in a new coach will not fix it right of way like people think. Everyone knows that young QB's dont get the patience they deserve in Buffalo. Tom Brady with this offense would have his problems.

could people stomach being 0-13 like the Browms?

We will fine out soon enough because after 1 1/2 seasons, Bills fans want to be that for some reason, instead of giving the the current HC the proper time to do what he has to do.

The Browns right now are the prototype of impatience and what not to do when building an NFL team.

But the front office should do it to satisfy the dumb#sses who will B word and complain no matter WHAT they do because they have Madden version of GM, right?

At least with my Madden GM I get to the playoffs.

Edited by gr8billsfan