Today's New Animal Farm

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since you refuse to educate yourself....I will do it for you:

http://www.quickanddirtytips.com/education/grammar/how-to-use-quotation-marks

Until you process this information correctly? I shall refer to you as "Grammar Girl".

Even when faced with being inarguably and factually wrong, you stick to your narcissistic teddy bear that you're right, and even link to "proof."

From your link, "The most common question people ask about quotation marks is whether periods and commas go inside or outside, and the answer depends on where your audience lives because in American English we always put periods and commas inside quotation marks,"

You've lost this one, badly. Better to concede you're wrong than keep up the charade. I continue to challenge you to find an American source to support your usage, and let's try to remain credible instead of sites like that one you linked to even though it also proved you wrong.

When one is referring to a term at the end of a sentence: Ben Franklin thinks he knows "grammar". The quote goes before the punctuation. [Nope.] But, if somebody was to ask the question: "Why does Ben think he knows grammar?" the quote goes after the punctuation. [Yes, but you couldn't explain why.]

Edited by Benjamin Franklin

Even when faced with being inarguably and factually wrong, you stick to your narcissistic teddy bear that you're right, and even link to "proof."

From your link, "The most common question people ask about quotation marks is whether periods and commas go inside or outside, and the answer depends on where your audience lives because in American English we always put periods and commas inside quotation marks,"

You've lost this one, badly. Better to concede you're wrong than keep up the charade. I continue to challenge you to find an American source to support your usage, and let's try to remain credible instead of sites like that one you linked to even though it also proved you wrong.

I knew you would post that. So predictable. I chose this link specifically because it included that section, so I could contrast it with the section before.

And you have walked right into it, twat(there's some British English for you).

Do yourself a favor and re-read the section just before what you quoted.

There's no "ambiguity". Periods come after quotes, when the period is not part of the quotation.

Now go back and re-read what you posted. What you quoted refers to commas. You weren't talking about commas. You were talking about periods.

:lol: You're such an unmitigated moron that you don't even realize you made yourself wrong with your own post/quote of mine.

Note: attacking me personally is as hilarious as it is ineffective.

You walked right into this. Try to get out "grammar girl".

Edited by OCinBuffalo

I knew you would post that. So predictable. I chose this link specifically because it included that section, so I could contrast it with the section before.

And you have walked right into it, twat(there's some British English for you).

Do yourself a favor and re-read the section just before what you quoted.

There's no "ambiguity". Periods come after quotes, when the period is not part of the quotation.

Now go back and re-read what you posted. What you quoted refers to commas. You weren't talking about commas. You were talking about periods.

:lol: You're such an unmitigated moron that you don't even realize you made yourself wrong with your own post/quote of mine.

Note: attacking me personally is as hilarious as it is ineffective.

You walked right into this. Try to get out "grammar girl".

Trolly mcTrollstein. I'm always one to latch on to a grammar argument. For others, be vigilant and do it right, not like this Hogboy incarnation.

Edited by Benjamin Franklin

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/12/donald-trump-congress-republicans-232800

Trump's pig army is already browbeating the Conservatives. Can't wait for him to be sworn in, should be fun to watch him Make America Great Again!

"Free speech is one of the hallmarks of our republic," Sanford said. "If people are afraid to say what they think based on fear of reprisal … that’s not free speech.”

Breitbart seized on Flores' remarks a few days later, calling them proof that House Republicans planned to “isolate and block President Donald Trump’s populist campaign promises.” A conservative populist blogger for the site TruthFeed then warned Flores on Twitter to "get ready for a **** storm," and posted a headline that read: “BREAKING: Rep. Bill Flores Has CRAFTED a PLAN to BLOCK Trump’s Immigration Reform.”

Sean Hannity jumped in, too, featuring the Breitbart post on his syndicated radio show. That only further riled the impromptu anti-Flores mob.

"@RepBillFlores get in @realDonaldTrump way & we will burn your career down until you are reduced to selling life insurance,” tweeted one person. "@RepBillFlores you can go hang yourself!!" another wrote.