Travis to the Raiders?

The latest is the Bills have been talking with the Raiders about trading Travis to them and have left the Cards in the dust. No report on what or whom the Bills would get for Travis, but speculation is that it's for Charles Woodson (with possibly the Bills throwing in a pick), whose agent Carl Poston has said that he has a long-term deal in place with another team. More to follow obviously and don't shoot the messenger. Don't know if I like that idea, and I'd rather it were a player like Jake Grove.

None of that makes any sense at all for the Bills at this point unless they get Woodson for Henry and a pick and then trade Woodson somwhere else for something. Why are the Bills the middleman and what do we turn that into? I can't believe any of it because the Raiders just signed Woodson to a one year, $10.5 million deal. Who the hell can afford that?

The latest is the Bills have been talking with the Raiders about trading Travis to them and have left the Cards in the dust.  No report on what or whom the Bills would get for Travis, but speculation is that it's for Charles Woodson (with possibly the Bills throwing in a pick), whose agent Carl Poston has said that he has a long-term deal in place with another team.  More to follow obviously and don't shoot the messenger.  Don't know if I like that idea, and I'd rather it were a player like Jake Grove.

253606[/snapback]

I know you are just reporting what you heard, so I won't shoot the messenger. BUT, that is not true. A trade for Woodson wouldn't make sense. His cap number would be too large and it's not a position of need...especially if the Bills would be forced to also throw in a pick.

So it's either untrue OR the Bills leaked it to try to get Zona to sweeten the deal. Just a hunch.

I know you are just reporting what you heard, so I won't shoot the messenger.

Actually I could care less about that. I just didn't want the thread to devolve into a pissing contest about alleged inside sources.

BUT, that is not true. A trade for Woodson wouldn't make sense. His cap number would be too large and it's not a position of need...especially if the Bills would be forced to also throw in a pick.

So it's either untrue OR the Bills leaked it to try to get Zona to sweeten the deal. Just a hunch.

That could very well be possible. I think that the combine is the PERFECT venue for gamesmanship by TD to drive-up Henry's value. And again, I'd rather the Bills didn't trade for Woodson with his injury, attitude, and high salary problems, but that's one rumor I've heard.

Actually I could care less about that.  I just didn't want the thread to devolve into a pissing contest about alleged inside sources.

That could very well be possible.  I think that the combine is the PERFECT venue for gamesmanship by TD to drive-up Henry's value.  And again, I'd rather the Bills didn't trade for Woodson with his injury, attitude, and high salary problems, but that's one rumor I've heard.

253610[/snapback]

I wouldn't worry too much about it if I were you. Best bet is it's a rumor floated by either an agent or the Bills (possibly the Raiders, hoping that someone will take Woodson off their hands since they are in cap hell).

It just wouldn't make sense for the Bills. TD may be many things, but stupid he is not.

Charles Woodson has caused the Raiders a lot fo pain, but that doesn't mean the Bills will trade for him. We can pluck a few players off of the Raiders roster if they choose to trade for TH simply because they have to get rid of a few.

I'd like to see Woodson here but its not gonna happen, 10+ million for 1 year is double our most expensive player. Travis for Jake Grove straight up is more like it, or maybe even Travis for Doug Gabriel.

253633[/snapback]

More than double? Mike Williams is said to have a 9.17 million dollar cap hit.

Guest RabidBillsFanVT

There is no WAY Charles Woodson becomes a Bill. Where will he play?

BZZZZZZZZZT. Your source is smokin something, man. :w00t:

I just saw the rumor, but I doubt its for Woodson. More likely its for ron curry or Teyo Johnson or both. I placed a call to Travis agent who I know, but I havent't heard back from him. I don't expect him to give me details only to say if its not true.

I'd like to see Woodson here but its not gonna happen, 10+ million for 1 year is double our most expensive player.

253633[/snapback]

Woodson accepted the tender, but probably is in the process of negotiating a long term deal. Thus, he currently counts $10mil vs Raiders cap in '05, but the real cap number will be reduced greatly once the long term deal is signed.