DeShone Kizer anyone?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They had several defensive players suspended for pot and guns right before the season, and like others have said Kelly did him no favors.

Wrong... I'm a Irish fan and skeptical.

Fair enough, I'll give you credit. You'd think a teams fans would know best. I've just met too many ND fans who think everyone is Montana.

Does he do anything presnap? Is he required to in that offense? I have only watched him play one game, I wasn't impressed but it's not a fair assessment.

You should watch the game where he came off of then bench against UVA last year to lead them back. Classic and typical of what he does. He has some clutch to him. He can make every throw across the board. He is accurate on every throw across the board if throwing from a clean pocket. He can make plays with his legs. He's already got an NFL body at 6'4" and probably around 240lbs. The only thing that would irk me at times was him locking in on one guy or one side of the field which caused him to miss other guys who were wide open. Good move for him to leave though because Kelly would have ruined him imo.

Away from Brian Kelly is the best choice he'll ever make in his life. I'd prefer he didn't declare now but I get it, got to extricate yourself from bad spots.

:thumbsup:

You should watch the game where he came off of then bench against UVA last year to lead them back. Classic and typical of what he does. He has some clutch to him. He can make every throw across the board. He is accurate on every throw across the board if throwing from a clean pocket. He can make plays with his legs. He's already got an NFL body at 6'4" and probably around 240lbs. The only thing that would irk me at times was him locking in on one guy or one side of the field which caused him to miss other guys who were wide open. Good move for him to leave though because Kelly would have ruined him imo.

:thumbsup:

Thanks I will watch a bunch of college guys after the holidays pass by, been way to busy this year. In my limited viewing Mahomes looked like the type of kid I'd put my chips behind.

The defense has been absolutely horrendous, but Kelly's gameplans have been just as bad. I get more pissed watching him call plays than I did Roman if that tells you anything.

Irish D was horrific and they did lose a ton of juniors to draft last year. Talent and leadership all gone at once.

Wrong... I'm a Irish fan and skeptical.

+3

Kizer has his moments, but he has been inconsistent this year. I don't see him an an NFL ready QB and we already have a project QB.

Edited by KD in CA

I said it in the draft prospect thread, but I don't see how the team keeps him and Cardale on the same roster. We don't need 2 projects, and I do believe Kizer is a project, though maybe with a shorter timeline than Cardale.

I agree with this statement. If you got one project QB with a High ceiling, the next QB you draft thats within a 3 year range, should be a start ready QB.

I agree with this statement. If you got one project QB with a High ceiling, the next QB you draft thats within a 3 year range, should be a start ready QB.

And to clarify, that's not an argument to not take him. The organization just needs to weigh whether he's significantly better than Jones, so much that he warrants a high draft pick and cutting ties with our 4th round pick from last year. I haven't seen enough tape to make an educated argument on that front.

And to clarify, that's not an argument to not take him. The organization just needs to weigh whether he's significantly better than Jones, so much that he warrants a high draft pick and cutting ties with our 4th round pick from last year. I haven't seen enough tape to make an educated argument on that front.

Open competition.

Best man wins. Much like Seattle did when Wilson took the job.