Bills vs. Steelers Postgame

26CornerBlitz

Stats that stood out

Stats sometimes do not tell the real story.

I agree, if I told you ahead of time that Big Ben would be 17-31 for 220 with 0 TD's and 3 ints, you would have loved our chances. Yet were we even close? The on-side kick at then end just felt so Bills, I was laughing at that point.

Edited by blargo

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@SalSports

The Big Picture
Seventeen years. That’s what it’s going to be. Seventeen years of not participating in the NFL playoffs for the Bills. 2016 looks and feels just like 2015, and 14, and 13, and………along the way they all had different storylines and sub-plots. But the bottom-line remains the same. No playoffs. Again.

@MatthewFairburn

Whether it's tomorrow or at the end of the season, the Buffalo Bills should fire Rex Ryan. Here's why: http://trib.al/2SMnhbI

@RyanTalbotBills

A lot for Bills fans to be angry about following loss, so Mike Gillislee only getting two carries (on meaningless drive) may fly under radar

Sorry if someone talked about this downstream in this thread. With the way the players were slipping in this game, especially in the first half I thought Gillislee should have been more of the featured back in the game. His running style of hitting the hole quickly and making just one cut would have been a better running style for this game. When Shady did hit the hole on one run with speed he had one of his better runs.

There is plenty of blame to go around for this team. There will be the usual contingent of people placing all the blame on Tyrod Taylor and another contingent giving him a free pass, and blaming the defense. This team has a serious number of fundamental problems that are evident to me from watching most of the games this season. These are my perceptions mind you, so I'll defer to actual facts if I'm wrong. Here it goes none the less with some negatives and positives:

• The offense has no sense of urgency, regardless of the score of the game. Opposing defenses are never on their heels because they don't have to be. I don't know as though I've seen a team that manages the clock worse than this one.
  • The third and long defense of the Bills reminds me of the "bend don't break" defense of the Bills in the 1990's, but without a pass rush. I feel like opponents are picking up third down and long pretty much at will, while Rex thinks it's better to rush the passer with three and drop everyone else back in coverage.
  • Tyrod Taylor is not a clutch quarterback. He just doesn't make the throws when it really counts. I would consider him somewhat of the anti-Flutie. Back in those days, you expected him to make plays and win games and he did. These days, I wait for Taylor to take a sack; completely miss a receiver standing in the middle of the field; or throw it where no one can catch it.
  • The offensive line is not the problem. They give Taylor more time to throw the football than any line out there. Is that because they're that good or just because Taylor takes so much time letting the plays develop?
  • McCoy is the real deal. I would attribute some of his success in the run to that same offensive line, but he is electric with just a little open space.
  • The defense gives up too many big plays. I know that Rex Ryan defenses require strong play from defensive backs. I'm just not seeing it from the Bills this year. Darby has looked completely lost at times. There's times when Gilmore looks like he's 10 yards away from a guy catching a ball 20-30 yards downfield. Same with the run game. You had to figure that Bell would be a huge part of the offense in inclement weather. Where was the game plan to stop him? 6.2 YPC and many big plays.

There's still a small chance for them to make the playoffs, although I'm not sure if that even matters. Whomever they would have to play on the road will destroy them. At this point, I would very much consider letting Cardale Jones play the last 3 games under center. In the 27 game sample of Tyrod Taylor, I think we know exactly what he is and what he is not.

I was talking about the MLBs today. Why are they coming down to the line of scrimmage after the snap?. There is no midrange protection when the RBs squeak out from the D line . Almost like the Bills do not spy the RBs. Its just weird to see 3 different RBs get off the DTs and then no body face to face with them. Started with Ajayi i think

I was talking about the MLBs today. Why are they coming down to the line of scrimmage after the snap?. There is no midrange protection when the RBs squeak out from the D line . Almost like the Bills do not spy the RBs. Its just weird to see 3 different RBs get off the DTs and then no body face to face with them. Started with Ajayi i think

It's all about the fits :rolleyes: