Giraffe numbers has declined by 40% over the past 3 decades

Saxum

Considering that most of the Zoo and wild life park giraffes are well taken care of this does not bode well for the wild giraffes.

When we went to zoo as kids I'd always wanted to spend more time at giraffes while most of the rest of family liked the elephants.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/08/science/giraffe-extinction.html

The giraffe population has declined by 40 percent over the past three decades and now stands at about 97,600, according to the findings by the International Union for the Conservation of Nature, which designates endangered species.

Edited by Koolaid

There are more tigers in captivity in the state of Texas than there are in the entire rest of the world. Learned that yesterday. Things are phucked up, man.

Indeed. I've become anti-zoo as I've gotten older. And horse racing ... that's even worse. I was never a track guy (live close to Saratoga), but I am certain that I'll never support that murderous "sport," as long as I live. Our society treats animals horribly.

Indeed. I've become anti-zoo as I've gotten older. And horse racing ... that's even worse. I was never a track guy (live close to Saratoga), but I am certain that I'll never support that murderous "sport," as long as I live. Our society treats animals horribly.

Actually, with regard to the tiger thing in Texas, I believe most of them belong to private owners.