Jeff Fisher about to make NFL history....

Big Turk

Rams coach Jeff Fisher is two losses away from becoming the losingest coach in NFL history...at least he is good at something, but apparently coaching isn't it...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/11/21/jeff-fisher-closing-in-on-the-all-time-coaching-losses-record/

He's not a great NFL coach. But he's won more than he's lost. That makes him a better-than-average coach.

173-162-1.

He's not a great NFL coach. But he's won more than he's lost. That makes him a better-than-average coach.

173-162-1.

Hmmm. He has had many more losing seasons than winning seasons.

This would be his TENTH losing season against 6 winning seasons and 5 8-8s.

The one thing I will say for him is his winning seasons tend to be big winners. 3 of those 6 have been 13-3 seasons.

Rams coach Jeff Fisher is two losses away from becoming the losingest coach in NFL history...at least he is good at something, but apparently coaching isn't it...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/11/21/jeff-fisher-closing-in-on-the-all-time-coaching-losses-record/

This would put him below the biggest losers the NFL has ever seen---Tom Landry and Dan Reeves.

Good find.

This would put him below the biggest losers the NFL has ever seen---Tom Landry and Dan Reeves.

Good find.

Both those coaches coached forever...I guess won enough years you'll have lots of losses but they also won Super Bowls and had much better records than Fisher... Edited by matter2003

Hmmm. He has had many more losing seasons than winning seasons.

This would be his TENTH losing season against 6 winning seasons and 5 8-8s.

The one thing I will say for him is his winning seasons tend to be big winners. 3 of those 6 have been 13-3 seasons.

I hear you Bill. I certainly wouldn't want the Bills to hire the guy.

But the job of a coach is to win games. The exactly average coach wins half and loses half. Fisher (.515) is ever-so-slightly above .500. That makes him an ever-so-slightly above-average coach.

Though I wouldn't disagree if you said those five 8-8 seasons pretty much defined the man.

He does, though, get to the playoffs once every 3 or 4 years. That's better than Bills coaches have done collectively over the past 16 years.

Fisher is being paid like one of the best coaches in the NFL for his mediocrity...his extension pays him $7 million next year and a whopping $9 million the following year...WTF has he done to deserve that?? Maybe because he is on the competition committee they think he will be able to grease a few palms at the league office but that doesn't seem to help hem on the field...

Maybe Fisher should pretend every team they play is Seattle...somehow they seem to beat them quite often and even when they lose its a last second game that comes down to a field goal

Edited by matter2003

the game has passed him by. The Rams have only scored 180 points this season

This succinctly sums up what I was about to post. Sometimes a coach comes in with great ideas, does well and has success, but then stalls because he can't evolve. All of his good ideas are copied and countered and that's that. Fisher is a great example of this. Sad to say, but it looks like Rex is too.

This succinctly sums up what I was about to post. Sometimes a coach comes in with great ideas, does well and has success, but then stalls because he can't evolve. All of his good ideas are copied and countered and that's that. Fisher is a great example of this. Sad to say, but it looks like Rex is too.

Yep!

It's the difference between knowing how to play a few songs, and being a musician.

If you understand how music works and can create, you can write songs forever.

If you are just playing what someone else wrote, you'll run out of repertoire quickly.