• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So tell it... I'm bored!  :D

253681[/snapback]

Cliff Notes version ...

Todd turned into Wadd (as in Johnny), which begat Wads, which begat Wadsworth, which begat Wadsworth P, which begat Wadsworth P. Kumquat, which begat Wadsworth P. Kumquat III, which begat Wadsworth P. Kumquat III, Esq., which begat Sir Wadsworth P. Kumquat III, Esq.

I was also called Todd the Rod in some circles, which morphed into TTR.

Cliff Notes version ...

Todd turned into Wadd (as in Johnny), which begat Wads, which begat Wadsworth, which begat Wadsworth P, which begat Wadsworth P. Kumquat, which begat Wadsworth P. Kumquat III, which begat Wadsworth P. Kumquat III, Esq., which begat Sir Wadsworth P. Kumquat III, Esq.

I was also called Todd the Rod in some circles, which morphed into TTR.

253685[/snapback]

I'm guessing that you and your friends did not have any girl friends and had alot of time on your hands! :D

Well, seeing as though my name has some pop culture references I've heard plenty of Daniel-San and Danno (got a guy at work who occasionally greets me with "Book 'em"). There was always Danny, which I resisted of course when I hit the teen years. Then I learned people are going to call you what they are going to call you. In high school there was "Madman Dan," but it was as much a persona as a nickname. Sprinkle in the occasional "Dan the Man" or, rarely, "Danimal." On the most part, other than Danny, none were really nicknames per se, it's just variants that people would use on occasion.

Though I took some grief for it, didn't earn many nicks based on my last name. Occasionally, someone would call me "Grossman" or "Grossburger," but those would be the "guy at the copier" types.

What was your nick name growing up?

Or some of your buddies names

253405[/snapback]

Polish Pauly ... well cause I'm really Polish.

Mr. Clutch ... because I had knack for scoring big goals -- usually in OT -- in big soccer and hockey games.

PaulyVIP ... because I know how to get the VIP hook up wherever I go.

It was because of his unstoppable crossface.

255455[/snapback]

Chris Benoit. He was becoming popular right around the time I stopped watching pro wrestling. I always like the guys who aren't that big and can hold their own with the real big guys. Even though Paul Orndorf was bigger than Benoit, he certainly wasn't nearly as big as (then "roided up") Hulk Hogan, yet the 2 had legendary battles.

Of course, now wrestling has become Vince McMahon's own personal cesspool.

Guest BackInDaDay

Didn't have one until my early twenties. Kidd Shellac. I'm almost 49, and some of that old crew still only knows me as 'the Kidd'. I laugh, but my wife reminds me how pathetic that is :blink:

The worst I ever heard was the kid brother of a friend of a friend. I was playing over this kid's house, must be 30-something years ago, and everybody was asking this kid where his brother, 'enormo head', was. Well, later on the kid came out to play. Poor s.o.b. was 'bout 8 years old with a head the size of a basketball.

That's some cold ****.

Some of my friends growing up : 'pumkin head', 'the deal', 'the boy', 'ente', 'crusher', 'the whale', 'boner', 'stringbean', 'clutch', 'zeke', 'speedy',

'quinnism', etc.

Kevbeau...take one annoying girlfriend who calls all the time...add sarcastic roomates, as in "Oh Kevbo...Jenny's on the phone again." and there you go. The name actually stuck and most of my college buddy's still call me Kevbo. The beau came in when I found out that Kevbo is often already registered as a user name.

Some of my favorites from friends and acquaintances through the years:

Goph (short for gopher)...my brother's. He's almost 30 and everyone but his wife and my mother still calls him that.

Catastrophe Dan

Nutter

Potash

Reno (dude looked like a cross between a blown up Lorenzo Lamas and Jesus Christ)

Starch

Pole

Steinfeld

Speck

Mango

Hymen