Carucci Blisters Rex And Tyrod - Hits The Nail On The Head

yungmack

My problem with this is I dont want to knee jerk react over losing to a team that might be repping in the Super Bowl this year......David Carr is a franchise qb who is throwing to a quality set of pass catchers....has a running game......all that

BUT

It should be weighed at the end of the season as a whole when you at the WHOLE BODY of work for the season

The major problem I had in the second half is that nobody stepped up and made a play to stop the meltdown....that was disturbing.

And that includes the coaches. Did they make any adjustments at all? They seemed as stunned as the players, standing on the sidelines and watching the implosion like they were ticket-holding spectators. Maybe I missed them actually doing something but it appeared the whole crew was MIA in the second half.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Vic did nail it! The now 10-2 Oakland Raiders that were 3-13 in 2014!

and they weren't afraid to change coaching staffs along the way with 6 different HCes until they finally found a good one in Jack Del Rio who was hired by Oakland the day after Buffalo hired Rex Ryan.

The Bills defense held that vaunted Raiders offense to just 3 FG's in the first half and then went into a prevent shell half way through the third quarter and the same with the offense. Buffalo was out coached and out played in that Raiders game pure and simple.

This game should be a wake-up call for the owners. It looks like they jumped on the excuse bandwagon, though.

No they didn't. The Raiders held themselves to 9 points because of drops that the Bills' defenders didn't cause.

that sequence at the end of the half was pretty baffling. The Bills were trying to run out the clock with 2 minutes remaining in the half. Who does that? The Patriots' have made an art form of the scoring on the last possession of the first half, and first possession of the second half for 2 free scores that are essentially theirs to take and a huge swing.

Bingo May Day....just goes to show you this teams mind set. Why else would you defer?????

We need more articles like this from Vic to put the pressure on Pegula to make changes. Hopefully the pressure will continue and the majority of fans get on this bandwagon to demand that Pegula makes the necessary changes this franchise sorely needs. But if I had to bet money, I'd bet on Pegula doing nothing this off season. Rex will talk his way out of being fired, blaming everything on injuries, exactly like he did last year.

Today's article in the BN is dead-on accurate as far as I'm concerned. As it's from Vic Carucci, it carries a whole lot more weight than the always-negative dreck from Sullivan or Gleason. For that reason, I suspect it is read and taken seriously in the FO.

http://buffalonews.com/2016/12/06/vic-caruccis-bills-wake-call-crisis-alarms-sound-will-anyone-listen/

When you say "dead-on accurate" do you mean it matches your opinion?

EDIT: I just read it. Vic says we were beat by a 9-2 team so we suck. Okay.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

that sequence at the end of the half was pretty baffling. The Bills were trying to run out the clock with 2 minutes remaining in the half. Who does that? The Patriots' have made an art form of the scoring on the last possession of the first half, and first possession of the second half for 2 free scores that are essentially theirs to take and a huge swing.

A team without confidence and balls. Simply put. Happened in the New England game, too. Gave the ball back to Pats and they get a late FG. Pathetic.

Oh and I totally agree with everything Vic had to say. He totally nailed it and I HOPE the message is being read loud and clear at OBD. Perhaps it will light a fire and they will dominate the Steelers.

This team was never taught to finish. I'm not telling you all anything you don't already know. The culture comment was spot on from Alexander, you have to hammer this home every day and they operate the team like 3 separate divisions. Just terrible coaching approach, I like Rex but he's not cut out for a head coaching position and the Raiders game sealed the deal.

And that includes the coaches. Did they make any adjustments at all? They seemed as stunned as the players, standing on the sidelines and watching the implosion like they were ticket-holding spectators. Maybe I missed them actually doing something but it appeared the whole crew was MIA in the second half.

We all saw this same look on Rex Ryan's face in 2014 2x on the NY Jets sideline as the Bills blew them out. He looked lost then and he looked lost against the Raiders as his team gets blown out after having a 15 point lead. 24-9 and his defensive did a nose dive into the turf by playing a prevent defense for the remainder of the game.

The offense suddenly stopped running and forced a running QB to make plays with his arm in the pocket. The worst part of the offense was calling a pass play on first and ten from the Bills own four-yard line. I mean who the eff calls that crap? Any other NFL team no matter how bad they are at least attempts to run it three times to give both the QB or punter room to breathe.

If you read the article the owners are "all in" on the excuse train and they just aren't football savvy enough to see that the whole thing needs to be blown up. From the trainers, scouts, doctors, GM and HC. Nothing changes if the owners keep making the choice for the HC.

When you say "dead-on accurate" do you mean it matches your opinion?

EDIT: I just read it. Vic says we were beat by a 9-2 team so we suck. Okay.

It matches what my eyes saw. My opinion going in is that the Bills had a real chance to win this one, and that was reinforced in the first half. It was also my opinion that TT was good enough to be our QB but that one has taken a ferocious beating.

That Oakland was 9-2 is irrelevant; what counts is the second half collapse by the Bills combined with the complete failure of the coaching staff to remedy the situation. Which is why the Raiders are now 10-2 and the Bills are likely in free fall. The first half demonstrated that we had the players to win this game; the second half showed we don't have the coaches to make that happen.

You're missing the point.

The bottom line is that the Bills were good enough to upset the Raiders. They showed it with the first 3 Q's. And they choked it away because of a lack of leadership, a failure by the coaches, a weak mentality, and an overall culture problem. It goes beyond talent at this point.

BINGO!!!! BINGO!!!

It matches what my eyes saw. My opinion going in is that the Bills had a real chance to win this one, and that was reinforced in the first half. It was also my opinion that TT was good enough to be our QB but that one has taken a ferocious beating.

That Oakland was 9-2 is irrelevant; what counts is the second half collapse by the Bills combined with the complete failure of the coaching staff to remedy the situation. Which is why the Raiders are now 10-2 and the Bills are likely in free fall. The first half demonstrated that we had the players to win this game; the second half showed we don't have the coaches to make that happen.

I 100% get what you're saying. The NFL is crazy unlike any other American sport in that there is such a frequent disparity between highs and lows from week to week. The season hangs in the balance every single week (even if it really doesn't), unlike any other sport.

I'm trying to be 100% objective here, and it's hard as a fan. Going into this season there were numerous threads predicting the Bills' record this season. I would say the very large majority fell anywhere between 7-9 to 9-7 with the remaining prominent outliers at 6-10 and 10-6. We are currently at 6-6. The rest of our schedule looks favorable, but it's the NFL and you never know. Right now I'd say the Bills are well on their way towards meeting, and possibly exceeding fans' expectations. Of course, it's still possible that we end up 7-9 or even 6-10, though highly doubtful.

We need to be more consistent on offense, and we need to be much better on defense. Overall though, I just don't see why panic should set in. Right now, we essentially are who we thought we were going to be.

The Oakland game was a bad loss. Bad losses happen. It was a complete failure across the board for the players and coaches. Hopefully they learn from it and move on. Hopefully the coaches and players can see how they dominated the game vs a great opponent, but couldn't finish. Hopefully they learn how to finish as a team more often than not going forward.

I 100% get what you're saying. The NFL is crazy unlike any other American sport in that there is such a frequent disparity between highs and lows from week to week. The season hangs in the balance every single week (even if it really doesn't), unlike any other sport.

I'm trying to be 100% objective here, and it's hard as a fan. Going into this season there were numerous threads predicting the Bills' record this season. I would say the very large majority fell anywhere between 7-9 to 9-7 with the remaining prominent outliers at 6-10 and 10-6. We are currently at 6-6. The rest of our schedule looks favorable, but it's the NFL and you never know. Right now I'd say the Bills are well on their way towards meeting, and possibly exceeding fans' expectations. Of course, it's still possible that we end up 7-9 or even 6-10, though highly doubtful.

We need to be more consistent on offense, and we need to be much better on defense. Overall though, I just don't see why panic should set in. Right now, we essentially are who we thought we were going to be.

The Oakland game was a bad loss. Bad losses happen. It was a complete failure across the board for the players and coaches. Hopefully they learn from it and move on. Hopefully the coaches and players can see how they dominated the game vs a great opponent, but couldn't finish. Hopefully they learn how to finish as a team more often than not going forward.

That was well said.

We're going to have to endure 3 more years of Rex Dunn Tire ads

Only if they go 9-7/10-6. And even then I'm still not sure. When Rex and Rob are defensive minded coaches and get 37,28,41,31,38 in 5 of their 6 losses either the players aren't that good or the coaches aren't preparing.