Giving Tyrod a new contract was such an awful decision

Yeezus

If Tyrod wins all 4 games, I'll eat my socks. It's not out of the realms of possibility that the team wins all 4 (especially with 3 games left we absolutely should win) but Tyrod winning with his arm, nah.

Don't forget the other possibility-they lose all 4. Probably won't happen, but not impossible. Here is a scenario, they lose to Pittsburgh and are eliminated, come out flat against Browns and get upset, 2 divisional losses follow.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Optics The QB that JUST SHREDDED US MAKES 1.4M this year.

That contract did NOT need to be done.

Carr only makes 1.4? Craziness....

I still have no problem with the contract they gave Tyrod. And considering the options for next year, i have no problem with them bringing him back for about 10-11 million, a deal similar to what Fitz got from the Jets. As long as it allows us to keep Bob Wood.

Who is our QB next year EJ?

TT at a reduced rate or a FA. Same old story with the QB position for this team....I would sign EJ as a backup if possible (who else would we use for the fake snap/try to draw them offside play?).

Edited by ricojes

There are just too many stupid people on this planet to count. By starting QB standards, Taylor's contract is in the lower 25% of the entire NFL. Even if they pick up the option, he counted $6.9m this year and will count $15.9m and $16.8m in 2017 and 2018 respectively. His contract has NOTHING to do with a QB in his second year that put a beating on our defense. The QB draft class in 2017 is for all intensive purposes, garbage. Can this team win 4 games in a row? Maybe. Even if they do, there's no guarantee that gets them to a wildcard. I can tell you that losing to Pittsburgh reduces the playoff odds to single digit percentages. None the less, not a bad contract at all. Nothing awful about it.

Carr can't make anything but 1.4M this year by league rule.

Point?

Is there a league rule that says Taylor needed a Raise? Nope. Optics. Bills once again the "Good Guy" Front Office.

Think NE gives that contract in the Summer? To Taylor because he deserved a raise? Or do they make him play at 3.5M

Edited by MAJBobby

What else would they have spent one year of money on? I bet it wouldn't have changed the season.

Let's see zach Brown cost 1.5M. Maybe 2 more players there.

Or rollover space til next year.

Because the knee jerk extension of Tyrod just did so much

Edited by MAJBobby

Based on the low average pay in it - just a calculated risk. The trade offs at the time were pretty reasonable and we've coasted into the worst case scenario: he's better than the immediate alternatives bad enough that you want to upgrade as soon as possible.

I get that but again it was not needed the same decision still would have been made in the offseason.

Either way just do the right thing now. You protected yourself with the Out for this exact reason. Use the out.

Carr and so many Rookie QBs deserve a raise right away but yet do they extend them when they are under contract for no reason because they deserve a raise?

Are you really not familiar with this practice in the NFL?

I vote that the ability to create threads needs to be taken away from Yeezus......do much "look at me crap"

Couldn't you just create a new "Special" subforum for the intellectually challenged? Put his stuff there for the idiots to mash over.

Sure, Tyrod has limitations, but he has guided an offensive output that is better than anything the Bills have done since Jim Kelly. Only in 2004 did the Bills average more ppg than the current 25.4, and they've done it without a complement of NFL-caliber WRs. Careful what you wish for.

This offense is good enough to get you into the playoffs, the D on the other hand....

Sure, Tyrod has limitations, but he has guided an offensive output that is better than anything the Bills have done since Jim Kelly. Only in 2004 did the Bills average more ppg than the current 25.4, and they've done it without a complement of NFL-caliber WRs. Careful what you wish for.

This offense is good enough to get you into the playoffs, the D on the other hand....

Different Eras

These non NFL WRs are open

No this offense is not good enough to get to the playoffs. It is proven Raider game they showed 5 teams that had the top Running Offense and the Worst Passing offense.

Interestingly 3 of the 5 teams were Bills teams. But want to know what they had in Common other than that 0 playoffs.

If Tyrod wins the next 4 games which is entirely possible will your sentiment remain the same?

Tyrod has beaten 1 winning team in his carrer (Texans in 2015, which barely counts, not including the Patriots this year) and you think we are going to beat not 1 but 2 winning teams in the next 4 games.

hahahaahhahahaahaha