Giving Tyrod a new contract was such an awful decision

Yeezus

Look where it has us now. Bills are in such a difficult place. If only Whaley just held out this year and waited until it was over to decide on giving him a contract. How come a QB like Kirk cousins doesn't get signed but we go ahead and sign Tyrod after 1 season of average QB play??

If we didn't give him that contract we could have easily given him a small contract and signed a FA QB like Romo or drafted our guy this year to compete with Tyrod next year

After all those awful QB decisions the past 16 years the bills front office still hasn't learned

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Look where it has us now. Bills are in such a difficult place. If only Whaley just held out this year and waited until it was over to decide on giving him a contract. How come a QB like Kirk cousins doesn't get signed but we go ahead and sign Tyrod after 1 season of average QB play??

If we didn't give him that contract we could have easily given him a small contract and signed a FA QB like Romo or drafted our guy this year to compete with Tyrod next year

After all those awful QB decisions the past 16 years the bills front office still hasn't learned

IN! If only someone had thought of discussing this before you: http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/190302-we-should-pick-up-the-option-on-tyrod-no-matter-what/

At any rate, the Bills haven't exercised the option yet.

Yep very Fitz knee jerk like and completely unnecessary

And still really wonder if it was Whaleys call.

All things considered, we can avoid most of the cap charges by avoiding the option bonus. The goal was to have control beyond this year, and not feel inclined to use a franchise tag. In order to get him to sign on the dotted line - we had to throw some dollars his way this year. The dead cap is only 2.8 mil if we release him before the 3rd league day.

All things considered, we can avoid most of the cap charges by avoiding the option bonus. The goal was to have control beyond this year, and not feel inclined to use a franchise tag. In order to get him to sign on the dotted line - we had to throw some dollars his way this year. The dead cap is only 2.8 mil if we release him before the 3rd league day.

I get that but again it was not needed the same decision still would have been made in the offseason.

Either way just do the right thing now. You protected yourself with the Out for this exact reason. Use the out.

He deserved a raise after last year. We gave him a contract where he got paid, but the team has no long term commitment. The contract was perfect was Tyrod, we can move on and so can he.

Carr and so many Rookie QBs deserve a raise right away but yet do they extend them when they are under contract for no reason because they deserve a raise?

I get that Bloke but even if they could would other teams give raises because of "optics" and right thing to do and PR

For me it wasn't about giving him a raise because we feel we have to, but it was about extending him at a modestly cheap contract before he either crashes and burns (which the out was put in for), or before he leads the team to the playoffs. You have to give him some money in year 1 or whats the incentive to sign?

I get that Bloke but even if they could would other teams give raises because of "optics" and right thing to do and PR

At the same time, if the rules weren't in place, how many players would ask for more after excelling early?

I had no issue giving Tyrod a bump in pay for last year. I don't think many teams would do it, nor do I think the situation the Bills were in would find a parallel that often across the league.

if we would've just not given him that contract we could've spent it on a QB who's almost 40 and injury prone! that's the sweet spot for our money! not tyrod! ps who the !@#$ is/was our guy to draft again?

We had to give Tyrod that contract. Would have been ridiculous and embarassing to have paid your starting QB the 3.5 million this year, or whatever it was, that he was slated to make this year.

I have no problem with the contract they gave him.

If Tyrod wins the next 4 games which is entirely possible will your sentiment remain the same?

If Tyrod wins all 4 games, I'll eat my socks. It's not out of the realms of possibility that the team wins all 4 (especially with 3 games left we absolutely should win) but Tyrod winning with his arm, nah.

We had to give Tyrod that contract. Would have been ridiculous and embarassing to have paid your starting QB the 3.5 million this year, or whatever it was, that he was slated to make this year.

I have no problem with the contract they gave him.

Optics The QB that JUST SHREDDED US MAKES 1.4M this year.

That contract did NOT need to be done.