WEEK 13 - OAK- O LINE/ QB UNFORCED ERROR ALL 22 REVIEW

Bocephuz

this is being discussed in another thread...

Pro Football Focus begs to differ with your evaluation....

they say TT was "under pressure" on 19 of his 41 plays....that's nearly half the time.

Yes.. I mentioned that earlier in my thread.

I don't know what their methodology is in regards to what qualifies as a "pressure" .. but based on their numbers I would venture that their qualifications as to what qualifies as a "qb pressure" are much more lenient than mine.

My methodology is very straight forward...

• SUFFICENT PROTECTION - QB hits his drop ( 3 step, 5 step.. whatever) and has 1 second to scan his reads
  • QB PRESSURE/ LINE BREAKDOWN - QB hits his drop and has less than 1 second to scan his reads

There are many plays where he hits his drop and then overreacts to pressure and prematurely scrambles out of the pocket ..( ie.. he could slide step to avoid, stay in the pocket and buy himself a second but he doesn't) and then is subsequently under pressure that he created himself that was not necessarily caused by the O Line. I wonder how PFF views these plays?

Just because a QB is under duress on a pass play doesn't mean that the duress should always be attributed to the O Line

What I can say with confidence is that I've watched and analyzed O line play on All 22 for every passing snap of the majority of Bills games for 2015 and 2016.. and I can confidently say that the O Line performed very well in pass protect against the Raiders last Sunday

Edited by Bocephuz