Censorship in today's America

Guest RabidBillsFanVT

Guest RabidBillsFanVT

Censorship and the Internet

I really believed in the fairness and sound reasoning skills of people, who are able to take opinions and treat them with the same skills. However, this is becoming more and more impossible.

It has been in the nature of many Fascist, Communist, and other dictatorships to persecute all people who go against the majority, and it continues today. What a sad state of affairs for a modern world to still be infested with this sort of criminal behavior.

To me, I am appalled and shocked by this. Please do not fear members of the minority, for our voices WILL be heard in one form or another. It may not be in certain places or on certain sites, but we ARE decent people who are still Americans.

Hang your head high, for the battle is waged, and I for one will NEVER give up. Freedom of speech will win out, the ignorant shall get their comeuppance.

Keep the faith, my brothers and sisters. Exiled in Illinois, Olivier in France, and all those others who represent reason and dignity under the face of fire, life is great. The spirit of our kind of people will never perish. I salute each and every one of you, and remember, no matter what, I trust in your good nature and welcome you as true friends of civility.

In all sincerity and brotherhood,

Rabid.

P.S. If you ever come to CT, you'll always have a friend.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really believed in the fairness and sound reasoning skills of people, who are able to take opinions and treat them with the same skills. However, this is becoming more and more impossible.

It has been in the nature of many Fascist, Communist, and other dictatorships to persecute all people who go against the majority, and it continues today. What a sad state of affairs for a modern world to still be infested with this sort of criminal behavior.

To me, I am appalled and shocked by this. Please do not fear members of the minority, for our voices WILL be heard in one form or another. It may not be in certain places or on certain sites, but we ARE decent people who are still Americans.

Hang your head high, for the battle is waged, and I for one will NEVER give up. Freedom of speech will win out, the ignorant shall get their comeuppance.

Keep the faith, my brothers and sisters. Exiled in Illinois, Olivier in France, and all those others who represent reason and dignity under the face of fire, life is great. The spirit of our kind of people will never perish. I salute each and every one of you, and remember, no matter what, I trust in your good nature and welcome you as true friends of civility.

Rabid.

253246[/snapback]

Whaaaaaaaaaaa!! Whaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!

Having not checked in here for awhile, I look here today and whoa and behold...A Rabid meltdown! Wow, what have ya'll done to our little Navy friend?

It seems he's having a Hunter S. Thompson moment. DON'T EAT THE GUN DUDE! IT'LL BE ALRIGHT!

:w00t::D

??????

are you joking?

yeah, it is amazing how much information is being restricted on the Internet these days. I mean, you can barely find anything that isn't pro bush, or that the right wing censorship police haven't restricted.

:w00t:

Guest RabidBillsFanVT

I fully expected to be mocked and derided, but I stand in excellent company throughout the history of the world. For every 10 examples of the types of low blows I expect, there is 1 private message I recieve saying what a great thing it is that I said, and for me that makes me very happy considering the circumstances.

There is nothing more fulfilling than being a compassionate, understanding human being, and enjoying the company of those who can engage in serious debate without resorting to tactics employed by those in middle school.

The days of icons and capitalized letters are over as I am dissapointed beyond belief. However, for those who still are in disagreement with my politics and can carry out a stirring conversation without the biting cold of childish labels and names, I do include you as friend as well. We cannot all be of the same mind and beliefs, but that never stops us from being cordial and having a good time.

I haven't cracked, or gone off the deep end; I merely have little faith in what I once thought was quite a good idea in principle.

Ahh.  Leave it for a Vermont liberal to invite people to Connecticut.

Why is the knee jerk reaction of someone who isn't getting enough attention, censorship?

253518[/snapback]

Seriously....we have enough liberals here as it is. We don't need to import any of the hard core hippies from VT!

those who can engage in serious debate without resorting to tactics employed by those in middle school.

253451[/snapback]

Funny, middle school tactics is what got you booted in the first place.

Oh, and you forgot the righties in your list of the "persecuted". So much for being a moderate.

Guest RabidBillsFanVT
Funny, middle school tactics is what got you booted in the first place.

Oh, and you forgot the righties in your list of the "persecuted". So much for being a moderate.

253680[/snapback]

You know, it is often the tactics of some to try a person without a trial, to convict without evidence of breaking the law, and to not explain the charges. If the goal is to drive off people from this board who disagree with the right of this board, then mission accomplished! I didn't do anything wrong, nobody explained the charges, nobody gave me any warning, nothing.

I read the rules, and I did not break them.... even if I did based on someone's perception, I was carted off in the night like some NKVD operation.

My conscience is totally clear on this!

If the goal is to drive off people from this board who disagree with the right of this board, then mission accomplished!

253715[/snapback]

So, explain to me the banning of the righties on the board. Kinda makes your argument seem pretty foolish, doesn't it?

If you have more questions on moderation, address it via PM. No further discussion of this will take place on the board. Consider that a warning.

You know, it is often the tactics of some to try a person without a trial, to convict without evidence of breaking the law, and to not explain the charges. If the goal is to drive off people from this board who disagree with the right of this board, then mission accomplished! I didn't do anything wrong, nobody explained the charges, nobody gave me any warning, nothing.

I read the rules, and I did not break them.... even if I did based on someone's perception, I was carted off in the night like some NKVD operation.

My conscience is totally clear on this!

253715[/snapback]

Maybe you should try reading the board rules.

Rabid.

253246[/snapback]

Nice to see you and Richio share the same pharmacist.

:D

"The Internet is free!"

The Internet is free?

WTF?

justtryandstoppayingyourtelephoneorcablebillforamonthandyou'llfindoutjustexactlyhowfreetheinternetreallyis. andwhileyou'reatitdidyoueverstopandconsiderallthelittleelectronsthatgavetheirlifesoyoucouldspewforthyourfreespeechdrivel?

that'swhatithought-no!andjusthowlongdoyouintendtokeepondominatingandrepressingthosetinyandtoyouinsignificantfundamentalcomponentsoftheuniverse?

whatabunchofcrapit'saloadofcrapIdon'thavetotakethatcrapit'sabunchofcrap

Hi!

It is like anything thing else. Those who control the aperture to the internet will always attempt to push their own agenda. It is human nature. They will give more leeway towards their kind and pass harsher judgement on those differing beliefs. Make note, I say DIFFERING.

Wherever you go on the internet, I get the impression that if you read all the rules, don't swipe a swig of the 'Fizzy Lifting Drink' so Wonka and the Oompa Loompa's have to clean up after your "mess", everything will be fine... And oh yes, return the 'Everlasting Gobstopper!"

:D