12-5: Eric Wood & Rex Ryan Media/Locker Room Interviews

12-5: ERIC WOOD ON WGR (19:22)

Eric Wood up next on WGR!

Wood- "It's a helpless feeling sitting on the couch. You hope you could help out, but it is the nature of the business."

Wood- "I get butterflies before games, I've been genuinely nervous for these past few games."

Wood- "We just never got back into a rhythm offensively. I thought it was awesome how we started the game with 3 WRs."

Wood- "I thought it was going to be a good day offensively, the defense was getting stops, holding them to 3 points."

Wood- "Then the momentum swung their way and no one was able to make a big play."

Wood- "There's coaches and 10 other players that goes into the quarterback play."

Wood on Felton- "He's a valuable piece of our team. A to be balance which we want to be, a fullback is an important piece."

Wood- "I'm the guy yelling holding, which is funny because when I'm on offense I am never yelling that."

Wood- "A lot of offensive lines look good against not a lot of rushers."

Wood- "I'm a big Eric Berry fan, I know it hurt our chances, but I'm a big fan of him as a guy."

Wood- "It hurt me watching, but I can't imagine being in that locker room after the game with having a team on the road on the ropes."

Wood- "I think I'm gonna be able to go this week, and be around and be in the atmosphere of it."

Wood- "Even if we win all 4 we might not get in. We're gonna fight like crazy I can tell you that and we're not gonna go down not swinging."

Rex Ryan: "We Are Still in the Hunt" (15:32)

HC Rex Ryan addressed the media topics include; being better in pressure situations, the pass rush, and winning the next four games.

Rex Ryan is about to speak to the media for his normal Monday press conference. Our @SalSports has full coverage and quotes.

"I felt we had the game going well for 2 and half quarters and felt like we imploded in all areas." -- Rex

Rex - "Even our punter, who has been very good, had a poor day."

"At no point" is it a consideration to look at Cardale Jones at QB, according to Rex.

John Miller was medically cleared to come back into the game. No concussion. Darby is out of concussion protocol.

Rex - The last 3 weeks Stephon Gilmore is playing as good as any CB in the league.

On Charles Clay situation, Rex says he wishes communication could have been better throughout process but doesn't fault him for the decision

12-5: REX RYAN ON WGR (13:24)

Rex Ryan on with Schopp and the Bulldog NOW!

Rex- "Seemed like we got on our heels and by the time we righted the ship it was too late."

Rex- "You'll talk to individuals, it's part of what you do."

Rex- "In hindsight you do anything other than what you did, but at the time it's happening you don't really realize it's happening."

Rex on the defense- "We got beat physically in a couple things, we're weren't on the same page, there's a lot of contributing factors."

Rex- "It's tougher, the skill level of the offensive players, every rule basically benefits the offense. It's a big difference."

Rex on end of the 1st half- "I'd do it again the exact same way. I wasn't going to use a foolish timeout."

Rex- "I thought we handled it well. If we convert that 3rd down, we're off to the races."

Rex- "I did not tell Anthony Lynn to run the football, I just told him that I wasn't going to use timeouts. We were trying to score."

Rex- "You gotta give the Raiders some credit. They made adjustments. Outside of one or two passes we really struggled."

Rex- "I believe we can win with Tyrod, but it's about us getting better as a team and that's where the focus has to be."

Rex- "We're counting on our fans being there. People are writing us off. We need our fans to be a huge asset for us and believe they will."

Ryan Groy: "We Are Not Done" (5:08)
C Ryan Groy addressed the media today inside the locker room topics include; how well FB Jerome Felton played against the Raider, his role as a starter, and the vibe inside the locker room.

Rex- "We're counting on our fans being there. People are writing us off. We need our fans to be a huge asset for us and believe they will."

Well Rex...The fans were counting on you too...And you know how that has gone...

Rex- "You gotta give the Raiders some credit. They made adjustments. Outside of one or two passes we really struggled."

I notice Rex doing this a lot lately...He won't be critical of his QB when he can't hit the broad side of a barn...Or his crap defense...Or his crap defensive coaching...But darn those Raiders are good for being a football team and making adjustments...

Some of the answers he gave in that post game presser were embarrassing...When asked about being gashed by the Raiders run game he brings up how the Bills gashed the Raiders worse...Well Rex...the Raiders are the 29th run defense in the NFL...So if that makes you feel better about your defense good for you...

Anyway...I'm so sick of that guy...I really disliked the hire, but I was quickly snowed by Rex's charm...Should have know my gut was right on that one...My bad...But no more... B-)

Edited by KOKBILLS