Carson Wentz Exposed

#34fan

I said it months ago, and got panned (per usual) :lol: .... Wentz's mechanics are awful, and have finally become an issue.... http://sports.yahoo.com/news/theres-something-wrong-with-carson-wentzs-throwing-style-and-much-of-nfl-has-caught-on-011427565.html

I would like to take this time to also point out that Cardale Jones' mechanics are (In my humble opinion) -excellent... Not sure where I'm going with that, but take it for what it's worth.

Wentz played his whole college career against one and two-star recruits in front of high school-size crowds. Cardale had his greatest (nearly unprecedented) success against teams loaded with NFL talent on the biggest stage imaginable, but it's Cardale who's considered "raw".😀

Wentz played his whole college career against one and two-star recruits in front of high school-size crowds. Cardale had his greatest (nearly unprecedented) success against teams loaded with NFL talent on the biggest stage imaginable, but it's Cardale who's considered "raw".😀

Not to mention North Dakota State is the Alabama of FCS football. So he had a ton of talent around him.

But still going to be a good QB IMO just not as fast as Eagle fans thought earlier in the year.

Wentz played his whole college career against one and two-star recruits in front of high school-size crowds. Cardale had his greatest (nearly unprecedented) success against teams loaded with NFL talent on the biggest stage imaginable, but it's Cardale who's considered "raw".

This is why C. Jones was a great pick....I really dont think he is gonna end up being a backup QB in the NFL.....but you also gotta bring him along slowly if your looking for Aaron Rogers type production

This is why C. Jones was a great pick....I really dont think he is gonna end up being a backup QB in the NFL.....but you also gotta bring him along slowly if your looking for Aaron Rogers type production

Then you need to get David Lee away from him

As fast as possible before he does anymore damage

Then you need to get David Lee away from him

As fast as possible before he does anymore damage

I am not a fan of David Lee

He's clearly doing wonders for Tyrod... Just like he did for Pickspatrick back in '12. :lol: Then there's all the work he put in Tony Romo which... -Oh wait, never mind. :doh:

Wentz will be fine and will be a great QB.

Not if he doesn't fix that mickey-mouse delivery of his... I agree with you in part.... Wentz is too big of a talent to let that slide... Perhaps we can loan PHI Dave Lee to help figure it out.. :lol:

Edited by #34fan

Rookie QB bust, give me a break. It is better to struggle now and work on ones game than to think you have it all figured and collapse later (RG3)

Wentz will be fine and will be a great QB.

:lol:

He has struggled in recent weeks. Too early to call him a bust.

The "Goff and Wentz are as good as Mariota and Winston" takes that Mayock and a few others had last spring never made sense to me though. I had mid first round grades on both. Mariots and Winston I had top 3 grades on (with Leaonard Williams) in 2015.

Edited by GunnerBill

The "Goff and Wentz are as good as Mariota and Winston" takes that Mayock and a few others had last spring never made sense to me though. I had mid first round grades on both. Mariots and Winston I had top 3 grades on (with Leaonard Williams) in 2015.

I really like Wentz and he has the right mindset to become great and I believe he will. I would take him on our Team in a heartbeat.

wow, because rookie QB, always start playing great and continue that way for the entire season and their stock never takes a dip!

said no one ever

The guy is like every rookie QB who has played and had some success early. Now the defenses have some film on the guy, they are studying his tendencies and taking away the things he's comfortable with. His job to get in the film room and study everything that's being thrown against him and learn and adjust.

As far as Cardale Jones goes, he's has taken how many snaps in a live nfl game that count?

Yep that's what I thought.

Edited by KRT88

Yeah, just like it was too early to call him a success after the first 3 games. Wentz has a couple pretty glaring issues that have been exposed - he's horrible under pressure and his delivery is long, slow and awkward. It's common for QBs attempting to correct their throwing motion to revert to their old habits when in game situations, especially when they are under pressure. If Wentz can correct his mechanics and keep them corrected, then he will probably be a good NFL QB. If not, he'll just be another highly drafted bust.

Yeah, just like it was too early to call him a success after the first 3 games. Wentz has a couple pretty glaring issues that have been exposed - he's horrible under pressure and his delivery is long, slow and awkward. It's common for QBs attempting to correct their throwing motion to revert to their old habits when in game situations, especially when they are under pressure. If Wentz can correct his mechanics and keep them corrected, then he will probably be a good NFL QB. If not, he'll just be another highly drafted bust.

Agree.

Hell be alrite, just gotta keep workin on the mechanics and convert to muscle memory. We all knew after a few weeks and people had film on him things would be a lot more difficult. Another year of study to see what teams did to shut him down and he should be fine.

Seen a number of throws from that game and Carson has got his concrete feet back. What I feared when they traded Bradford, it would probably start to unravel as time wore on.

He'll hopefully learn by doing this year and work to adapt. He's a smart kid, he'll be able to diagnose what he's doing wrong himself. Coaches just need to make sure his head doesn't drop in the meantime.