I'm calling each and every member of the CoT out

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol. You must've missed it, but the defense didn't do a !@#$ing thing in that quarter either.

The entire team was a disaster for most of the second half. That includes both the offense and defense. Yikes. You are stubborn.

Stringing together four consecutive drives in which you don't gain a first, with one of them terminating inside your own 15. Do you honestly believe that none of this takes its toll on the defense?

This is a yes or no question. Answer accordingly or don't answer at all.

Stringing together four consecutive drives in which you don't gain a first, with one of them terminating inside your own 15. Do you honestly believe that none of this takes its toll on the defense?

I do. It started with the wildcat twice in a row drive followed by an awful Tyrod throw on 3rd down - then an absolutely miserable punt. We seem to make our mistakes in 3's when we begin to implode.

This time I have to agree with you. Tyrod left the defense out to dry today. Your QB has to be able to make basic throws and he just can't.

Also, this punter has a real knack for botching kicks at Key times.

Edited by Coach Tuesday

You're just going to dismiss that the offense ran a total of <5 min of TOP over 5 drives against what everyone knew was a great offense who was playing at home?

The offense did...NOTHING...for a full quarter. A quarter. An entire !@#$ing quarter of the game.

If you read my post I said it was a team loss. All around. You on the other hand are defending rex ryan and his defence?? 29 points. In 12 minutes...

This time I have to agree with you. Tyrod left the defense out to dry today. Your QB has to be able to make basic throws and he just can't.

Also, this punter has a real knack for botching kicks at Key times.

WGR hammering this point right now

If you read my post I said it was a team loss. All around. You on the other hand are defending rex ryan and his defence?? 29 points. In 12 minutes...

Defending the defense? No. If that was your takeaway then it's you who needs to re-read.

Saying what is patently obvious: that the offense's inability to do LITERALLY ANYTHING lost us the game is NOT an excuse for the defense. It's not a defense of the defense. It's not an alibi for Rex Ryan.

Take all your biases and check them. And listen to what people are actually saying.

WGR hammering this point right now

Which point?

Defending the defense? No. If that was your takeaway then it's you who needs to re-read.

Saying what is patently obvious: that the offense's inability to do LITERALLY ANYTHING lost us the game is NOT an excuse for the defense. It's not a defense of the defense. It's not an alibi for Rex Ryan.

Take all your biases and check them. And listen to what people are actually saying.

Which point?

I think you need to calm down a bit bud lol, no need to insult here. Just talking football. And yes I did take your point as you defending the defence. My apologies if that's not what you meant

Edited by billsfan11

Which point?

The ineptitude of the offense hanging the defense out to dry

I think you need to calm down a bit bud lol, no need to insult here. Just talking football. And yes I did take your point as you defending the defence. My apologies if that's not what you meant

it's been routinely misinterpreted thusly. apologies for making you the target of 14+ months of frustration with a select few posters who keep making this "mistake.

and will continue to do so

by the way....it is CHURCH of Tyrod....not Cult of Tyrod. Tyrod Taylor is a fine young man

I was gonna say i never heard of cult of tyrod before. That was new. You obviously like him. Much respect to your unwavering support of number 5 though

The worst thing about the whole Flutie/Johnson era wasn't that Flutie was treated unfairly or that Johnson didn't get a chance, it was that Bills fans wasted a ton of energy arguing over two QBS who were career backups at best. Neither guy was a quality starter, but it didn't stop the endless crusades either way.

Taylor isn't an NFL quality passer. No freakin' duh. It's delusional to think he will ever be one.

However, he is an effective runner, and the Bills offense is a great at running the ball; it is the strongest part of their team.

They built a 24-9 lead on the strength of their running game today. And then during the next four drives, they ran the ball FOUR times. A more interesting conversation might be why this coaching staff refuses to call plays to the team's strength.

As for finding Taylor's replacement, good luck with this front office. As a team executive, Whaley has passed on Russell Wilson, Derek Carr, Dak Prescott and Kirk Cousins.

Instead, Whaley has drafted two specimens who have little accuracy and less football sense. For too long it seems that if a QB isn't six foot four, Bills management has no interest in him. And Whaley fits this mold.

So what's the argument here? Taylor is a lousy passer? Might as well waste time arguing water is wet.

Should the Bills look for his replacement? Of course they should. In fact, if they had any clue on how to evaluate QBS, they would have drafted Prescott in the 3rd last year, instead of drafting Rex another DT for his moronic defensive scheme.

Would Jones be better? Probably not this year. He's inaccurate, has problems reading defense, and this idiotic 7 step drop vertical passing scheme the Bills play would do him no favors. But the season is shot, so what the hell, put the rookie in.

What's the answer? You have to seriously ask yourself is the current front office and coaching staff is capable of developing a franchise QB. Is Whaley capable of truly scouting the position.

Will Rex spend high round picks on offense to support a young QB or will he use them on his defense.

Will the coaching staff install a more passer-friendly offense, with 3 step drops, slants and screens.

Until those things happen, the fans are stuck in Flutie/Johnson debate hell. Turning on one another arguing over QBs who aren't and never will be NFL quality starters, unrealistically hoping that the people who run the team rise above their own ineptitude, get lucky, and draft a true franchise QB.

At this point I am absolutely not opposed to an open competition for QB going next year....I am wondering if we should have made Tyrod earn it THIS year

Sounds like a good plan to me?

They were so enamored with how he was top player in all the drills how he seemed to take control of the huddle in ota and tc. He showed that it clicked and took the next step. The problem was they didnt want to bring any one in to compete with tyrod like they said IN THOSE WORDS. Even if he had a competition he beat EJ last year and that would almost be beating a dead horse. The longest drought in pro sports I would assume every position was a competition. Thats our problem. We get ok and think its great. That explains the current state of the franchise