Raiders will have some injured defensive players out Sunday

YoloinOhio

Are you getting riled up?

Lawson a top pass rusher? Tell me does Ragland start over the Browns?

I just you a chart that accounts for the quality of players relative to each other. Yes AW is a solid player. However 3 of him is not worth losing 1 JJ Watt. Sorry to say, you're wrong.

Uh, yes and yes to your first two questions.

No, AW is not Watt. What about Dareus and Sammy? And losing Wood is huge.

But look at the bubbles! My god

Are you getting riled up?

Lawson a top pass rusher? Tell me does Ragland start over the Browns?

I just you a chart that accounts for the quality of players relative to each other. Yes AW is a solid player. However 3 of him is not worth losing 1 JJ Watt. Sorry to say, you're wrong.

Calmer than you are, Dude.

Yes, Lawson was going to be one of our top pass rushers. Probably why we took him in the first round, certainly not for his pass coverage skills. Yes, Ragland was slotted to start at MLB during training camp when he was healthy and by most accounts looked tremendous.

AW compared to JJ Watt? Are you serious? How about comparing Dareus to JJ Watt? Maybe that's a bit more realistic, no? I'd sure as hell take 3 Dareus' over 1 JJ Watt.

Edited by Mark80

Uh, yes and yes to your first two questions.

No, AW is not Watt. What about Dareus and Sammy? And losing Wood is huge.

But look at the bubbles! My god

Dareus and Sammy are both accounted for. Neither are as a good as Watt. Watt is also not Houston's only injury.

Shaq Lawson is not a top pass rusher and Ragland is a question mark on the field. I don't see him beating out the play of Preston or Zach this season, so he's a non factor.

If the bubbles are so offensive, they have lists of the players you can take a look at. May be easier on the eyes.

Despite any injuries, the Raiders will do exactly what Jville did--stack the box and stop Shady. Irvin and Mack are fast enough set the edges and force him inside, or to change direction and run backwards (yikes)

But 8 in the box only means 3 db's. Our qb completed just a dozen passes last week, he's gonna have to sling it a lot more than that to keep up with Carr.

Shady can't win us this game if they're keying on him every play. No rb can. Would like to see Lynn show the same inventiveness he displayed in the Seattle game and keep the D on their heels.

Despite any injuries, the Raiders will do exactly what Jville did--stack the box and stop Shady. Irvin and Mack are fast enough set the edges and force him inside, or to change direction and run backwards (yikes)

But 8 in the box only means 3 db's. Our qb completed just a dozen passes last week, he's gonna have to sling it a lot more than that to keep up with Carr.

Shady can't win us this game if they're keying on him every play. No rb can. Would like to see Lynn show the same inventiveness he displayed in the Seattle game and keep the D on their heels.

How did that turn out for the Jags. In case you missed it we lead the league in rushing. The big question in this game is our D against their O. Because I don't see them stopping ours.

O Scoreing rank team pts scored vs. OAK

29 Texans 20

24 BAL 27

16 KC 26

17 TB 24

10 CAR 32

Not a perfect science because I'm not gonna put that much time into it. They did manage to hold #7 TEN to 10 Points early in the season. The reality is its 5.3YPC and 20TDs against a team that gives 4.6 and 12 TDS to lesser running offenses.

Edited by manbeast

It will be fine for Raiders who have a much much better QB than Bortles

Well if you actually read my posts you would know that my concern is their Offense and not their defense, which is no surprise to me that you only quoted half the story and I wonder what you and the others will use as excuses if we beat them I swear its hard to tell sometimes what team your rooting for given the fact that you and a few others skew statistics to try and make your team look worse than they actually are. Usually it's the other way around. I tend to look at things objectively.

Edited by manbeast

I'm so sick of hearing this. No, not every team has their best WR injured most of the year, their second best WR missing significant time, their third best WR missing time, their best RB missing time, the best defensive player missing more than 1/2 the season, their number 1 pick missing significant time, their number 2 pick missing significant time, their best safety missing significant time, now their starting CB missing time. I implore anyone here to find ANY team out there that can put up a list of injuries to significant difference makers that is even close to ours. And yet, we are still over .500 playing with some guys literally signed off the street. Rex and Whaley deserve a lot of credit in my mind, our training staff, however, can all find new jobs in the off season.

Agree

Agree

Also agree as I just put in another reply who are these guys rooting for. They try to make people seem strange for drinking the kool-aid when that is what fans do. Why wouldn't people make excuses for their own. These A******$ would prefer to make excuses for other teams. I remember when this board was someplace you could actually have objective conversations about our team and I would have to defend the team and point out reality to cowboys fans and dolphins fans. Now days it seems the anti-Bills are on our own boards. Trying to call themselves fans because they watch and go to games. The word fan is derived from fanatic-A person marked or motivated by an extreme, unreasoning enthusiasm, as for a cause.(or a team in our case). Ironically the same people who caused me to leave these boards are the same reason I came back.

Edited by manbeast

Well if you actually read my posts you would know that my concern is their Offense and not their defense, which is no surprise to me that you only quoted half the story and I wonder what you and the others will use as excuses if we beat them I swear its hard to tell sometimes what team your rooting for given the fact that you and a few others skew statistics to try and make your team look worse than they actually are. Usually it's the other way around. I tend to look at things objectively.

So how did that work out for the jags comment quoting a comment about their defense stacking the box and playing limited DBs. Keep trying I read the context.

Nice edit after the fact though

Edited by MAJBobby