We Should Pick Up the Option on Tyrod No Matter What

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

• Replies 875
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think TT is going to be here if for no other reason of no real alternative......

but

I am starting to come around to the idea that his contact needs to be looked at again

The contract amount has no bearing on anything though. He's still gonna be just as inept at league minimum, QB maximum, or anywhere in between. Honestly, are you going to be better able to accept him missing a wide open Sammy Watkins, refusal to throw over the middle, or running into sacks because we save a few bucks? Really? Overdorf did a masterful job with the structure of his deal, it doesn't hamstring us in the least with regard to the cap and that's all that matters in terms of dollars.

That said, we would be well within reason to broach the idea with TT's camp about a more incentive-laden restructure but given how his agent has an inflated sense of his worth, I doubt they'd be receptive to it. However, I can see TT being open to that idea.

Suffice to say, the All 22 frowns upon Tyrod Taylor far more often than not.

And yet he remains our most viable, realistic option for the short term.

OY!

Disagree, with this line and running game an average pocket passer would be a vast improvement. Time to move on to anyone else.

Disagree, with this line and running game an average pocket passer would be a vast improvement. Time to move on to anyone else.

Let me guess: Brian Hoyer!

Unfortunately, there is only one potential QB that might, repeat might, satisfy a short term solution and that's Romo, as he has the credibility needed to satisfy the veterans on the team and the experience to adapt to our system sooner rather than later, but he's a health concern to say the least and probably wouldn't want to spend his twilight years on a team like ours, anyway.

That doesn't mean we won't necessarily sign somebody else because we have to. But I'd bet whoever that somebody else is, won't win the job vs. Taylor, all his warts and all.

So much easier to say there's somebody else, so much harder to actually find him and have him prove it.

Let me guess: Brian Hoyer!

Unfortunately, there is only one potential QB that might, repeat might, satisfy a short term solution and that's Romo, as he has the credibility needed to satisfy the veterans on the team and the experience to adapt to our system sooner rather than later, but he's a health concern to say the least and probably wouldn't want to spend his twilight years on a team like ours, anyway.

That doesn't mean we won't necessarily sign somebody else because we have to. But I'd bet whoever that somebody else is, won't win the job vs. Taylor, all his warts and all.

So much easier to say there's somebody else, so much harder to actually find him and have him prove it.

Yeah, not really a Romo(injuries) or Hoyer fan either, but I do think a QB that has the ability to see and use the whole field would be a huge improvement. He wouldn't have to be the best QB around and I don't think he would have to be with how frequent the Bills WR are open.

Yeah, not really a Romo(injuries) or Hoyer fan either, but I do think a QB that has the ability to see and use the whole field would be a huge improvement. He wouldn't have to be the best QB around and I don't think he would have to be with how frequent the Bills WR are open.

Geno Smith?

Hoyer would have us LONGING for the days of Tyrod Taylor. If anyone thinks TT can't rise to the big occasion, they oughta check out Hoyer's body of work in that regard. The moment is simply too big for him and his limited abilities.

I think TT is going to be here if for no other reason of no real alternative......

but

I am starting to come around to the idea that his contact needs to be looked at again

Can I get a hallelujah?

It's a baby step, but your grim stoic exterior is beginning to show signs of stress.

He doesn't need to be here. I would rather see a year of utter craptastic football than another season like this. Shitcan him.

Has plenty of warts irrespective of the Bills' receiving corps.

Can we start calling it a receiving corpse?

Can I get a hallelujah?

It's a baby step, but your grim stoic exterior is beginning to show signs of stress.

He doesn't need to be here. I would rather see a year of utter craptastic football than another season like this. Shitcan him.

Can we start calling it a receiving corpse?

Given all of the injuries we've seen this season, that would be appropriate. :lol:

Suffice to say, the All 22 frowns upon Tyrod Taylor far more often than not.

And yet he remains our most viable, realistic option for the short term.

OY!

That is the problem, isn't it? I'm not sure what better alternatives exist for next year. (No way Romo plays out his career in Buffalo.)

Even though many here insist that Cardale needs another year of "training" (not sure how sitting behind Tyrod is making him a better QB), I would like to see him given a shot at winning the job next year. What would be unacceptable to me would be for Tyrod to be brought back next year and handed the starting job like he was this year. But if the Bills pick up Tyrod's option in the offseason, isn't that what will happen?

Serious question: Do you think there is a market for Tyrod? Would it be possible to get anything for him in trade? This past year, there were rumors that Denver had a lot of interest. I'm guessing there are no teams that would bring Tyrod in to be their starter this offseason. How much interest would there be in Tyrod as a FA if the Bills decline to pick up his option?

Edited by mannc

That is the problem, isn't it? I'm not sure what better alternatives exist for next year.

Anything but status quo for me. I could see an offseason where we either pick up Taylor's option or renegotiate it, resign Manuel to a backup contract and then there's Jones. That would be the worst of all possible options for me, but, I could see it happening. The time for standing pat with Taylor (or EJ) has come and gone. Cut the ties and move on.

I recant my opinion stated last week that Tyrod isn't going anywhere. His performance against the Raiders was that bad. The formula the Bills are using just isn't going to get it done against a high powered offense. It is a QB driven league that wants to see points scored. If the Bills had home field advantage through the playoffs in a snowy Bills Stadium it might work but how many super bowls are being played in that climate?

Taylor impressed most last season completing long passes. This year he's way off , what happened ?

it has nothing to do with his top 3 WR's from last year missing for all or most of this year (Sammy, woods, Hogan) and last week his #1 TE stayed home ....and his starting center & RT are gone......those are just excuses (sarcasm) .....

it has nothing to do with his top 3 WR's from last year missing for all or most of this year (Sammy, woods, Hogan) and last week his #1 TE stayed home ....and his starting center & RT are gone......those are just excuses (sarcasm) .....

They are