The Bills should acquire Cutler.

Tipster19

Jay Cutler is the most unhappiest man I've ever seen.

Gifted athlete, his career is what he's good at, millionaire, beautiful wife and children....

And he looks completely miserable.

I don't want him on a Bills team because he doesn't enjoy playing football and I think you need that to be fundamentally successful as an NFL player.

In all fairness we should stick to Cutler the football player not Cutler the man.

Plenty of people put on a smile at work and seem great then go home and beat their wives and kids. Just bc he looks aloof doesnt mean hes miserable.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Say what you want but the guy has a rocket arm, has always played behind a crappy OLine and we have a strong run game. Furthermore Cutler is not afraid to take shots, Taylor plays too conservative for my liking and I'' sick and tired of watching the touch passes skipped in there like he's throwing stones across a lake.

:sick: --- literally

In all fairness we should stick to Cutler the football player not Cutler the man.

Plenty of people put on a smile at work and seem great then go home and beat their wives and kids. Just bc he looks aloof doesnt mean hes miserable.

Jay also has diabetes so part of the glum look might just be a blood sugar issue. That narrative gets way overblown.

Whenever I hear someone suggest we sign Jay Cutler, I just remember that season opener against the Bears where he threw that critical INT to Kyle Williams. He does **** like that all the time. He has all the arm talent but not the anticipation and field vision. He sucks.

He's a modern day joe Ferguson. Great tools, not strong mentally on the field, head down a lot, makes critical mistakes at the worst time. Everytime I watch Cutler I think of Fergy. It's like he's his clone. To me, the similarities are striking.

Say what you want but the guy has a rocket arm, has always played behind a crappy OLine and we have a strong run game. Furthermore Cutler is not afraid to take shots, Taylor plays too conservative for my liking and I'' sick and tired of watching the touch passes skipped in there like he's throwing stones across a lake.

A year-and-a-half of watching TT and you're convinced he's not a franchise QB.

But a decade of watching Cutler and you think he is?

I don't get it.

TT might still have some upside. But we know with certainty who Jay Cutler is as a QB and it's just not good enough.

I agree except I've been told the contract TT signed only makes him the 20th highest paid QB and for that price I don't think Cutler is that much better. My hope is after the contract kicks in TT reverts back to year one early season and lets the rock fly a bit more than he has.

Isn't that sorta what a touch pass is? Hence the words 'touch pass'

I agree except I've been told the contract TT signed only makes him the 20th highest paid QB and for that price I don't think Cutler is that much better. My hope is after the contract kicks in TT reverts back to year one early season and lets the rock fly a bit more than he has.

Maybe a full offseason with Anthony Lynn and a healthy WR corp will help.

Edited by klos63

Brilliant idea!! Cutler just needs a change of scenery. Buffalo would be a breath of fresh air for him. Bills fans would welcome him in our warm embrace....his first 10 interceptions would be quickly forgiven. His aloof indifference would be favorably compared to the iconic persona of Trent Edwards. Fans on the board would rave about Cutler's "cannon"! He would be the first chain-smoker to play for the Bills since Paul Posluszny, another fan favorite.

What could go wrong? It would be like Donald Trump naming Alex Jones to be his National Security Advisor.....a colossal goat-f**k!

Cutler is slightly above average and vastly underrated by most football fans. I agree, we should acquire Cutler if we can. Tyrod, Cutler, and a (hopefully) developing Cardale Jones would be the best QB roster we've had in a long time. Plus, if Sammy ever stays healthy and you add another real threat at WR Cutler could be very good with us.

I know people knock his leadership and lack of elite play, but if you take an honest look at Cutler and what he has had in Chicago you realize he's worthy of a starting spot in the NFL. He would be an excellent addition to the team as a 1.b backup...get him and have Tyrod run more with the security.

Totally agree with this. Cutler would provide an upgrade to our QB roster. He is better than EJ by miles, and he would provide great competition for TT.

Cutler is pretty lousy. I'm not a huge Tyrod supporter, but I'd stick with him over Cutler for sure, and hope he improves.