RIP Joe McKnight

wtf?! He surrendered his weapon and there were eyewitnesses!

Having a witness say something anonymously in the press isn't always compatible with what other evidence is showing. They also may just be charging him in the very near future.

I don't know a ton on this one but those are broad reminders I give during any publicized case early in the process

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This isn't a 2nd amendment issue.

And "defending your life" with a gun when the other person doesn't have one. That makes one a murderer most times and a pu$$y.

you're attacking the 2nd amendment. And that's your opinion.

As well as defending yourself with a gun when someone else's doesn't have one is also your opinion. Soooo.. you've got opinions. They're really special and all unique. But... you've turned it into a second amendment issue. You have the right to defend yourself with a gun in this country. Its a federal law and 46 States seem to be in agreement with this viewpoint.

Again, go here if you're so passionate. Else wise, I'm done with you on this topic Gug. http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/169012-what-is-better-no-guns-or-more-guns/?view=getnewpost

I'd rather be a kitty with a gun than assaulted with out one. Then again, I've never been accused of being a kitty

Edited by Boyst62

As well as defending yourself with a gun when someone else's doesn't have one is also your opinion. Soooo.. you've got opinions. They're really special and all unique. But... you've turned it into a second amendment issue. You have the right to defend yourself with a gun in this country. Its a federal law and 46 States seem to be in agreement with this viewpoint.

Again, go here if you're so passionate. Else wise, I'm done with you on this topic Gug. http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/169012-what-is-better-no-guns-or-more-guns/?view=getnewpost

That's a good idea.

No one wants to head over to a NRA convention (PPP) to have a "balanced" discussion on gun laws

That's a good idea.

No one wants to head over to a NRA convention (PPP) to have a "balanced" discussion on gun laws

of course not because none of you can make a valid point on the subject to save your life.

If you could you'd have no problem. But of course you won't try. And that's sad.

Prayer for the victims of the gun viokence in Columbus with Tim Kaine, while you're at it

Edit. Seriously. You all protest PPP because its "not fair" but do nothing to try to change that. Don't participate. Don't nuffin

Its like those whining over trump who didn't even vote. And its a mockery that this type of liberal BS is tolerated on TSW when anything conservative is battled. Next you'll accuse me of racism, womanizing etc

Edited by Boyst62

I don't know where this got sidetracked but it wasn't a 2nd amendment conversation. The 2nd amendment gives people the right to bear arms, not the right to shoot someone in a road rage incident. That is superseded by murder charges.

FWIW, my fiancé used to work with Joe McKnight at a Wing Zone. She was a few years older and was actually his manager (it was right around Katrina). At any rate, she really liked him and most everyone that spent time with Joe said the same things. He was very well liked by teammates, coaches, and the media. This is a senseless act of violence and there is no other way to look at it.

First Will Smith and now this. I know we may only hear about these when it's a famous person but are road rage shootings common in Nola (or south in general)? Don't hear about these in Ohio.

I hope that you are being sarcastic? I'm sure that no one has ever been shot in Cleveland, Cincinnati, Columbus or Toledo?

"And since you seem unclear on the concept, that was sarcasm"-Sterling Archer.

I'd rather be a kitty with a gun than assaulted with out one. Then again, I've never been accused of being a kitty

Boyst62, do yourself a favor and go back to the PPP, you don't have to respond to our posts...nor do you have to try to insult anyone, that is one of the reasons I don't go to the PPP board, I have very valid points that I believe in, much like you believe in your points. But, going to the PPP board and trying to express them is much like trying to call into Rush or Hannity, the audience attacks you.

Actually, this whole post took a terribly wrong turn, I apologize for my part. A young man who did not deserve to die, is dead today.

I hope my city doesn't fall apart.

Boyst62, do yourself a favor and go back to the PPP, you don't have to respond to our posts...nor do you have to try to insult anyone, that is one of the reasons I don't go to the PPP board, I have very valid points that I believe in, much like you believe in your points. But, going to the PPP board and trying to express them is much like trying to call into Rush or Hannity, the audience attacks you.

Actually, this whole post took a terribly wrong turn, I apologize for my part. A young man who did not deserve to die, is dead today.

I hope my city doesn't fall apart.

Agreed and well said.

RIP Joe

I don't know where this got sidetracked but it wasn't a 2nd amendment conversation. The 2nd amendment gives people the right to bear arms, not the right to shoot someone in a road rage incident. That is superseded by murder charges.

FWIW, my fiancé used to work with Joe McKnight at a Wing Zone. She was a few years older and was actually his manager (it was right around Katrina). At any rate, she really liked him and most everyone that spent time with Joe said the same things. He was very well liked by teammates, coaches, and the media. This is a senseless act of violence and there is no other way to look at it.

Indeed.

Bill Cosby said something interesting about the Zimmerman matter that "appears" to apply here.

Cosby said that, if Zimmerman never had that gun, he probably never would have gotten out of his car to confront Martin and the incident never would have happened.

Here, according to the eyewitness:

"The woman said a man was yelling at the athlete, who looked like he was apologizing, when he pulled out a gun and shot McKnight multiple times. She said the shooter then stood over the fallen footballer and said, 'I told you don’t f–k with me' and fired one more time."

Having a gun gives certain people a sense of bravado that they would not otherwise have.

Again, whether you agree wholeheartedly with the NRA or do not, it is still an interesting point. The question sometimes is not whether you can do something (or have the right to do so), but whether you should.

The whole thing is senseless. A young man has lost his life (his family and friends have lost him) over something as trivial as a traffic incident and another guy not wanting to be "f-ked with."

I hope that you are being sarcastic? I'm sure that no one has ever been shot in Cleveland, Cincinnati, Columbus or Toledo?

"And since you seem unclear on the concept, that was sarcasm"-Sterling Archer.

as you can see from my post, I was referring specifically to road rage shootings. And as I said, I am sure that we hear about them more when it is a famous person. No, I dont hear about road rage shootings here.

Was it a car accident or just road rage? If it's road rage why the heck would JM be outside of his car apologizing? Just say sorry and drive off? I hope they get more details and if the guy was straddling JM and "finishing him off" then he needs to be locked up regardless of what lead to that point.

as you can see from my post, I was referring specifically to road rage shootings. And as I said, I am sure that we hear about them more when it is a famous person. No, I dont hear about road rage shootings here.

Then either you don't watch the news or know how to work Google.

Ashtabula, OH- 10/7/16

Solon, OH- 8/27/16

Tipp City, OH- 8/28/16

Clayton, OH-8/17/16

There is quite a list if you bother to look.