Rob Gronkowski Headed for Back Surgery - Season Over

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2016/12/patriots-tom-brady-stats-without-rob-gronkowski-not-good-ryan-fitzpatrick-went-to-Harvard

I didn't read the whole thread, sorry if this was posted already, but this is a hilarious article. Stats show that Brady is worse than Fitzpatrick without Gronk.

You can do anything with numbers, but I really enjoyed that!!!

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2016/12/patriots-tom-brady-stats-without-rob-gronkowski-not-good-ryan-fitzpatrick-went-to-Harvard

I didn't read the whole thread, sorry if this was posted already, but this is a hilarious article. Stats show that Brady is worse than Fitzpatrick without Gronk.

The hilarity lies mainly with Bart Scott saying the pats would move on from Gronk because he had surgery.

Scott may have the most severe case of CTE ever suffered by an NFL player.

Edited by Mr. WEO

You can do anything with numbers, but I really enjoyed that!!!

Given that you can and may do anything with numbers, we might as well use them against Tom Brady (in the very few circumstances where that is possible).

Edited by dayman

Given that you can and may do anything with numbers, we might as well use them against Tom Brady (in the very few circumstances where that is possible).

Exactly! Putting him on par with Fitz just gives me a warm feeling. :)

I do wonder about Gronk with all those back surgeries. He succeeds by winning collisions, for the most part. DB's bounce off, but the hits take a toll.

Exactly! Putting him on par with Fitz just gives me a warm feeling. :)

I do wonder about Gronk with all those back surgeries. He succeeds by winning collisions, for the most part. DB's bounce off, but the hits take a toll.

I would trade Clay for Gronk tomorrow--whatever that says as a response.

The hilarity lies mainly with Bart Scott saying the pats would move on from Gronk because he had surgery.

Scott may have the most severe case of CTE ever suffered by an NFL player.

Yes the relative cap advantage of cutting him this offseason versus his potential impact in even a few games is minimal.

They could move on from Martellus Bennett in part because of that contract though......he is a UFA.......and then when Gronk is inevitably back on the shelf next year they will be down to a rookie.

If I am Belichick I just tell Gronk to go ahead and get the two discs he HASN'T herniated fused up while they are in there and go full-Herman Munster in 2017 in the name of the Patriot way.

Guy is a warrior and produces unlike our " superstar wr". That's too bad never like to see players like him get hurt.

(unless it's Brady ) haha

Compare stats between the two...it's fine if you have an issue with Sammy's availability, but the claim that he doesn't produce is categorically wrong in every possible interpretation, and it makes you appear as though you're starting to approach crusade territory.

And that's unfortunate, because you're quite a fine poster the majority of the time.

at what point is this guys career in jeopardy? Isn't this is 3rd herniated disk surgery? Hard to have much of a life after football without a functioning back.

The long-term effects of disc herniation are largely dependent upon location and rehabilitation efforts.

At least that's what I've noticed from the power-lifters I know that have had them.