Rob Gronkowski Headed for Back Surgery - Season Over

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as much as we all dislike the patriots as our nemesis, he is one of those players that you want on your team, in fact all over the league, he makes the nfl a fun league to watch

I grudgingly agree. Somehow Gronk with his goofy just having fun style never grated on me like many of his teammates - and coaches - have. The playoffs lose something without him ....

I like Gronk. Seems to be decent kid who wants to enjoy his time in the league.

Unfortunately the playing style that makes him so good is contributing to his injuries and they can pile up pretty quickly.

I would think that with his salary and endorsements, party trips, etc, he could probably retire without too much trouble. At some point I think he'll consider if it's worth it to play one more year. The Patriots aren't sentimental at all and he'll get traded next year if it comes down to money.

First ballot? Doubtful. And if he did get into the Hall of Fame, it would be after Terrel Davis does. Again assuming his career is over.

I'm not sure he's even close to having had an HOF career - longevity counts and at this rate, he'll not check that box. Seems to be injury prone.

Love Gronk

Hate Everything else about the PATs

...I think a lot of ppl share this view which says a lot about the guy

Heard on the radio that the gronkowski family was pissed that Rob played last week and gave Vic the scoop.

Interesting if that's true...

is that really a big deal though? Like would we care if Sammy Watkins family got pissed that the Bill keep playing him?

First ballot? Doubtful. And if he did get into the Hall of Fame, it would be after Terrel Davis does. Again assuming his career is over.

First ballot is doubtful if he ended it right now but he's in. I don't want to post the numbers but his TDs and yards per receptions are elite and he's done it in only 88 games. If he goes on, and he should, he'll blow past most but won't catch Witten or Gonzalez who will likely go down as the GOATs.

Totally different than TD.

Davis was a high producer but the Denver offense turned every RB into an elite producer so TD really NEEDED to play a long time and put up a lot more numbers.

You can easily have a discussion about the top 10 RB's of all time and not come close to mentioning TD.

Not possible with Gronk.

When healthy he was clearly the most dominant TE of all time and he accumulated just enough to cement that kind of legacy.

Davis was a high producer but the Denver offense turned every RB into an elite producer so TD really NEEDED to play a long time and put up a lot more numbers.

You can easily have a discussion about the top 10 RB's of all time and not come close to mentioning TD.

Not possible with Gronk.

When healthy he was clearly the most dominant TE of all time and he accumulated just enough to cement that kind of legacy.

Absolutely no doubt 1st-ballot lock. Your last sentence says it all.

Not possible with Gronk.

Longevity is very important for HOF consideration. And not every Denver RB got 2,000 yards, won 2 SB's, or was SB MVP.

Longevity is very important for HOF consideration. And not every Denver RB got 2,000 yards, won 2 SB's, or was SB MVP.

I know, TD had an outstanding run but Jamal Lewis rushed for 2,000 yards once too.

The RB position is just LOADED with both producers and transcendent type performers and TD was kind of a workhorse that just didn't do enough work and that's why he's been waiting.

I think TD might get in the HOF as time passes and people maybe forget the cumulative "Oh" around the league when Denver and Gibbs cut blocking OL attack just kept putting up huge rush yardage when TD was gone.

When you are better than any other TE to ever play the game

4 time All Pro. He will be a 1st Ballot lock 5 years from when he hangs them up

Edited by MAJBobby

You realize that if he was a Bill there would be a contingency on this site calling him a bust because he is "injured all the time".

He is one of the worst Bills draft picks ever. He has caused the Bills to lose games with his antics. Whaley must go.