2016 NFL Man Games Lost Due to Injury

This does not take into account WHO was injured...big difference between missing your #1 WR, #2 WR, #3 WR, #1RB for some, #1 defensive player, first two draft picks and some roster fodder/special teams players

The only team off the top of my head that has had the quality players injured that we have and are still having some success is the Vikings, and they traded a number one pick for a QB to help fix their injury issues...

This does not take into account WHO was injured...big difference between missing your #1 WR, #2 WR, #3 WR, #1RB for some, #1 defensive player, first two draft picks and some roster fodder/special teams players

The only team off the top of my head that has had the quality players injured that we have and are still having some success is the Vikings, and they traded a number one pick for a QB to help fix their injury issues...

They actually do try to account for quality, bubble size

Pretty much my exact post from the other thread and spot on. Some arbitrary "bubble" does not truly reflect the quality of player missing....how does this bubble account for Lawson and Ragland who never got to play a down before being injured? Explain that to me please.

Pretty much my exact post from the other thread and spot on. Some arbitrary "bubble" does not truly reflect the quality of player missing....how does this bubble account for Lawson and Ragland who never got to play a down before being injured? Explain that to me please.

They need to do both quantitative and qualitative analysis very thoroughly to show the true effects of injuries. But this is better than nothing.

I JUST saw that Mark haha...great minds brother

They need to do both quantitative and qualitative analysis very thoroughly to show the true effects of injuries. But this is better than nothing.

I disagree, because it misdirects people to thinking that this is a true correlation (as evidenced by you starting this thread with it and it being posted in the other thread). Man games lost is a good stat because people understand it doesn't account for quality and it's just a number that is what it is. When you start pointing to things like this, it just creates more confusion and debate. I'd like to see man games missed by player with their PFF or something to make my own conclusions.

I disagree, because it misdirects people to thinking that this is a true correlation (as evidenced by you starting this thread with it and it being posted in the other thread). Man games lost is a good stat because people understand it doesn't account for quality and it's just a number that is what it is. When you start pointing to things like this, it just creates more confusion and debate. I'd like to see man games missed by player with their PFF or something to make my own conclusions.

It's not that hard to figure out what players are important to a team's success and PFF ratings are highly qualitative and they certainly are not the definitive answer to player effectiveness. We'll have to disagree here.

PFF is just as subjective and arbitrary.

Good idea - but even man games with their pff doesn't do it justice - how would you account for people who WOULD have had an impact (rookies/guys who were lost at the beginning of the year)

This. We've essentially lost the most important positions with exception of QB and our best players. The rash of injuries at WR is also unprecedented.

I kinda said something similar in another thread: its one thing to have injuries scattered about your roster and have various backups starting. Every team has that. Its another thing to have an entire unit decimated by injuries to the point where the backup's backups within that unit are injured too. Our WR corps is in shambles and the level of injury to that group is hard to recover from in the long run.

PFF is just as subjective and arbitrary.

I agree, but showing it with the player and the games missed would provide insight as to what makes up that "bubble" size, instead of just showing said bubble and taking it as a definitive result.