Recliner Suggestions

Dante

I've got a Lazy Boy in the den which is ok. We bought a second different model for my wife for the family room. We kinda bought it under the gun and it was the only one that matched our other furniture. I can't stand the chair as it's cheaply made. I'm thinking of getting another one for her for xmas. What brand is out there that is a better quality? I have seen some at Scandinavian Design that are beautiful but they are also 3-5 grand. Can't really spent THAT much right now but don't mind in the $2,000 range.

I've got a Lazy Boy in the den which is ok. We bought a second different model for my wife for the family room. We kinda bought it under the gun and it was the only one that matched our other furniture. I can't stand the chair as it's cheaply made. I'm thinking of getting another one for her for xmas. What brand is out there that is a better quality? I have seen some at Scandinavian Design that are beautiful but they are also 3-5 grand. Can't really spent THAT much right now but don't mind in the $2,000 range.

lazy boy? Make him get a job.

La z boy...?

Worked for them 3 yrs running their Pennsylvania House warehouse. I got some damn good stuff, probably $80-100k in furniture I've literally just stored for the future after buying it pennies on dollar. Quite a bit was free and I just had to fix it.

Nonetheless, shop around good. Furniture markup is yuge. The cost is generally less than 20% of the MSRP. I live in the cheapest place in the country for furniture is the Triad of NC. Mattresses, high end ones, sell for less than $300. Case goods (sofas, chairs, etc) sell for 1/3 of prices out of the area. Hardwood furniture is equally as cheap. If youre up for it, finding some time to visit several places like Furniture Land South near High Point or Rudy's furniture over near Asheville would get you a good deal. My area is called the furniture Capitol of the world. We even have giant dressers,chairs,etc noting it in many towns.

You'll likely not want to do that, which I understand. Lazboy has gone down hill in the last decade. They import a lot now with quality control down. Pennsylvania House was their high end line. Lazboy is generally considered their economy line, though it is their high end. pa house was sold off, dissolved. Kincaid is now their flagship. American drew is their middle of the line slightly higher than lazboy home.

Henredon was a lazboy company, very high end. Makes amazing stuff.

Furnitureland south has a decent website that may help you

I still work in furniture but for a components company. We actually supply parts, the very same parts, to companies which compete a 'diferent' product to each other with same hardware. I also worked for Thomasville Furniture before they closed down

Edited by Boyst62

I didn't realize Thomasville went out of business. We liked their stuff, just gave a room full to our son. It's old but stood the test of time well. So many companies got wiped out.

its still there but completely different. It is now owned by new group that bought it in liquidation. Heritage home group owns it. They'll succeed. The previous group was just awful, ran it in to the ground. Shares over $220 down 3 yrs to being delisted.

Do you have a Costco membership? They sell some pretty nice furniture at very reasonable prices. We recently bought a double recliner, dark brown leather, for about $700. Great piece of furniture.

My only advice is stay away from another Lazy Boy. I replaced my well-worn $350 recliner from BJs with a new Lazy Boy a little over a year ago. Never had a problem with that $350 recliner. The Lazy Boy that costs three times as much? It's had to be serviced three times and is sitting there broken as I type this. And the best part is each time I've had to get it serviced the soonest they can get out to fix it is two weeks. I told the customer service rep that maybe that says something about their quality if their service techs are so busy.