OT Where does one buy pepper spray/mace?

Apparently there is a serial rapist down here in the triad area of North Carolina where I live. It is really starting to scare the crap out of people. I am a slightly overwieght, tall, white guy, so I think I'm safe. For some reason though, an extremely attractive blonde girl has married me. I would like to pick some up for the little lady, for her piece of mind and mine, but I have no idea where. Anybody have any ideas? Any brands better than others? Thanx!

Apparently there is a serial rapist down here in the triad area of North Carolina where I live. It is really starting to scare the crap out of people. I am a slightly overwieght, tall, white guy, so I think I'm safe. For some reason though, an extremely attractive blonde girl has married me. I would like to pick some up for the little lady, for her piece of mind and mine, but I have no idea where. Anybody have any ideas? Any brands better than others? Thanx!

252974[/snapback]

http://cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/li...-results1.jhtml

I was looking for more of a store where I could go and buy it rather than online. I wanted to pick it up today. Thanks though.

Alaska Darin has a good idea there. Never thought of a gun store. I'll check it out.

I don't think he's gotten to the RTP area yet, all the attacks have been in Winston Salem and Greensboro. That being said, you can never be too careful. Just go to the local gun store. Whoever the guy is that is doing it, according to the News & Record has been getting more and more violent with each attack. I hope they catch that p.o.s. soon.

I was looking for more of a store where I could go and buy it rather than online. I wanted to pick it up today. Thanks though.

Alaska Darin has a good idea there. Never thought of a gun store. I'll check it out.

252990[/snapback]

The folks at the gun store will get you the best LEGAL product for your dollar. For the most part, they know their stuff. Buy a couple of bottles because you want to have her practice a little so she's comfortable using the thing.

WARNING: The stuff you're likely to buy is VERY potent and will make you a miserable MF'er if you accidentally screw up. Safety first.

I don't think he's gotten to the RTP area yet, all the attacks have been in Winston Salem and Greensboro. That being said, you can never be too careful. Just go to the local gun store.  Whoever the guy is that is doing it, according to the News & Record has been getting more and more violent with each attack.  I hope they catch that p.o.s. soon.

252992[/snapback]

I am actually a tweener. Live in Burlington. Not quite Raleigh, not quite G-boro.

The folks at the gun store will get you the best LEGAL product for your dollar.  For the most part, they know their stuff.  Buy a couple of bottles because you want to have her practice a little so she's comfortable using the thing.

WARNING:  The stuff you're likely to buy is VERY potent and will make you a miserable MF'er if you accidentally screw up.  Safety first.

252996[/snapback]

When I was in college I worked for a place that wholesaled HALT. It was marketed as a dog repellant spray. Needless to say we were f-ing around with a bottle of it and I came in indirect contact with the stuff. Messed me up. I couldn't even imagine a full blast to the head.