Ross Tucker:The best story in the NFL is going on in Buffalo

YoloinOhio

Bills' Alexander Making An Impact

USATSI_9612814_pgue2qf6_qu5cbdj7.jpg

Buffalo Bills linebacker Lorenzo Alexander has become the best story of the 2016 NFL season. (US Presswire)

http://www.sportsonearth.com/article/209848312/lorenzo-alexander-sacks-bills-best-story-nfl

The best story in the NFL this year, perhaps in many years, is going on in Buffalo, yet the vast majority of fans haven't even heard it. It's time to change that.

His name is Lorenzo Alexander and he is a 33-year-old outside linebacker for the Bills who is currently tied for second in the NFL in sacks behind only Von Miller with 10. That's incredible when you consider Alexander only had nine sacks in his entire 11-year career before signing a veteran minimum contract to play for Rex Ryan last offseason.

That in and of itself would be a great story, but that's not all of it. Not even close.

Edited by YoloinOhio

I wonder what % of people will see that and ask if he just might taking something stronger than Popeye's spinach? How did this happen? What has changed? I'm not saying that's the case at all (honestly), but I've become somewhat cynical over the years.... Maybe it's just me?

The same has been said of old some player in Pitt. 😁

The same has been said of old some player in Pitt.

Ha! You were quick! I posted, then deleted as I didn't want to turn a feel good story negative. But I DO think it's a legit question. One I ask frequently in baseball, but it applies all over sports.

Makes you wonder the line between bust and stud is often coaching and opportunity.

So true.

And luck

And he still needs to find longevity

I think fit. Many on here have chatted w NFL players both current and ex. They will all say the same thing. There is not a huge gap in talent from the best to the worse player.