Roster Moves: Dez Lewis Promoted, Logan Thomas Signed

26CornerBlitz

@ChrisBrownBills

. #Bills put Corbin Bryant & Walt Powell on I-R; Call up WR Dez Lewis & DT DeAndre Coleman to 53-man roster. More at http://Buffalobills.com

@SalSports

I can confirm through an organizational source that the Bills have signed TE (former QB) Logan Thomas. First reported by @PSchrags

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@PSchrags

Sources: Bills signing Logan Thomas off DET practice squad. Inspired by T. Pryor's move to WR, BUF sees a potential TE. @NFLonFOX @gmfb

@JoeBuscaglia

Joe Buscaglia Retweeted Peter Schrager

Quite intriguing. That gives the #Bills their third tight end on the roster. Likely takes the roster spot of the suspended Henderson

@PSchrags

Sources: Bills signing Logan Thomas off DET practice squad. Inspired by T. Pryor's move to WR, BUF sees a potential TE. @NFLonFOX @gmfb

@JoeBuscaglia

Quite intriguing. That gives the #Bills their third tight end on the roster. Likely takes the roster spot of the suspended Henderson

LOL another VT QB

@PSchrags

@JoeBuscaglia

And there is the other move, and an interesting one at that.

@PSchrags

@JoeBuscaglia

I like the move.

@PSchrags

@JoeBuscaglia

I smell a trick play coming. What's his hard count like?

Oh god, one of the worst QBs I've ever watched but, boy he could sling it.

Not anywhere close to the target, mind you :)

Surprises me that this is an active roster move. Seems like more of an offseason thing.

@Cianaf

Cian Fahey Retweeted Peter Schrager

Good luck replicating what Pryor has done. Suspect he'll be the exception rather than the rule.

@mikerodak

The Bills have signed TE and former QB Logan Thomas off the Lions' practice squad, a source told ESPN NFL... http://es.pn/2fIQX2j

Oh god, one of the worst QBs I've ever watched but, boy he could sling it.

Not anywhere close to the target, mind you :)

@thadbrown7

If you want to see new #Bills TE Logan Thomas (reportedly) throw 81-yard TD pass as Cardinals QB.... click on this.

https://t.co/SNVpYl9GcF

Surprises me that this is an active roster move. Seems like more of an offseason thing.

@Cianaf

Cian Fahey Retweeted Peter Schrager

Good luck replicating what Pryor has done. Suspect he'll be the exception rather than the rule.

Others have made the switch not many. But some

Others have made the switch not many. But some

To say Thomas will be a project at tight end is an understatement.

"I know nothing," he said when talking about learning the position with Detroit. "They put a good plan together for the rest of the season, and going into the offseason. I'll go to a training facility and take it a step further there. And hopefully by the spring, I'll have a pretty decent grasp. And then I'll do the best I can rolling into next year."

The Bills are hoping Thomas can make a transition similar to that of Terrelle Pryor. The former Ohio State quarterback has moved to wide receiver, and this season has 62 catches for 855 yards and four touchdowns.

@JaySkurski

[bN] Blitz: Report: #Bills sign quarterback-turned-tight end Logan Thomas from Lions: https://t.co/eeBz4lNl6x

I can't see how Thomas will be active on gamedays with him being so new to the position.

@MatthewFairburn

Here's what you should know about new Buffalo Bills tight end Logan Thomas: http://trib.al/YXous4j

@SalSports

Not sure how much time Dez Lewis will see on the field, but Bills can now have a Justin Hunter/Lewis red zone combo if they want to go tall.

@SalSports

I can confirm through an organizational source that the Bills have signed TE (former QB) Logan Thomas. First reported by @PSchrags