Pat Williams

has stated that he loves it here in Buffalo and wants to stay.

My question is--- then why do they ask for all the money( that breaks the bank and ruins the cap). If they want to play then have them step up and accept a lower salary.

My question is--- then why do they ask for all the money( that breaks the bank and ruins the cap).  If they want to play then have them step up and accept a lower salary.

252963[/snapback]

Actions speak louder than words. I'm sure many of his teamates are scratching their heads too.

If you took his agent out of the equation I bet he stays for about 3M a year. His agent will find him more than that, but is it worth it to him? I don't know, only Big Pat can answer that. Agents have a way of doing that. You can't begrudge him for taking more money but it depends how much. 2-3 million total over 3-4 years is about 1-1.5 million after taxes, agent fees etc... Is that worth moving the family and away from a team you like to play for and has a real chance to do some great things. If it is like 10-12 million more that is different.

This is also his last opportunity to sign a long-term contract. After this, he'll probably retire... and who knows what can happen with sudden injuries, etc...

It's totally reasonable for him to want to stay in Buffalo, yet at the same time try and be well compensated. He won't be earning a paycheck past the age of 40, so of course he has to look out for himself!

My question is--- then why do they ask for all the money( that breaks the bank and ruins the cap).  If they want to play then have them step up and accept a lower salary.

252963[/snapback]