Last play of the Ravens-Bengals game

Ravens up by 7, fourth down, 11 seconds left.

The Ravens had to punt, but they did not want the Bengals to get the ball back, and they did not want to have a punt blocked.

So, they committed NINE holding penalties on the last play of the game, pretty much assaulting every Bengals player for 11 seconds, when then allowed for time to run out.

And since the Ravens were on "offense", the game is allowed to end on an offensive penalty.

LOL watch what happens at the line once the ball is snapped:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baCeMpAZIgI

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Situational football awareness wins games. :thumbsup:

It does, but puts players at danger. I have the same view on this play as I do on leaping over the line.

Let's say you have an aggressive, half crazed defender who fights through a hold and then totally levels the kicker. He knows the flags are already on the ground for the offense, and the game is over, sort of. But because the game can't end on a defensive foul, situational football requires him to commit a defensive foul. What better penalty to take than to take out the punter?

It does, but puts players at danger. I have the same view on this play as I do on leaping over the line.

Let's say you have an aggressive, half crazed defender who fights through a hold and then totally levels the kicker. He knows the flags are already on the ground for the offense, and the game is over, sort of. But because the game can't end on a defensive foul, situational football requires him to commit a defensive foul. What better penalty to take than to take out the punter?

Sounds like you should be working for Billicheat!

Sounds like you should be working for Billicheat!

I'm simply illustrating the domino effect that can lead to more injuries by teams crossing the lines of fair play and into dirty pool.

What's with this bizarre, half-baked implication that the Ravens weren't really on offense?

It's not just you GBID - I've seen multiple places report this play in the weird context of "Because it was fourth down, and the last play of the game, and the Ravens were in the lead, and were trying to protect the lead, and had the punt unit on the field, they were on defense." As though actual possession of the ball isn't a thing any more.

And since the Ravens were on "offense", the game is allowed to end on an offensive penalty.

EJ was supposed to take a delay of game penalty.

Sure, of course. They take all the delay of game penalties they want because they can't get the plays called on time, but the one time they're SUPPOSED to take a delay of game penalty, they manage to call the goddamn time out.

I'm not even sure if you're right or not. But wouldn't it just !@#$ing figure for this team...

I'm simply illustrating the domino effect that can lead to more injuries by teams crossing the lines of fair play and into dirty pool.

And I agree. I think all teams should take attitude when playing P*ts that they are going to do whatever they need to win even if it is outside of rules or fair play so they should as well. Hopefully a team will not sign such a deranged player that he decides to stomp on Br*dy's throwing hand but if it happens It is not like it could not be predicted.

And I agree. I think all teams should take attitude when playing P*ts that they are going to do whatever they need to win even if it is outside of rules or fair play so they should as well. Hopefully a team will not sign such a deranged player that he decides to stomp on Br*dy's throwing hand but if it happens It is not like it could not be predicted.

Huh? There is a HUGE difference between holding and intentionally hurting a player. YOUR SLIPPERY SLOPE isn't even workable as the game would continue and give the team a first down and a chance to win it. Leave it to bills fans (one of the most penalized teams the last 2 years) to come up with this scenario.