The Election Recount

Tiberius

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because the left is only interested in creating enduring issues to deflect the attention of voters away from debt and budgets, national security, a stagnant economy, health care costs and illegal immigration.

The right is also joining into the call to look into the Russian hacking. You know that right? Or doesn't that fit your narrative?

Try being an American instead of a party hack.

Good. He's the next president. That ship sailed. The hacking is the issue, not the count.

No, the issue is election security.

I'm sure something like a nationwide voter ID, available only to citizens, and paper ballots with audit trails would by an hilariously unintended consequence of the losing party trying to cast doubts on the election.

Hell, they've already provoked Michigan into it, after the abortive recount uncovered "unexpected" (to those not paying attention) shenanigans in Democrat-controlled precincts.

The right is also joining into the call to look into the Russian hacking. You know that right? Or doesn't that fit your narrative?

I agree the hacking should be investigated, especially the hacking of actual government email and other government data. This which is not being widely reported is where government officials should be investing the majority of the effort rather than personal yahoo/hotmail/gmail accounts or private enterprises such as the DNC.

The right is also joining into the call to look into the Russian hacking. You know that right?

What's there to look into? You've been saying for days that the evidence is clear and abundant and already universally agreed upon by the entire intelligence community and congress. :lol:

Try thinking for yourself instead of blindly following your party's talking points.

It seems like only yesterday that Hillary was telling us that not accepting the results of the election would have dire consequences for this country.

Try thinking for yourself instead of blindly following your party's talking points.

Which party? The two major ones are aligning that this is a serious issue now in need of deeper inquiry.

It took a while for the right to come to this but they finally let their heads prevail (not Trump but many others).

What's there to look into? You've been saying for days that the evidence is clear and abundant and already universally agreed upon by the entire intelligence community and congress. :lol:

Your straw man tastes delicious with a side of Bilderburg.

Good. He's the next president. That ship sailed. The hacking is the issue, not the count.

Have you looked at the title of this thread? KTF was merely pointing out that the dems were practicing their normal hypocrisy while dev linked to the Wisconsin results of the recount in the recount thread. You know, your style of posting makes you come off as a sanctimonious prick. Do you really want to be seen that way?

I agree the hacking should be investigated, especially the hacking of actual government email and other government data. This which is not being widely reported is where government officials should be investing the majority of the effort rather than personal yahoo/hotmail/gmail accounts or private enterprises such as the DNC.

so you're willing to turn a blind eye on something that was clearly illegal to look in to something which seems to have no merit? And, disirregardless of such likelihoods when it is found that our own government agencies reached in to such databases, then what?

Lol. The Russians are coming !

wolverines!

as ralonzo pointed out this is all a play by Republicans smart enough to win it. Its magilicutty jonesing to get support for a voter ID which the dumbass democrats are walking right in to...

They're getting worked and they're all marks to stupid yo realize it

so you're willing to turn a blind eye on something that was clearly illegal to look in to something which seems to have no merit? And, disirregardless of such likelihoods when it is found that our own government agencies reached in to such databases, then what?

No I'm saying that federal government efforts to prevent hacking should prioritize protecting actual government data. That doesn't mean ignoring enforcement of laws protecting private enterprises, but private enterprises are responsible for securing their own data. Prevention is what's lacking.

Edited by keepthefaith

Which party? The two major ones are aligning that this is a serious issue now in need of deeper inquiry.

It took a while for the right to come to this but they finally let their heads prevail (not Trump but many others).

Again, you've been saying for the past week and change the investigation was completed, the entirety of the US intelligence community supported the conclusions based on solid evidence and the Russians 100% undercut our elections.

If that's the case, why are both the right and left asking to look further into anything?

Could it be because your original position was complete and total BS as I've been pointing out to you for the same time?

Your straw man tastes delicious with a side of Bilderburg.

Using your own words to shred your own intellectual argument isn't a strawman.

That's just logic.

You have been steadfastly standing by your position while insulting anyone who pointed out you were basing it on erroneous information. Now that that's clear to you, you've shifted the goalposts.

Well done. A more honest person would just admit they were wrong.

Again, you've been saying for the past week and change the investigation was completed, the entirety of the US intelligence community supported the conclusions based on solid evidence and the Russians 100% undercut our elections.

Well done. A more honest person would just admit they were wrong.

Even more scrumptious strawmen.

wolverines!

as ralonzo pointed out this is all a play by Republicans smart enough to win it. Its magilicutty jonesing to get support for a voter ID which the dumbass democrats are walking right in to...

They're getting worked and they're all marks to stupid yo realize it

English weeps.

Even more scrumptious strawmen.

You keep using that word, I'm not sure it means what you think it means.

Did you or did you not take the position that the US intelligence community agreed the Russians undercut the elections? Did you or did you not take the position that such a conclusion was shared by the entirety of said community and most of Congress?

I ask again, if any of the above was true, why is there a push to investigate further? You've been crowing it's already completed.

...See, that's what happens when you blindly follow your party without bothering to think critically for yourself. You end up looking like an **** who has no defense left but to throw out "strawman" and hope that sticks.

Be better than you're being. Be smarter.

Just to recap:

Public statements by intel agencies are not anonymous.

The failure by the CIA on Iraq is well documented. But what was worse there was the fact that there were not mass firings of those who !@#$ed up.

But what's happening here is that you now think so little of our intelligence and Congressmen versed in the intel on both sides that you put your even more baseless opinion ahead of the USIC's statement that the hack was by Russian intel directed from the highest levels of its government. Your skepticism of that is based on ______. Yeah, jack squat.

And if you doubt that a result like that pleases Putin, he's got a beautiful plot of Carribean beachfront in Siberia to sell you too.

And yet, the only statements that have come out from CIA sources are anonymous and backed without fact. Even the DHS/DNI reports aren't based on fact as they admit.

But... I know, strawman.

The pres elect is making up dance routines with Putin after Russian intel hacked emails in order to derail our democratic process and you want people to pay attention to this?

Hamilton. Flag-burning.

Squirrel.

To you, this has been confirmed fact since at least 12/02...

But now you are saying a call for an investigation is vindication of your position. Which, of course, is idiotic.

Guess I'm funny this way: I don't want a state actor hacking private emails and publishing one-side of those emails in order to affect our democratic process. That's my point. It's really that simple.

Most here seem to take the tack that Russia did us a favor and we shouldn't be upset. Obama and Trump seem to be reading the electorate right and are OK treating Russia jerking around in our election as no big deal.

I give a rat's ass who the person was who got wiped out in the hacking. It would have been wrong if it was Trump, Clinton, or Jill Stein who got targeted by Russian intelligence. Does anyone think there aren't a bazillions crappy emails floating around the Trump campaign? Of course there are. But we didn't see them.

4mer--I appreciate all the thought in your post. Let me ask you this: Do you question the USIC statement that it's confident Russian intelligence, directed by its highest levels, did the hacking and release of the data?

I agree with a lot of what you said, but to me, as I've said a lot of times, I find it troubling that a state actor hacked people on one side with an interest to monkey in our democratic process.

And of course it exposed a corrupt and bogus Hillary/DNC. Shocker. There was a huge value in that being exposed in terms of making our country stronger but it's totally beside the point I keep making.

Anyone who understands how the community works would question that statement and did.

The only one who didn't was you, who took it to be a joint consensus from the entire intel community and tried to pass it off as such when it clearly was not.

That's called being played or being dishonest. Take your pick.

You missed that the US Intel community said Russian Intelligence was the source of the election email hack, and I'm an idiot for not providing a link?

Do you want me to source out a link for who won the election too?

Try to have a dialog on the election hack. Respond with a baseless personal attack. Well played Chef well played.

It did? Where? When?

Right... The US Intel "community" never made that claim. Ever. Not even DHS and DNI made that definitive claim in their press release.

Doesn't bother you. OK. This would have been news at one time. Curious that the Republicans don't mind that a foreign nation tried to undermine our democratic process and the Dems only mind because they lost. Neither side cares about the foreign actor and instead both parties just continue to feast on each other.

And Putin laughs.

Back to things that matter: What did Trump grab today?

Curious you don't need facts to make such a definitive statement. You just need to trust your feelings I guess and your limited understanding of how the intel community actually functions...

So how do you rate your level of concern that Russia hacked into our election and released emails, against one side, in an effort to affect our democratic process?

You like the educational aspect of Mother Russia teaching us a lesson, I get that. But how about the aspect that another country intentionally tried to disrupt our democracy and our current and next president are seemingly not addressing it. Nor is the media. Nor is Congress.

If Rusia hacked into the stock market and executed a few billion in trades, is that OK? Released people's medical data, that OK? Hacked visa accounts and gave them to friends of Russia, that OK? Just trying to gauge where this goes from "really bad" to "really, really bad" for you.

I've posted "Putin laughs" in the last few weeks and I mean it. Watching the US, typified by this board, media, and our leaders, chase our balls whining about Trump's Twitter after Russia intentionally tried to (I have no idea if it ulitmately had an effect) affect the election, must make him so happy.

Does a dialog about cybersecurity and global state actors vs individual/small actors meddling in the election bother you?

It clearly bothers you unless the conversation is one sided with a conclusion that politically agrees with you. I was trying to have conversations with you, trying to show you that you're making absolute statements with absolutely zero evidence supporting it. Instead you called me names and moved the goalposts.

But I know... Strawman. :lol:

I barely talk to you for a reason. But please keep posting.

Russia hacked into people with intent to do something to our election. Many here said the most important thing was the content not the hack. Some mock the thought of a Russian boogeyman.

Now people are coming around to thinking that maybe the hack itself matters. Just because the USIC issued a statement that Russia hacked doesn't mean this is over. Russia hacked. How far? What else? What can be done to stop it? How do we respond? (Looking at you Trump.)

Those steps require inquiry and response. Good they are happening.

Or, as you surmise, we're all pawns. I know you're working up the new conspiracy narrative now that Clinton lost. Must be about ready by now.

I barely talk to you for a reason.

Yes, because you can't stand up to a real discussion when it challenges your political view of the world.

That's called living in a bubble.

Russia hacked into people with intent to do something to our election. an be done to stop it? .

This is unproven and so far seems to be false. The Russians did not "hack" anything election related. At worst they are the source of the wiki leaks docs but even that is highly doubtful.

I'm not, and never have been, arguing there shouldn't be an investigation. I've just been pointing out you're reaching a conclusion before doing the investigation.

That's why your position is so silly.

I think we all know the DNC 27 year old kid Seth Rich who was murdered at 3:00 AM on the streets of Washington, DC was the leaker.

Were the Rooskies involved? Perhaps. Perhaps the Clintonistas hired them to rub him out. :ph34r: It fits their M. O.