The Election Recount

Tiberius

Yup. But that doesn't fit the left's new narrative.

Again it's STUNNING to see the positions the left are arguing now. The same party that led the charge that the intelligence services lied their way into Iraq and illegally tortured their way across the ME is now calling anyone who questions anonymous CIA sources with zero evidence to back up their claims as being Russian stooges. The same party that called for a reset and laughed Romney out of the race are now seeing FSB agents under every bed and in every closet in America. The same liberal strongholds that were nearly decimated by McCarthyism just a few decades ago (so much so only half the audience applauded Elia Kazan's Oscar win a few years back) are now ginning up neo-McCarthyism on a massive scale and pushing for blacklists and censorship -- which is fundamentally opposed to everything liberalism has fought to achieve since the Enlightenment.

We're in bizarro world.

12/10

An Intelligence Agency Is Interfering In US Politics And It Ain’t Russian

Yesterday, the CIA allegedly determined that Russia had intervened in the US election to the deliberate benefit of Donald Trump.

This is a serious allegation and one, that if true, should result in very public and painful consequences for Russia. But, if it was a serious report it wouldn’t be made public. In fact, if you want a definitive example of an intelligence agency meddling in our domestic politics, you need look no further than this report.

Please note, the evidence presented is a “consensus view” presented by administration officials. This means two things. First, there is no direct evidence of the claim (see global warming, consensus view) but rather they are making the claim base on their interpretation of a fact pattern. Second, the people making the claim are the political appointees in the agencies.

{snip}

This “consensus view” is a political shot at Trump. Period. If it was a serious report, there would be a grand jury convened and “administration officials” wouldn’t be talking about it, and using it as fodder for the Sunday talk shows. It is designed to discredit his election (roll this together with the current orgiastic frenzy directed at “fake news” which also allegedly won the election for Trump). The Democrats did the same thing with George Bush throughout his administration over the Florida Recount. The CIA is owned no deference from anyone and using their “brand” to rough up their new boss is about as unprofessional an act as it is possible for an agency to engage in. Trump is exactly right to give them the “consensus view” on their performance (I’d differ with Trump on the WMD issue, but could easily substitute everything from 9/11, to the decade long hunt for bin Laden, to the rise of ISIS by way of examples). And he should remember this and not let the CIA forget it.

What the CIA has helpfully done, though, is warn Trump and Pompeo that they are the enemy and that the agency will screw them every change it gets. It did exactly the same thing when Bush sent Porter Goss in to try to pump that cesspool.

More at the link: http://www.redstate.com/streiff/2016/12/10/intelligence-agency-us-politics-not-russian/

12/11

Why Is The CIA Deliberately Assisting Russian Propaganda Efforts?

I touched on this in a post yesterday, but today the Washington Post has a story titled FBI and CIA give differing accounts to lawmakers on Russia’s motives in 2016 hacks.

Let’s unpack this for a just a second. According to everyone involved there is no actual evidence of direct Kremlin involvement in the hacks or that the hacks had the specific goal of helping Trump. This is not disputing that it COULD be true, only to note that both sides say that there is no evidence. The FBI limits its comments to what it knows. The CIA, however, goes into a flight of fancy that seems to have exactly one objective: discrediting the results of the 2016 election and creating a myth that Trump as elected by Russian influence.

Now let’s go back to the days right before the election and see what national security people were saying about the Russian — here I mean originated in Russia, not necessarily directed by the KGB (or whatever they are calling it this week) and the GRU.

Research: Russia seeks to discredit, not hack election results

Whoever wins the American presidential election, Russia comes out ahead

Cyberwar: Growing worries about Russia hacking, disrupting the U.S. election

US election: The Russia factor

This is the theme you see over and over and over. The Russian objective is to discredit the US electoral process. They might prefer Trump or they may be like tens of millions of Americans and simply oppose Hillary. The electoral result, however, is completely secondary to the main objective which is attack the public’s faith in the electoral process.

Now ask yourself, how better to accomplish that goal that to make totally unsupported allegations that the Russians interfered in our election and implying that the president was elected by their interference? Who is the real tool of the Kremlin here?

http://www.redstate.com/streiff/2016/12/11/cia-deliberately-assisting-russian-propaganda-efforts/

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Public statements by intel agencies are not anonymous.

Yes, they are when they aren't accompanied with names, sources, and hard data. "Sources within the CIA think" is not hard evidence.

The failure by the CIA on Iraq is well documented. But what was worse there was the fact that there were not mass firings of those who !@#$ed up.

Or at the Times and Washington Post -- both of whom mindlessly backed up the erroneous CIA claims at the time.

Like they're both doing now.

Neither staffs were fired. But since this narrative is to your liking, you don't mind it. Even though there's zero evidence offered and you're completely ignoring the actual issue at hand: our intelligence agencies are warring with each other.

But what's happening here is that you now think so little of our intelligence and Congressmen versed in the intel on both sides that you put your even more baseless opinion ahead of the USIC's statement that the hack was by Russian intel directed from the highest levels of its government. Your skepticism of that is based on ______. Yeah, jack squat.

No, what's happening is I'm using my discernment, common sense, and eyes to read the actual evidence being proffered. To call it paper thin would be kind.

And if you think I think "so little" of the intelligence community then you haven't been paying attention to what I'm saying or where my opinions are coming from. I've spent the last month and a half spending time with people within that community -- including congressmen, officers, and civilian contractors.

You have zero understanding of what those sorts of people are saying behind closed doors. If you did, you'd understand that you're being used.

And if you doubt that a result like that pleases Putin, he's got a beautiful plot of Carribean beachfront in Siberia to sell you too.

Again, liberals pushing neo-McCarthyism without a hint of irony or shame is one of the more depressing things to come out of this election cycle.

Anyone who dares to question the narrative being pushed by a compromised and embattled State Department is a Putin stooge. Got it, Joe. Gotta hunt for that big red dog hiding in everyone's yard.

The 1950s want their foreign policy back.

In Iraq, I'm sure you recall all the Republicans here defending the intelligence community saying "There were WMDs there, Saddam just hid/destroyed them so the war is justified."

Flip meet flop.

The Russian issue trumps both parties but neither party will rise above the rhetoric.

The right said the same thing, "WMD trumps both parties". And here you are using it as a Trump card. :lol:

Flip meet flop.

You're not a liberal. You're not a progressive. You're pushing for fascist solutions to potentially invented problems because you are upset the election didn't break your team's way. That's not being a patriot. That's being a drone.

Be better than a drone. Think for yourself.

12/10

An Intelligence Agency Is Interfering In US Politics And It Ain’t Russian

Yesterday, the CIA allegedly determined that Russia had intervened in the US election to the deliberate benefit of Donald Trump.

This is a serious allegation and one, that if true, should result in very public and painful consequences for Russia. But, if it was a serious report it wouldn’t be made public. In fact, if you want a definitive example of an intelligence agency meddling in our domestic politics, you need look no further than this report.

Please note, the evidence presented is a “consensus view” presented by administration officials. This means two things. First, there is no direct evidence of the claim (see global warming, consensus view) but rather they are making the claim base on their interpretation of a fact pattern. Second, the people making the claim are the political appointees in the agencies.

{snip}

This “consensus view” is a political shot at Trump. Period. If it was a serious report, there would be a grand jury convened and “administration officials” wouldn’t be talking about it, and using it as fodder for the Sunday talk shows. It is designed to discredit his election (roll this together with the current orgiastic frenzy directed at “fake news” which also allegedly won the election for Trump). The Democrats did the same thing with George Bush throughout his administration over the Florida Recount. The CIA is owned no deference from anyone and using their “brand” to rough up their new boss is about as unprofessional an act as it is possible for an agency to engage in. Trump is exactly right to give them the “consensus view” on their performance (I’d differ with Trump on the WMD issue, but could easily substitute everything from 9/11, to the decade long hunt for bin Laden, to the rise of ISIS by way of examples). And he should remember this and not let the CIA forget it.

What the CIA has helpfully done, though, is warn Trump and Pompeo that they are the enemy and that the agency will screw them every change it gets. It did exactly the same thing when Bush sent Porter Goss in to try to pump that cesspool.

More at the link: http://www.redstate.com/streiff/2016/12/10/intelligence-agency-us-politics-not-russian/

12/11

Why Is The CIA Deliberately Assisting Russian Propaganda Efforts?

I touched on this in a post yesterday, but today the Washington Post has a story titled FBI and CIA give differing accounts to lawmakers on Russia’s motives in 2016 hacks.

Let’s unpack this for a just a second. According to everyone involved there is no actual evidence of direct Kremlin involvement in the hacks or that the hacks had the specific goal of helping Trump. This is not disputing that it COULD be true, only to note that both sides say that there is no evidence. The FBI limits its comments to what it knows. The CIA, however, goes into a flight of fancy that seems to have exactly one objective: discrediting the results of the 2016 election and creating a myth that Trump as elected by Russian influence.

Now let’s go back to the days right before the election and see what national security people were saying about the Russian — here I mean originated in Russia, not necessarily directed by the KGB (or whatever they are calling it this week) and the GRU.

Research: Russia seeks to discredit, not hack election results

Whoever wins the American presidential election, Russia comes out ahead

Cyberwar: Growing worries about Russia hacking, disrupting the U.S. election

US election: The Russia factor

This is the theme you see over and over and over. The Russian objective is to discredit the US electoral process. They might prefer Trump or they may be like tens of millions of Americans and simply oppose Hillary. The electoral result, however, is completely secondary to the main objective which is attack the public’s faith in the electoral process.

Now ask yourself, how better to accomplish that goal that to make totally unsupported allegations that the Russians interfered in our election and implying that the president was elected by their interference? Who is the real tool of the Kremlin here?

http://www.redstate.com/streiff/2016/12/11/cia-deliberately-assisting-russian-propaganda-efforts/

Wait - so you say there is zero evidence the Russians hacked anything...then you say for the remainder of the post that if they did...they only did it to discredit the process.....?

You must make Pretzels for a living....

Wait - so you say there is zero evidence the Russians hacked anything...then you say for the remainder of the post that if they did...they only did it to discredit the process.....?

China, North Korean, Russia, and our five eye allies have all hacked the US government over the past 8 years.

That we're attacked each and every day isn't news. That there's been a cyber war going on for at least 6 years between China and the US isn't news.

What is news is trying to pin the entirety of our nation's cyber security failures on Putin's desire to see Trump in office. It just ain't true.

You're an idiot.

Created by DC Tom-bot, beta version 0.1.

You must make Pretzels for a living...

Please.....................re-read what you wrote and (for once) realize that lack of logic in your response.

really.................try it.

Yes, they are when they aren't accompanied with names, sources, and hard data. "Sources within the CIA think" is not hard evidence.

I don't take you and your tin hat seriously but try out your first statement. The USIC issued the statement on Russian hacking, and US Congressmen privy to the intel are asking for investigation too. I forget the group you say is behind all everything in the US...not Illuminati...but whatever it is, we know you've got it all figured out.

I question my government plenty. But when the US intel community issues a statement jointly, I take it seriously. People here who "know better" are not a reliable source.

And I'm not talking about the Post story. I don't need to.

Edited by Benjamin Franklin

I don't take you and your tin hat seriously but try out your first statement. The USIC issued the statement on Russian hacking, and US Congressmen privy to the intel are asking for investigation too. I forget the group you say is behind all everything in the US...not Illuminati...but whatever it is, we know you've got it all figured out.

I question my government plenty. But when the US intel community issues a statement jointly, I take it seriously. People here who "know better" are not a reliable source.

And I'm not talking about the Post story. I don't need to.

You're free to lump me in any group you wish, but I'm not an illuminati guy. I'm a guy who deals with actual evidence and first hand testimony, a guy who's got multiple degrees in history and has spent over a decade and a half in a career that prioritizes research, networking, and outside the box thinking. Completely coincidentally I've been knee deep in one-on-one interviews with the men and women of the various US intelligence agencies discussing this very issue for the past month and a half. Hearing first hand from people who are actually doing this work.

So when you proffer complete bullshite as fact in this topic, you're going to get dinged by me.

You keep saying that US intel community issued a joint statement on this matter -- that is FALSE. Only DHS and the DNI -- neither of whom can speak for all 17 intelligence agencies unilaterally -- made any such statement. I've linked you sources before which make this clear, and you ignore it. It's also painstakingly clear to anyone who's been paying attention that the intelligence apparatus of the country has been warring with itself since at least July so you declaring they're in lockstep agreement on that conclusion is just flat out inaccurate and proves you either know nothing about how the intelligence agencies in this country function and don't care to educate yourself, or you want to stay in that increasingly fascist leftist bubble because it's more comforting than facing the truth.

None of this is me saying I'm against investigating whether or not Russia influenced the election in illegal ways. What I am against are neo-McCarthites with absolutely no sense of history or current events blindly following the propaganda being pushed by the left.

You should be ashamed if you consider yourself a liberal to be taking the positions you're taking. Or you should try opening up a history book or two and seeing how this whole dog and pony show played out last time it was deployed.

So we've successfully overthrown elected governments in Nicaragua, Iran, tried to at least a dozen times to do it in Cuba, were successful in Lybia, and Egypt, we're trying our damnedest to do it in Syria, and B. O. tried his damnedest to overthrow Bibi Netanyahu in Israel by interfering with his reelection, as well as stuck his nose in the Brexit vote. We cyber spy on all countries - friend and foe. And even IF... IF the Rooskies snatched the emails from Donna Brazille's underwear where she probably hid them a-la Sandy Berger and gave them to Wikipeeps, we're going to get out panties in a wad because we're so !@#$ing pure?

Adam Schiff sounds a lot like BF... pushing the UNSUBSTANTIATED talking points. Hey, it's what progressives do.

http://youtu.be/TqKkWFYL7FY

9189283.jpg

:D

So we've successfully overthrown elected governments in Nicaragua, Iran, tried to at least a dozen times to do it in Cuba, were successful in Lybia, and Egypt, we're trying our damnedest to do it in Syria, and B. O. tried his damnedest to overthrow Bibi Netanyahu in Israel by interfering with his reelection, as well as stuck his nose in the Brexit vote. We cyber spy on all countries - friend and foe. And even IF... IF the Rooskies snatched the emails from Donna Brazille's underwear where she probably hid them a-la Sandy Berger and gave them to Wikipeeps, we're going to get out panties in a wad because we're so !@#$ing pure?

Adam Schiff sounds a lot like BF... pushing the UNSUBSTANTIATED talking points. Hey, it's what progressives do.

Schiff has been an embarrassment on this issue. He's even worse in person.

The neoliberals and neocons have been itching for war with Russia since 2012. They would have gotten it with HRC's no fly zones in Syria, now they're on to plan b.

Honestly the human race needs to war every so often. It lowers the population and it is the only way humans know.

Honestly the human race needs to war every so often. It lowers the population and it is the only way humans know.

Really, though, we need a couple of good plagues more.

But if you listen to the people like Krugman and the rest of the "Democracy is too important to be left to the people" crowd, the Trumpocalypse is going to be just as bad.

DAVID HARSANYI: The 5 Stages Of Losing An Election To Donald Trump.

Though many things have changed in American political life over the past couple of years, one aspect remains a comforting constant: Democrats never lose an election. Not really. Not fairly.

Comey did it.

Voting machines.

The Constitution screwed us, again.

Fake news!

The Russians are coming.

{snip}

“Of course, there will always be overarching theories about why Republicans win elections – like assuming half the country are racist. The Left is so enveloped by its identity politics, it may not understand that the other half of the country is sick of it.

But, while I’m no fan of Donald Trump, Democrats have been demanding I panic over every cabinet pick, every statement and the things that are 1) the sort of things that were completely ok with them during the Obama administration and 2) the types of things that any mainstream Republican would engage in.

Now, I’m not in the business of concern trolling, but before we shift to yet another conspiracy theory, it might behoove Democrats to look inward to explain their historic losses since the passage of Obamacare in 2010.”

The meltdown really has been epic.

Much more at the link.............

ADDED:

hackershuma.jpg

Edited by B-Man

DAVID HARSANYI: The 5 Stages Of Losing An Election To Donald Trump.

Though many things have changed in American political life over the past couple of years, one aspect remains a comforting constant: Democrats never lose an election. Not really. Not fairly.

Comey did it.

Voting machines.

The Constitution screwed us, again.

Fake news!

The Russians are coming.

{snip}

“Of course, there will always be overarching theories about why Republicans win elections – like assuming half the country are racist. The Left is so enveloped by its identity politics, it may not understand that the other half of the country is sick of it.

But, while I’m no fan of Donald Trump, Democrats have been demanding I panic over every cabinet pick, every statement and the things that are 1) the sort of things that were completely ok with them during the Obama administration and 2) the types of things that any mainstream Republican would engage in.

Now, I’m not in the business of concern trolling, but before we shift to yet another conspiracy theory, it might behoove Democrats to look inward to explain their historic losses since the passage of Obamacare in 2010.”

The meltdown really has been epic.

Much more at the link.............

ADDED:

hackershuma.jpg

lol dilbert ftw

I don't get why we don't get Denmark to use their anti troll software and find these Russians.

Because the left is only interested in creating enduring issues to deflect the attention of voters away from debt and budgets, national security, a stagnant economy, health care costs and illegal immigration.