The Election Recount

Tiberius

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It might be helpful if you provided a link. It's like you came to a dinner party and didn't at least bring a bottle of wine for the host.

I apologize, I assumed that since you were posting here you all had access to the internet.

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/12/08/homeland-security-tied-to-attempted-hack-of-georgias-election-database-report.html

Based on his posting record I think we'd all be better if he just left his choice of wine and home.

I didn't even know I had a record.

Edited by wnyguy

I apologize, I assumed that since you were posting here you all had access to the internet.

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/12/08/homeland-security-tied-to-attempted-hack-of-georgias-election-database-report.html

I didn't even know I had a record.

It is customary to link to your speculation. I don't have the time or desire to try to prove your declarations.

In a move reminiscent of the Clinton White House staffers removing the "W" keys from their computers before leaving and shutting the doors behind them, President B. O. orders the CIA to investigate Russia's tampering with the US Presidential election. The petulant President has to taint Trump's win as much as possible because his minions are such sore losers they are desperate to have a belief in something that "explains" why Hillary lost. Progressiveism is a mental disease.

In a move reminiscent of the Clinton White House staffers removing the "W" keys from their computers before leaving and shutting the doors behind them, President B. O. orders the CIA to investigate Russia's tampering with the US Presidential election. The petulant President has to taint Trump's win as much as possible because his minions are such sore losers they are desperate to have a belief in something that "explains" why Hillary lost. Progressiveism is a mental disease.

The fact that Republican Congressmen and US intelligence agree that Russia hacked with intent to affect the election have nothing to do with this?

Trump won. No issues there. Russia hacked. Big issue there. Trump can win AND we can look into this serious issue.

Or you can keep pissing and moaning pointing to "the other side" if it makes you feel better.

Edited by Benjamin Franklin

No pizzin' & moanin' here squire. Just saying it's typical of B. O. and the Dems to try by any means necessary to tarnish the crown that they lost.

I'm all for finding out - really, really finding out who hacked who. Let's include our own hacking into foreign governments and political parties while we're at it. Let's include the efforts by B. O. to get Bibi defeated. Oh, do lets.

To me, the big deal isn't that hacking was done. It's the content that was revealed that did damage to the Dems. Shall we get Jimmy Carter's grandson indicted while we're at it too? He's the turd that surreptitiously taped Romney's now famous "47% don't pay taxes and won't vote for us, so forget about them." Hell, the Dems nearly gave him a medal of honor for revealing that. And I'd argue that it did a shi t load more damage to Romney's campaign than what was revealed in Podesta's and the DNC emails did to Hillarity Clinton's.

Probably an even bigger deal than that is that those azzwipes didn't have good security on their emails to begin with. That goes to the heart of Hillarity's incompetence WRT handling government secrets, and her being fundamentally unfit to be POTUS. Progressives are mental.

And while we're at it, let's nominate a guy in Putin's pocket for SoS. And let's have the president-elect attack the intelligence establishment to start undermining its credibility. Putin's done laughing--he's chocking on glee at this point. Americans question their election. Trump is nominating its friends to the highest positions. Trump publicly questions the CIA's integrity!

You love that a foreign government hacked into private Americans and then took their property to influence an election to their will. And you feel good about it because it shows Dems are liars and you'd like our own government secrets exposed too. U-S-A, U-S-A!

The Rosenburgs got caught a few decades too early.

You're really slow to recognize how dangerous Russia is. I hope Trump reverses the tide here and goes with Mitt. He might be the only person with a bead on the real enemy in the entire Trump administration.

Edited by Benjamin Franklin

And while we're at it, let's nominate a guy in Putin's pocket for SoS. And let's have the president-elect attack the intelligence establishment to start undermining its credibility. Putin's done laughing--he's chocking on glee at this point. Americans question their election. Trump is nominating its friends to the highest positions. Trump publicly questions the CIA's integrity!

You love that a foreign government hacked into private Americans and then took their property to influence an election to their will. And you feel good about it because it shows Dems are liars and you'd like our own government secrets exposed too. U-S-A, U-S-A!

The Rosenburgs got caught a few decades too early.

You're really slow to recognize how dangerous Russia is. I hope Trump reverses the tide here and goes with Mitt. He might be the only person with a bead on the real enemy in the entire Trump administration.

I haven't formed an opinion yet, but one thing I'll point out is that there might not be anyone on the planet more well versed in negotiating with the Russians, or with a more intimate understanding of their energy policy or economy.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

And while we're at it, let's nominate a guy in Putin's pocket for SoS. And let's have the president-elect attack the intelligence establishment to start undermining its credibility.

:lol: Holy revisionist history, Franklin.

The intelligence community is at war with itself currently -- largely egged on by the bitter taste left in the mouths of many intelligence officers after HRC's term as SecState. Trump didn't start that scuffle.

Both the right and left took shots at the FBI at various points in this election cycle. Both the right and left took shots at CIA at various points in this election cycle. The MSM has followed suit.

You're truly lost if you think Trump's tweets are the "start" of the undermining of the intelligence services' credibility.

I haven't formed an opinion yet, but one thing I'll point out is that there might not be anyone on the planet more well versed in negotiating with the Russians, or with a more intimate understanding of their energy policy or economy.

Yup.

:lol: Holy revisionist history, Franklin.

The intelligence community is at war with itself currently -- largely egged on by the bitter taste left in the mouths of many intelligence officers after HRC's term as SecState. Trump didn't start that scuffle.

Both the right and left took shots at the FBI at various points in this election cycle. Both the right and left took shots at CIA at various points in this election cycle. The MSM has followed suit.

You're truly lost if you think Trump's tweets are the "start" of the undermining of the intelligence services' credibility.

Yup.

****, any credibility any of them might claim is very simply obliterated with the question "Found any WMDs in Iraq yet?"

****, any credibility any of them might claim is very simply obliterated with the question "Found any WMDs in Iraq yet?"

Yup. But that doesn't fit the left's new narrative.

Again it's STUNNING to see the positions the left are arguing now. The same party that led the charge that the intelligence services lied their way into Iraq and illegally tortured their way across the ME is now calling anyone who questions anonymous CIA sources with zero evidence to back up their claims as being Russian stooges. The same party that called for a reset and laughed Romney out of the race are now seeing FSB agents under every bed and in every closet in America. The same liberal strongholds that were nearly decimated by McCarthyism just a few decades ago (so much so only half the audience applauded Elia Kazan's Oscar win a few years back) are now ginning up neo-McCarthyism on a massive scale and pushing for blacklists and censorship -- which is fundamentally opposed to everything liberalism has fought to achieve since the Enlightenment.

We're in bizarro world.

Edited by Deranged Rhino

Yup. But that doesn't fit the left's new narrative.

Again it's STUNNING to see the positions the left are arguing now. The same party that led the charge that the intelligence services lied their way into Iraq and illegally tortured their way across the ME is now calling anyone who questions anonymous CIA sources with evidence to back up their claims as being Russian stooges. The same party that called for a reset and laughed Romney out of the race are now seeing FSB agents under every bed and in every closet in America. The same liberal strongholds that were nearly decimated by McCarthyism just a few decades ago (so much so only half the audience applauded Elia Kazan's Oscar win a few years back) are now ginning up neo-McCarthyism on a massive scale and pushing for blacklists and censorship -- which is fundamentally opposed to everything liberalism has fought to achieve since the Enlightenment.

We're in bizarro world.

Literally, "We've always been at war with EastAsia."

Public statements by intel agencies are not anonymous.

The failure by the CIA on Iraq is well documented. But what was worse there was the fact that there were not mass firings of those who !@#$ed up.

But what's happening here is that you now think so little of our intelligence and Congressmen versed in the intel on both sides that you put your even more baseless opinion ahead of the USIC's statement that the hack was by Russian intel directed from the highest levels of its government. Your skepticism of that is based on ______. Yeah, jack squat.

And if you doubt that a result like that pleases Putin, he's got a beautiful plot of Carribean beachfront in Siberia to sell you too.

In Iraq, I'm sure you recall all the Republicans here defending the intelligence community saying "There were WMDs there, Saddam just hid/destroyed them so the war is justified."

Flip meet flop.

The Russian issue trumps both parties but neither party will rise above the rhetoric.

Public statements by intel agencies are not anonymous.

The failure by the CIA on Iraq is well documented. But what was worse there was the fact that there were not mass firings of those who !@#$ed up.

But what's happening here is that you now think so little of our intelligence and Congressmen versed in the intel on both sides that you put your even more baseless opinion ahead of the USIC's statement that the hack was by Russian intel directed from the highest levels of its government. Your skepticism of that is based on ______. Yeah, jack squat.

And if you doubt that a result like that pleases Putin, he's got a beautiful plot of Carribean beachfront in Siberia to sell you too.

Who do you think is easier for the CIA to blame: Russia or the FBI?