The Election Recount

Tiberius

Trump's wild claims are the ravings of a madman.

First, it's an abject lie. There is no evidence that "millions" of votes were made illegally. The future president is making wild, conspiratorial claims without the slightest concern about whether those claims have any relation to the truth whatsoever. I imagine him employing this same tactic as president when it comes to matters of national security, where lives are at stake, and it gives me a very queasy feeling.

Second, the Clinton camp is trying to get a recount in several states. The man who WON has now JUSTIFIED those recounts by claiming that millions of votes were illegitimate. By his own words, a national recount of every vote must be conducted. That's according to Trump himself. The guy who won. The guy who won just questioned the legitimacy of his own win.

And why? Because of his pride. Even though he won, he can't stomach the idea that fewer people voted for him than Clinton. So, just to service his damned vanity, he undermined his own win and called into question the authenticity of a voting process that just resulted in him becoming president.

We are in for four years of this crap, folks. And I'm not going to play along. I refuse. Trump is wrong here. He's lying. He's being a prideful, reckless idiot and he deserves to be raked over the coals for it. And those who defend him on this deserve to be criticized right along with him.

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trump one-upped the idiocy when he engaged on this topic.

He certainly did the predictable. But in doing so, he continues to tweak the press and they can't help but respond in the usual fashion that proves their bias and energizes his supporters. The story lines today aren't the superficial challenge by Stein, but Trump's funny claim that millions voted illegally.

It will be a fun 4 years.

If we are going to have a thread about the Left's latest obsession..........I guess I will repost this from the other thread.

RECOUNT FREAKOUT

If you’re a liberal, anything is better than admitting that you lost. So now, just weeks after cautioning Donald Trump’s supporters that they had better accept the results of the election (unlike the Democrats in 2000 and 2004), Democrats led by Jill Stein are demanding recounts in Wisconsin, Michigan and Pennsylvania. Left-wingers have donated millions of dollars, and the Hillary Clinton campaign has announced that it will participate in Stein’s recount efforts.

The presidential election wasn’t particularly close:

Trump won, 322-232. Still, if you convert Wisconsin, Michigan and Pennsylvania to Hillary Clinton victories, she would edge Trump out, 278 to 276. That is obviously the basis on which those states were chosen. However, there is zero chance that a recount will change the result in any of those states, let alone all of them. Trump won Wisconsin by more than 20,000 votes, Michigan by 10,704 votes, and Pennsylvania by more than 70,000 votes.

Lots of luck with those recounts.

Jill Stein claims that she isn’t trying to favor one presidential candidate over the other, but only wants to assure a fair process. That is nonsense. The states she and other liberal activists have chosen to challenge are not those where the race was closest. How about New Hampshire, which Hillary Clinton won by around 2,700 votes? Or Nevada, which she won by a little over 26,000? Even Minnesota was a whole lot closer than Pennsylvania; with its notoriously lax ballot security, Minnesota could be fertile territory for questioning election results.

Liberals know they aren’t going to overturn the result of the election through recounts, they just want to undermine Trump’s victory by making vague allegations of irregularities, “hacking,” and so on, which will circulate in the fever swamp for the next four years. It is, in other words, just another attempt by liberals to undermine our democracy.

First, it's an abject lie. There is no evidence that "millions" of votes were made illegally. The future president is making wild, conspiratorial claims without the slightest concern about whether those claims have any relation to the truth whatsoever. I imagine him employing this same tactic as president when it comes to matters of national security, where lives are at stake, and it gives me a very queasy feeling.

Second, the Clinton camp is trying to get a recount in several states. The man who WON has now JUSTIFIED those recounts by claiming that millions of votes were illegitimate. By his own words, a national recount of every vote must be conducted. That's according to Trump himself. The guy who won. The guy who won just questioned the legitimacy of his own win.

And why? Because of his pride. Even though he won, he can't stomach the idea that fewer people voted for him than Clinton. So, just to service his damned vanity, he undermined his own win and called into question the authenticity of a voting process that just resulted in him becoming president.

We are in for four years of this crap, folks. And I'm not going to play along. I refuse. Trump is wrong here. He's lying. He's being a prideful, reckless idiot and he deserves to be raked over the coals for it. And those who defend him on this deserve to be criticized right along with him.

Actually is not an abject lie as there have many reports of illegal immigrants being registered to vote and some states like california even facilitating their voter registration. These are voters who have registered over a period of years and not just leading up to this election. His statement is probably much truer than the statement about voter hacking in WI, MI and other close states.

And welcome back. It's gonna be a frickin riot reading your posts during a Trump presidency along with R majorities in the house, senate and all across this great land known as the United States of America.

To Trump supporters, if he says it, it's true. Dear Leader is infallible to you guys.

As for the GOP dominance, have fun running the country, it's a lot harder than sitting and complaining. I agree it will be fun watching the incompetents trying to accomplish things

You'll stomach it, because you're too goddamn dumb to challenge it.

To Trump supporters, if he says it, it's true. Dear Leader is infallible to you guys.

As for the GOP dominance, have fun running the country, it's a lot harder than sitting and complaining. I agree it will be fun watching the incompetents trying to accomplish things

Except most people don't like or support the orange menace.

Try harder.

The explanation from the Clinton camp is that they don’t expect the results to be reversed – they’re just going along with Stein’s effort to reassure the public! :lol:

Except most people don't like or support the orange menace.

Try harder.

Doesn't matter. In gatorworld, no matter how insipid, shallow, or patently false the criticism of the Candied Yam in Chief, disagreeing with it will make you a 'Trump supporter,' and hence a Nazi hatemonger.

"Trump is a reptoid who drinks the blood of virgin sacrifices!"

"That's ridiculous."

"So you support killing all the Muslims, Hispanics, and gays? Go take your hate speech somewhere else!"

Yes. The Dems have done such a good job accomplishing things that voters have shown them the door with more still likely headed to the exits in the next couple years.

Yes. The Dems have done such a good job accomplishing things that voters have shown them the door with more still likely headed to the exits in the next couple years.

I'm sure Trump will sure make the GOP brand gold standard. You realize he is insane, right?

I'm sure Trump will sure make the GOP brand gold standard. You realize he is insane, right?

Well, we're all pretty sure that you're one slip on a banana peel or the drop of another Quaalude from being committed. :o:ph34r:

This recount happy horseshit is just a furtherance of the Dems efforts to delegitimize Trump's victory in the eyes of the "Progressive" fawns who can't believe that the hunter actually killed Bambi's mother.

The original premise of this article is flawed, but it's ending conclusion isn't.

I read somewhere that Wisconsin isn't sure they will have the recount done by the time the Electoral College convenes

Considering the timing if all the, 3 weeks after the election, I think that is the point.

PA, WI, and MI might not finish the recount in time to certify the results, dropping Trump under 270 EV. Which would then send the election to the House, who is of course controlled by the GOP.

Thus questioning the legitimacy of Trump's entire Presidency on the grounds that he achieved neither an Electoral nor Popular vote victory and was made President by Congressional Republicans.