Nike "Masks" Commercial

Puhonix

This has been kicking my butt for days now, everytime I see it, I recognize the Baseball players : Mariano Rivera, Pujols, and Torii Hunter. But the football players, I'm shady on: Roethlisburger, Urlacher, and.... ?

urlacher got screwed

everyone else gets a cool mask

and he has to wear a birdcage on his head

252941[/snapback]

I thought that was one of the better masks... it's that dumb scorpion thing Mariano wears that gets me.

Man, I have to be the only person around who thinks that is the most ridiculous ad Nike has ever produced. There is just so much more they could do, but they just seem to want to appeal to the youngest common denominator. That's okay, I suspect, if kids were the only ones to wear athletic attire.

Man, I have to be the only person around who thinks that is the most ridiculous ad Nike has ever produced. There is just so much more they could do, but they just seem to want to appeal to the youngest common denominator. That's okay, I suspect, if kids were the only ones to wear athletic attire.

253070[/snapback]

Duuuuude, that commercial was sweet! Awesome! It was da bomb!!

Nope, youre not the only one!

253070[/snapback]

253070[/snapback]

Don't forget the lunkhead parents that buy that stuff for the little terrorists in the first place...

Don't forget the lunkhead parents that buy that stuff for the little terrorists in the first place...

253092[/snapback]

Truth is, their workout gear is pretty awesome. Clearly not just a name on a piece of apparel. On the otherhand, I'm not going to spend $80 on a pair of running pants, or $39 for workout shirt. It's absolutely not worth it to me. But it is to others, and that's how they got to be Nike, I guess.

Truth is, their workout gear is pretty awesome. Clearly not just a name on a piece of apparel. On the otherhand, I'm not going to spend $80 on a pair of running pants, or $39 for workout shirt. It's absolutely not worth it to me. But it is to others, and that's how they got to be Nike, I guess.

253098[/snapback]

And considering it probably cost them about a buck to make either, it makes Nike one of the best investments in all the land.

253098[/snapback]

I'm surprised someone hasn't cooked up the "Barnum" brand and promoted it to the "gotta have" level. The buyers would never figure it out. :flirt:

workout shirt

253098[/snapback]

Hello, I am a man. When I workout, I wear an old t-shirt. Thank you. If you think that there is some kind of cutting edge technology to your skimpy shiny little black skin-tight mini-shirt that makes you workout better, then, well... I just don't know what to say to you...

Hello, I am a man.  When I workout, I wear an old t-shirt.  Thank you. If you think that there is some kind of cutting edge technology to your skimpy shiny little black skin-tight mini-shirt that makes you workout better, then, well... I just don't know what to say to you...

253155[/snapback]

i agree...if i'm going to sweat like crazy when working out, i don't want to do it into a pair of $100 sweatpants...(i visited a friend in manhattan and while out, she had to stop by some place in soho to buy a pair of sweatpants that cost a hundred bucks... :w00t: )