Jordan Mills on Khalil Mack...God help us...

Big Turk

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

first of all Mack is unreal what a player

handled Watt last year....they will have a plan

still with a talented team raiders have given up

35-32-34-31-27-26-24 and haven't played a killer schedule

This is what is confusing about the Raiders defense.

They have talent, but they sure give up a lot of points.

We think Mills is a turnstile? Just watch the Chiefs/Broncos game. #74 for Denver is brutal, shouldn't even be on the field. Huston for KC is running around him like he is nothing but a road cone.

Yes. At some point the OC for Denver has to do something to help the RT. I hope our coaching staff will not try to leave Mills on an island with Mack.

By many accounts, TT doesn't read the whole field anyways, has a tendency to prematurely run with the ball and still takes the unnecessary big hits he shouldnt. I see what you mean but it's not like we're rolling out Peyton Manning

Many accounts of tsw posters...

Mills is the kind of player that you pick up and plug in during the season in desperation if you have a rash of injuries, knowing full well that someone much better has to replace him the next year when you've got more time to make a move.. Yet another Whaley blunder.

I don't think Whaley had a lot of confidence in Mills. I think he just failed in finding a better FA. No GM ever builds the team he wants. Sometimes there are cap issues. Sometimes you just get outbid. Sometimes the team before you picks the guy you had targeted in the draft.

I do hope though that DW makes this a bigger priority next year. It'd be too painful to see him in the starting lineup another year.

Btw, is it my imagination or does Mills hold a lot? I'm not an All-22 guy and never rewatch games. But watching live it seems that Mills holds on an unusually high percentage of plays to compensate for his lack of skill. Mostly he doesn't get flagged and when he does, it's just the price we have to pay for having Mills in there. If you told him not to hold, he'd be even more of a turnstile.

Edited by hondo in seattle

first of all Mack is unreal what a player

handled Watt last year....they will have a plan

still with a talented team raiders have given up

35-32-34-31-27-26-24 and haven't played a killer schedule

True, but can our D keep the Raiders from scoring over 21 points. Unlikely. And our offense is inconsistent. TT is terrible. Give McCoy the ball 30 times and throw to Watkins at least 10. Only way we win.

When the Bills moved up to draft Sammie Watkins, Khalil Mack was still on the board.

Would you trade Watkins for Mack, straight up?

At this point, I'd say no. The Bills have invested several other high draft picks in the LB position, and they've lucked out with Lorax and Zach Brown and Hughes. But, suppose they'd taken Mack when they had the chance, and made a different set of decisions later.

The question is, who's a better player, Watkins or Mack?