Sports related question here...

Good question; I have often wondered the same thing myself.

And what's with those intern applicants? A couple of them are funny, but most are just blatant, unoriginal rip-offs of Simmons himself; using phrases like "prominently involved" - give me a break. I mean, I know I occasionally copy his style too, but I'm not auditioning to work for him.

His email is a closely guarded secret, but you can send a question from this page.

He responded to one of my questions in his mailbag column a couple of years ago. I sent a link to his last intern and got a quick response, but it was never used. For those interested, go to IMdB and look up an actress named Kate Mara. Click on her biography and note who wrote it. The chick WROTE HER OWN IMDB BIOGRAPHY. The intern said that she needed to be called on it, but he never got around to it.

His email is a closely guarded secret, but you can send a question from this page.

He responded to one of my questions in his mailbag column a couple of years ago.  I sent a link to his last intern and got a quick response, but it was never used.  For those interested, go to IMdB and look up an actress named Kate Mara.  Click on her biography and note who wrote it.  The chick WROTE HER OWN IMDB BIOGRAPHY.  The intern said that she needed to be called on it, but he never got around to it.

253053[/snapback]

Brilliant! Thanks man. This will serve my purposes just fine.

That guy is to sports what Ashley Simpson is to singing.

253057[/snapback]

That's ridiculous...

Even if you don't like his pop-culture stuff, the guy knows as much sports as the Peter Kings of the world.

He predicted the Patriots to be a good candidate for a "Ewing Theory" team because of Bledsoe before the start of the 2001 season. That actually kinda freaked me out.

That's ridiculous...

Even if you don't like his pop-culture stuff, the guy knows as much sports as the Peter Kings of the world.

He predicted the Patriots to be a good candidate for a "Ewing Theory" team because of Bledsoe before the start of the 2001 season. That actually kinda freaked me out.

That's all his stuff is, a bunch of repetitious babbling about American pop culture. If he actually knows something about sports, he should try writing about it sometimes.

As for his Patriots prediction, color me unimpressed that a guy predicted his favorite football team was going to be good. Hell, I watched Brady for two weeks and knew he was lightyears ahead of Bledsoe but that doesn't mean I know what the hell I'm talking about.

Or something like that.

That's all his stuff is, a bunch of repetitious babbling about American pop culture. If he actually knows something about sports, he should try writing about it sometimes.

As for his Patriots prediction, color me unimpressed that a guy predicted his favorite football team was going to be good. Hell, I watched Brady for two weeks and knew he was lightyears ahead of Bledsoe but that doesn't mean I know what the hell I'm talking about.

Or something like that.

253122[/snapback]

Based on his constant ribbing of Danny Ainge (Celtics GM) he certainly doesn't make a habit of homer predictions when his team is coming off a bad year.

To each his own I guess.

I don't know how Bill gets as many emails as he does when you can't find it anyplace on the site. Anybody know it by chance?

PS- Google turns up nothing but an aol email from 5 years ago.

252887[/snapback]

if you go on Page2 front page (not the Simmons page) at the bottom there is a small "to email a question to the sports guy" link.