Kyle Williams: How do you eat an elephant?One bite at a time

Captain_Quint

http://buffalonews.com/2016/11/25/11-years-nfl-career-kyle-williams-continues-defy-outside-expectations/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Good interview by Tim Graham.

One of my favorite all time Bills.

"There's a lot more involved in this game you can't measure than what you can. That's what makes players great. What gives guys longevity are the things they can't put their finger on or put their stopwatch to."

Edited by Captain_Quint

But I will say my preparation there has evolved. Yeah, you look at formations. But I look at I don't know how many different things. I have bullet points. I look at every player. I look at down-and-distance. O-linemen in general have a propensity to tip what they're doing. Is it his feet? Is it his hands? If I pick up on one, I will look at play after play after play. If that checks out, now I have a tendency. Now I can go into formations and down-and-distance. "Boom, yep!" And it goes from there.

I try to share what I see with the other guys or teach guys what to look for. Not all guys are going to take and use it. Not all guys are going to want to spend that much time on it. But I enjoy the process of breaking down tendencies. I enjoy coming in on Wednesdays, when we go over the coaches' breakdowns on tendencies and formations to learn, when I get in there, how much of this stuff do I already know? I enjoy stuff like that.

This is why he's so good.

Kyle is right there with John Madden on TNF as I suspect most players are.

I don't like Thursday night games. I don't think anybody does. Do away with those. The quality of football is no good. You put people at risk physically by playing two games in five days.

Just because you're trying to grab a share of the market on a different day of the week ... You're already on Sunday and Monday. To go after Thursday, it's just not good for the players, and it's not a good brand of football on Thursday nights.

What a great article. What a great player. Probably the funniest part of the article as it pertains to this forum:

During the 2010 season, you became a darling among football analytics people. A ProFootballFocus.com analyst graded you the third-best player in the league that year behind only Aaron Rodgers and Justin Smith. So that put you ahead of Tom Brady and ...

I don't even know what that means, to be honest with you. How do they know how to grade me if they don't even known what I'm supposed to be doing?

You're asking the wrong guy.

If you don't know what my assignment is or what the O-line's trying to do, I mean ... Good Lord, especially in this defense. I don't know how anybody would know how to begin to grade this defense if they didn't know exactly what our job is on a certain play. We have some interesting jobs in this defense that I've never been asked to do in other ones. So to grade that on some kind of scale? I don't know how they could do that.

I have a similar feeling about those who use the All-22 film to ...

What's All-22?

LMAO. Well said KW.

What a great article. What a great player. Probably the funniest part of the article as it pertains to this forum:

During the 2010 season, you became a darling among football analytics people. A ProFootballFocus.com analyst graded you the third-best player in the league that year behind only Aaron Rodgers and Justin Smith. So that put you ahead of Tom Brady and ...

I don't even know what that means, to be honest with you. How do they know how to grade me if they don't even known what I'm supposed to be doing?

You're asking the wrong guy.

If you don't know what my assignment is or what the O-line's trying to do, I mean ... Good Lord, especially in this defense. I don't know how anybody would know how to begin to grade this defense if they didn't know exactly what our job is on a certain play. We have some interesting jobs in this defense that I've never been asked to do in other ones. So to grade that on some kind of scale? I don't know how they could do that.

I have a similar feeling about those who use the All-22 film to ...

What's All-22?

LMAO. Well said KW.

Luv this guy, always have.

http://buffalonews.com/2016/11/25/11-years-nfl-career-kyle-williams-continues-defy-outside-expectations/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

"There's a lot more involved in this game you can't measure than what you can. That's what makes players great. What gives guys longevity are the things they can't put their finger on or put their stopwatch to."

Thank you.

Considering the author it is. I hope Kyle has gas left in the tank after this season. Unless he would become a cap casualty I think he has plenty.

He epitomizes what I want my Buffalo Bills to be. And maybe inspires me personally a bit. yes. I think that is true.

Awesome article. Love how Kyle refuses to answer questions about what he'll do after playing football. He's all about football now. For anyone just relying on posted quotes, you are missing out. Read the article. There is a lot more there.

Edited by Rockinon

Love me some Kyle Williams! My son lives in Louisianna and works for UPS. He just put an offer in on a house in Baton Rouge. We talk about Kyle several times a week an he would love to run into him some day. Matter of fact one of the drivers is good friends with someone who happens to be good friends with Kyle. He got his friend to get a football signed by Kyle for my son who in turn is giving it to me. KW is by far my favorite current Bill and is one of my top 2 or 3 favorite all time Bill. Go Bills!

:worthy::worthy:

Love me some Kyle Williams! My son lives in Louisianna and works for UPS. He just put an offer in on a house in Baton Rouge. We talk about Kyle several times a week an he would love to run into him some day. Matter of fact one of the drivers is good friends with someone who happens to be good friends with Kyle. He got his friend to get a football signed by Kyle for my son who in turn is giving it to me. KW is by far my favorite current Bill and is one of my top 2 or 3 favorite all time Bill. Go Bills!

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

He epitomizes what I want my Buffalo Bills to be. And maybe inspires me personally a bit. yes. I think that is true.

Can he play QB?