Seantrel Henderson suspended another 10 games

YoloinOhio

You never had wacky tabacky old man? Its good for ya once in a lifetime at least. Gives your mind a different perspective on a lot of things. The friends of mine who have battled cancer says it helps with mood, pain. and appetite as well. Ill tell you it helps with mood, anxiety, stress, and gives ya a more introspective thought pattern. You think the big pharm companies wouldnt have a problem with a budding wacky tobacky industry, without a monopolized patent on it, taking a cut of the medical treatment pie? This is why its legalization process is in so much red tape.

funny. A few of my friends with cancer said it does little to nothing but just get them high.

I mean, what's my friend with stage 4 brain cancer know about **** when she has a PhD in pharmaceutical science and studied àt md Anderson and Hopkins. ...yeah, lots of experts have opinions, huh? The great irony is she specialized in oncology

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Go back and read virtually all of WEO's diatribe or are you just too lazy or stupid?

That it does not exist as a primary or secondary treatment for Crohns? That's just a medical fact.

Something tells me this whole topic went over your head. The discussion has never been about possible benefits. Only accepted treatments.

That it does not exist as a primary or secondary treatment for Crohns? That's just a medical fact.

Something tells me this whole topic went over your head. The discussion has never been about possible benefits. Only accepted treatments.

Only accepted by whom? The State of New York seems to think there is some validity to the possible benefits as must some doctors. So maybe the idea that there are alternatives is way over your head.

I recall at the time he said he didn't want to appeal as it would just drag things on. He'd rather serve the 4 games and move on he stated at the time

I'd agree this would be a good lawsuit. He's lucky he plays for Buffalo within the state of NY as was pointed out NY recognizes pot as a viable thing to use for this illness so that's in his favor.

Yes he signed an NFL contract that stated he can't smoke, but laws do trump the NFL So don't think this is a simple he has no leg to stand on because the NFL said no.

Henderson opted not even to appeal last time

I recall at the time he said he didn't want to appeal as it would just drag things on. He'd rather serve the 4 games and move on he stated at the time

I'd agree this would be a good lawsuit. He's lucky he plays for Buffalo within the state of NY as was pointed out NY recognizes pot as a viable thing to use for this illness so that's in his favor.

Yes he signed an NFL contract that stated he can't smoke, but laws do trump the NFL So don't think this is a simple he has no leg to stand on because the NFL said no.

Speeding things up isn't all that important if you were still smoking

Only accepted by whom? The State of New York seems to think there is some validity to the possible benefits as must some doctors. So maybe the idea that there are alternatives is way over your head.

Possible benefits are much different from a standard of care. Like I said. You're out of your element.

Of course, he was a knucklehead because he knew the rules. Should have tried to work with the NFLPA and taken alternative medication or treatments until the issue was resolved. If it was really bad and marijuana was all that he could use to relieve the pain then I guess he could have retired.

That said, are the results of the currently available and highly effective alternative approach Seantrel and other NFL players with pain management issues can use: http://www.espn.com/espn/eticket/story?page=110128/PainkillersCurrentUse Better, huh? Used to be up there with concussions as another of the NFL's second dirtiest secrets (sadly, I'm sure it's still going on due to the nature of the game and the unavoidable need for relief from the pain).

For chronic pain patients, and current and retired NFL players have a substantially higher rate than the general public by far, the federal government (and NFL) provides them with no viable options to relieve their pain than to take the highly addictive and destructive synthetic heroin called opiate pain medication (and Crohn's is up there with conditions that cause chronic pain--I had a relative with Crohn's who had to have a morphine pain pump implanted in her).

Until we had to live life with chronic pain, we could never empathize with people who do (and by that I mean pain 24/7 for months and years). No one knows the extent of his pain but if his pain was medically documented at a high level for a long time and he tried other treatments that failed or were more dangerous, then I'm sympathetic to his plight. From what I've read, I don't think he was using his Crohn's as an excuse to smoke some weed.

Souldn't be illegal for medical purposes but it is and Sentreal knew the consequences. Now here we are. NFLPA needs to make this a big issue during next negotiations. But were we stand right now he broke the rules knowing full well the consequences to him and more importantly the team. I am sympathetic to his illness but disappointed in his thinking he was above the rules regardless of how dumb they are.

I predict the NFL will stop testing for marijuana in the next 5 years. It's becoming legal in more and more states and it's a much safer dosage than more dangerous addictive opiates that are prescribed legally. Brett Favre was addicted to legal pain pills. How is that any safer than someone who smokes pot occasionally?

You mean try having a view not dictated by the medical community who has wiped out countless diseases and has the only reliable method of comparing treatments to the existing standard of care. Huh?

The existing standard hasn't cured it so maybe they should keep looking and not discount anything. huh?