Carpenter Wins AFC Special Teams Player of the Week

26CornerBlitz

@NickVeronica

#Bills K Dan Carpenter, who hit all 4 of his kicks on a day when an NFL-record 12 XPs were missed, is AFC Special Teams Player of the Week

@buffalobills

With 10 points + a 54-yard field goal in Sunday's win, Dan Carpenter was named AFC Special Teams Player of the Week! http://bufbills.co/AzPhiH

Cx9FBDxXEAEm_IU.jpg

Slow week for ST, so Dan slips into the award, but... maybe this is the little confidence boost he needs? He seemed fired up in Seattle, and actually drained that kick before they backed him up 5 yards unnecessarily. He was really confident in his first season with us, and I'd like to see him finish out the year with a hot streak and remove any doubt at the position.

Slow week for ST, so Dan slips into the award, but... maybe this is the little confidence boost he needs? He seemed fired up in Seattle, and actually drained that kick before they backed him up 5 yards unnecessarily. He was really confident in his first season with us, and I'd like to see him finish out the year with a hot streak and remove any doubt at the position.

@JustinGranit

Well since it's seems like Roberto Aguayo was the only kicker not to miss an XP, he was named special teams player of the week

This is nice, but I think it's a little payback for the league not handling the fiasco in Seattle properly. That FG that Carpenter made before the Bills were backed up, could have won the game, and that could be the difference between making and not making the playoffs. The league knows the entire sequence was botched. If this is their way of making up for it, it's not anywhere close to enough, but at least it's a nice gesture.