Alan Branch suspended 4 games, marijuana (update-won appeal)

YoloinOhio

@mikegarafolo

The NFL rescinded Pats DT Alan Branch's suspension before the actual appeal even occurred, source said.

Was it for a missed test and turned out to be NFL error or something? Likely an obvious answer like that and not applicable to Henderson

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you forget which team he plays for.....?

Man, you don't miss a thing, do you...

That's probably it. I'm sure even the NFLPA is in on it. From the leagues side it's an apology for how they handled Brady.

And the other 31 owners--don't forget them. You know how they love to do these favors the pats...

One other thing to consider (besides him being a Pat* ;) ) is that it being a 4-game suspension it means it would be his 1st. Henderson's is 10 as he was previously suspended. I think you have more grounds for appeal if you haven't previously been found guilty.

One other thing to consider (besides him being a Pat* ;) ) is that it being a 4-game suspension it means it would be his 1st. Henderson's is 10 as he was previously suspended. I think you have more grounds for appeal if you haven't previously been found guilty.

First suspension-- which is now your 3rd(?) positive test

As a person who used to be big into that portion of our culture I can tell you that the two hard drugs and weed do not go hand in hand. What you may not realize is even in area's where it is legal most user's are not open about it. I would be more concerned with alcohol and lottery addictions and issues.

The city of Denver smells like a skunks assh*le 24/7 so I would beg to differ that you may not realize it.

@jeffphowe

The test that triggered Branch's suspension contained traces of pot from a previously failed test. There was nothing new in Branch's system.

@jeffphowe

So that's why Branch appealed. Once the league ran through the facts this week, it rescinded Branch's suspension before the appeal hearing.

Edited by Blokestradamus

@jeffphowe

The test that triggered Branch's suspension contained traces of pot from a previously failed test. There was nothing new in Branch's system.

@jeffphowe

So that's why Branch appealed. Once the league ran through the facts this week, it rescinded Branch's suspension before the appeal hearing.

Good breakdown

As for your doctor friend--he choses not to accept insurance reimbursement for such visits, I assume. Others likely do, even Medicaid.

Just to follow up on cost barriers to NY cannabis use and insurance coverage for NY doctors recommending cannabis....

Using the website below I was able to find a list of doctors near suburban Buffalo (Hamburg). Their fees are listed and if you hit their 'view profile' button and scroll down a bit, you'll see they do not accept insurance. I checked about a dozen and none accepted insurance.

Essentially your assumption was incorrect, doc. Cost is a barrier to cannabis use and typically these recommending doctors do not accept insurance for cannabis related visits.

https://www.marijuanadoctors.com/doctor/search?distance=state&location=Hamburg+NY+14075&qf=1

Edited by Bob in Mich

Just to follow up on cost barriers to NY cannabis use and insurance coverage for NY doctors recommending cannabis....

Using the website below I was able to find a list of doctors near suburban Buffalo (Hamburg). Their fees are listed and if you hit their 'view profile' button and scroll down a bit, you'll see they do not accept insurance. I checked about a dozen and none accepted insurance.

Essentially your assumption was incorrect, doc. Cost is a barrier to cannabis use and typically these recommending doctors do not accept insurance for cannabis related visits.

https://www.marijuanadoctors.com/doctor/search?distance=state&location=Hamburg+NY+14075&qf=1

Good thing that those who wish to self medicate, like Henderson, can just get some cheap weed from their dealers, as always. Or, if their treatment requirements are such, they can move to a state that has a robust Medicaid system AND easy access to legal, inexpensive MJ to smoke (Cali would be a perfect place for treatment).

I see no barrier at all.