Raiders-Texans...Who we Want?

plenzmd1

I know the chances Bills make playoffs are slim..but hope springs eternal.

My gut says we root for Raiders, as i want the Pats to have something to play for week 17 against the Fins. And looking at the Fins schedule, they should be favoured in the next 4 games, then the game with the Bills, and finish with the Pats who could have home field locked by then. So they have a real chance to run the table.

For the Bills to have a chance, Bills most likely to have to give the Raiders a 3rd loss anyway ...so if they lose tonight and then we beat them the following week, they are now at 4 losses.

Thoughts?

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the west needs to fall apart, I don't think it will be the raiders, I am guessing that the team that falls apart with be Denver, than maybe KC, they lost to the Bucs at home yesterday so who knows. But hoping they all collectively lose is easier

the west needs to fall apart, I don't think it will be the raiders, I am guessing that the team that falls apart with be Denver, than maybe KC, they lost to the Bucs at home yesterday so who knows. But hoping they all collectively lose is easier

Based on schedules, I actually think Miami has the best shot at a wild card as of right now. I am biased as i think KC and Denver are mediocre at best, and have their share of bad bounces coming, as they have already received more than their share of good bounces.

So , i think the Bills best chance of getting a WC will be both WC coming out of East...and yes i know all the experts keep saying both come out West, but schedules may dictate otherwise.

I see a lot of people talking about Raiders losses on here the last 18 hours but I don't get it. IMO, you want them to run away with the AFC West because that means they're pinning losses on KC and Denver

i'd say cheer for raiders

raiders would be 8-2

Texans would be 6-4

easier to catch Texans

if Texans win, they are both 7-3

Or just assume they win their respective divisions and catching them doesn't matter.

There's two distinct scenarios we can cheer for with Oakland: they run away with the West and finish like 13-3, or they completely self-destruct and finish 9-7. Anything in between, they're helping Denver/KC and snagging the wild card spot you hope the Bills are getting.

Edited by JM57

Kind of a toss up. Maybe root for the Raiders to continue winning, be on a 5-game winning streak then the "due theory" happens vs. Buffalo. The Raiders would be due to lose! Meanwhile after the Bills game they can go back to winning and beat up the Broncos & Chiefs.

Bottom line for the Bills is they need to finish the season 6-0. I don't think they will make the playoffs at 10-6.

Or just assume they win their respective divisions and catching them doesn't matter.

There's two distinct scenarios we can cheer for with Oakland: they run away with the West and finish like 13-3, or they completely self-destruct and finish 9-7. Anything in between, they're helping Denver/KC and snagging the wild card spot you hope the Bills are getting.

like you said, there is no way to know at this point. I think they are the real deal, so I would like them to win the West, beat every AFC team (except the Bills) they can along they way.

Also, assuming the Bills keep winning, we will need some competition for New England through week 17 when they play at Miami. We're going to want AFC Home field to be in play, otherwise the genius will rest his players vs. Miami. Better for Oakland to hit 8-2 tonight.

I would be stunned if the Texans win this game. My thinking is that the Broncos will come down to earth as they still play KC twice, the Raiders and the Patriots. 2-3 losses from that minimum. The Chiefs also still play Broncos twice, Raiders and @Falcons. They also get the Titans who aren't bad at all this year and should be fighting for the division title. Again 2-3 losses there.

I think the Raiders are the best team of the three and I'd like to see them run away with the division, surrendering one to us along the way.

i'd say cheer for raiders

raiders would be 8-2

Texans would be 6-4

easier to catch Texans

if Texans win, they are both 7-3

Texans are not a wildcard threat. If they get in it will be by winning their division. It works best for us if the Texans start piling up wins and run away with the south. They take care of any hopes Indy and Tennessee have along the way if they do this.

Right now there is a very real chance both wildcards come from the west, which we obviously cannot afford to have happen. So really it is simply, we want teams in the west to lose whenever possible. If someone does assert themselves, say it is Oakland, then we really want to root for that one team whenever they play within the division. However, I see a lot of splits happening within the division, so we need them to lose non-division games whenever possible.