Source: Texas firing Charlie Strong

YoloinOhio

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is such a great job. Who will they go after... Tom Herman seeks logical

You know in theory it is a great job, but the boosters have got to be a pain in the a** to deal with down there. They are probably sticking their noses in everything strong does. I can't believe Strong couldn't get it rolling there. I thought that was a great hire at the time.

Edited by Gordio

Money has spoken again....they won't give a coach time to recruit then they change again. Mack Brown dropped the ball on recruiting knowing he was retiring. His last 4 years 5-7, 8-5, 9-4, 8-5 now Strong comes in with the cupboards empty "okay now win". By the way were not going to give you time to restock the shelves. Next coach will face the same scenario in two years- one year of honeymoon then show us the baby. NEXT

You know in theory it is a great job, but the boosters have got to be a pain in the a** to deal with down there. They are probably sticking their noses in everything strong does. I can't believe Strong couldn't get it rolling there. I thought that was a great hire at the time.

I completely agree with you. The boosters had their hearts set on Saban when they hired Strong, as soon as it was announced Red McCombs (a mega booster) was calling it a failure. The talent level was really down when Charlie took the job (Mack Brown was basically "weekend at bernies" his last couple of years) and there was unrealistic expectations of immediate success.

I expect they'll hire Herman, unless someone like A&M / LSU / Oregon steps in and blows their offer away, but it wouldn't surprise me if Herman to Texas has been done through back channels for a little while already.

I completely agree with you. The boosters had their hearts set on Saban when they hired Strong, as soon as it was announced Red McCombs (a mega booster) was calling it a failure. The talent level was really down when Charlie took the job (Mack Brown was basically "weekend at bernies" his last couple of years) and there was unrealistic expectations of immediate success.

I expect they'll hire Herman, unless someone like A&M / LSU / Oregon steps in and blows their offer away, but it wouldn't surprise me if Herman to Texas has been done through back channels for a little while already.

he is perfect. Big 12 guy (OC at Iowa State), deep recruiting ties in Texas, has shown he can make an impact immediately on a program.

he is perfect. Big 12 guy (OC at Iowa State), deep recruiting ties in Texas, has shown he can make an impact immediately on a program.

It has to be Herman, he has Applewhite with him the Texas alum. The boosters will must be foaming at the mouth after their prime time showing against Bobby P! Lol