Sammy Watkins has a chance to come back and be a hero

I'm getting a kick out of all these wannabe neverweres questioning Sammy's toughness. Like they played NFL football for a season with a cracked rib or something and know all about it.

as opposed to a bunch of neverweres that assume that because a player plays in the NFL he's actually tough?

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Every player who has ever played in the NFL, with the exception of kickers and Dion Sanders, has been tough as hell. Sammy is no exception.

And I appologize to all the kickers out there for comparing them to Dion.

Well Deion is a Hall of Famer, so you really disprove your own theory. If someone who isn't tough can be a Hall of Famer then plenty of other players who aren't tough have played. That Rob Johnson was a real tough guy. Edited by DriveFor1Outta5

Let's pump the brakes on Sammy coming back at all this season. The guy has proven to be not only a very fragile player, but one who will not/ can not play through pain. I'm waiting to see hwat the excuses are for why he's not playing vs. the Jaguars.

My expectation is the Bills apply a little pressure by mentioning they are "hopeful" to have him back soon, only to be told later in the week that he's a no go for the JAX game. Then prior to the Raiders games Sammy will post some silly, dumb stuff on twitter and by the Raiders game the Bills will announce that Sammy Watkins will be shut down for the remainder of the year.

per the bolded, on what basis do you know anything about his ability/willingness to play through pain? Do you know the specific pathology of the Jones (5th metatarsal) fracture?

Your "expectation" sounds well-informed as well ......

I cant imagine sammy plays next week. He hasnt even preacticed yet. Best case scenario week 13 vs Oakland. And boy would we need him there.

Despite it being a must-win game as they all will be from here on, I don't think we will need him to win. However, if he is ready next week we play him next week.

as opposed to a bunch of neverweres that assume that because a player plays in the NFL he's actually tough?

It's not an assumption. He's played through numerous injuries, including the cracked ribs his rookie year. And while I've known dozens of players over the years, there is no set standard for pain tolerance; some are simply tougher than others. Sammy makes his living with his feet and several dozen quick, high pressure, high torque cuts a game might be intolerable, it's hard to say. But once he got certain reassurances from Dr. Anderson, he's been working as hard as ever. But I get that his detractors have a need to project their own diagnosis and presume to know exactly what he's up against. I doubt they'd call him a pu$$y to his face though.

It's not an assumption. He's played through numerous injuries, including the cracked ribs his rookie year. And while I've known dozens of players over the years, there is no set standard for pain tolerance; some are simply tougher than others. Sammy makes his living with his feet and several dozen quick, high pressure, high torque cuts a game might be intolerable, it's hard to say. But once he got certain reassurances from Dr. Anderson, he's been working as hard as ever. But I get that his detractors have a need to project their own diagnosis and presume to know exactly what he's up against. I doubt they'd call him a pu$$y to his face though.

yeah. You seem to assume he has a high tolerance of pain because he's a famous athlete. Your no different from everyone else that assumes he's a pu$$y.

And I would. I'd love to call him that actually. It would be very funny to watch him be the usual pu$$y he is and accept it.

I think the world of Sammy.....I just want him to be great.

If he has limitations.....I want him to wait...if he can do it all....I cant wait to see him.

People need to understand that its not just about tolerating pain....if he is ineffective then he is actually HURTING the team by being out there and is doing the right thing FOR the team by sitting out

yeah. You seem to assume he has a high tolerance of pain because he's a famous athlete. Your no different from everyone else that assumes he's a pu$$y.

And I would. I'd love to call him that actually. It would be very funny to watch him be the usual pu$$y he is and accept it.

oh reeeeeaaaaly

Probably just would not want the lawsuit that would accompanying putting you in your place

I think the world of Sammy.....I just want him to be great.

If he has limitations.....I want him to wait...if he can do it all....I cant wait to see him.

People need to understand that its not just about tolerating pain....if he is ineffective then he is actually HURTING the team by being out there and is doing the right thing FOR the team by sitting out

oh reeeeeaaaaly

Probably just would not want the lawsuit that would accompanying putting you in your place

haha. You make me laugh

No, I assume he's tough because I would struggle getting out of bed for a month after a run of the mill "big" hit.

Is he the toughest on the 53? I have no idea but I'm pretty comfortable saying you and I would be 54th and 55th (is in no particular order)

No, I assume he's tough because I would struggle getting out of bed for a month after a run of the mill "big" hit.

Is he the toughest on the 53? I have no idea but I'm pretty comfortable saying you and I would be 54th and 55th (is in no particular order)

speak for yourself guy.

It just boggles my mind that grown men look up to these kids like they are something special. I don't know how you people go through life. Whatever. Enjoy.

I'd say his assumption is an educated guess , not because Watkins is famous, but because he plays a brutal collision sport professionally. This coupled with the obvious fact that Watkins had to play that game for years at lower levels of high school and college , and succeeded it's fair to guess that he must have a certain degree of toughness to accomplish that. It's far from a nonsensical assumption. To make the assumption that an NFL player (other than a kicker ) is not tough would be , conversely not a very logical guess. If you are easily amused and happened to call Watkins a pu$$y to his face, I'd venture the only reason he would " accept it" would be to avoid the inevitable lawsuit if he were to do something about it.