Bill Frist

OnTheRocks

To those on the Right:

Will he be a viable candidtate in 2008?

To those on the Left:

Are you druling over the idea of sending Hillary up against him in 2008?

252690[/snapback]

I do not see him as a viable contender in 2008. Frankly, I have not seen anyone emerge as a viable candidate on the right. It could spell trouble for the Reps, since any real candidate needs to be making moves NOW. You see the positioning on the Left but nothing from the Right.

Hillary would beat Frist, BTW.

I do not see him as a viable contender in 2008. Frankly, I have not seen anyone emerge as a viable candidate on the right. It could spell trouble for the Reps, since any real candidate needs to be making moves NOW. You see the positioning on the Left but nothing from the Right.

Hillary would beat Frist, BTW.

252696[/snapback]

If Hillary is running, all the right has to do is pick a name out of the hat the day before the election. Hell, chances are that maybe even you KRC could beat her. America isn't ready for a woman president.

Men of the left would sway to the right.

If Hillary is running, all the right has to do is pick a name out of the hat the day before the election. Hell, chances are that maybe even you KRC could beat her. America isn't ready for a woman president.

Men of the left would sway to the right.

252737[/snapback]

ubhock..errr Mr. Clutch: If the Right were to throw out the Republican version of John Kerry, then yes Hillary would beat him. If that situation were to occur, then the Libertarians would probably gain some votes. Not enough to win, unless they start making some changes, but they would continue their ascent.

There are some definite changes that can be done to third parties to make them more viable, but it all depends on whether they are willing to make those changes.

ubhock..errr Mr. Clutch: If the Right were to throw out the Republican version of John Kerry, then yes Hillary would beat him. If that situation were to occur, then the Libertarians would probably gain some votes. Not enough to win, unless they start making some changes, but they would continue their ascent.

There are some definite changes that can be done to third parties to make them more viable, but it all depends on whether they are willing to make those changes.

252750[/snapback]

Luckily, Bill Frist won't be a name that's pulled from that hat.

frist isn't a viable candidate in that he likely wouldn't win the republican nomination

if by chance he did win, he would be a viable candidate against hillary. however if the dems get their act together and nominate someone electable then frist would not be viable

I don't think the Dems will run Hillary. That would be a terrible mistake. Dean would have been a better choice, but I presume he's out since he's in charge. Maybe a dark horse moderate like Gov Rendell of PA (he's probably too willing to speak his mind to get elected)?

I disagree with KRC on one point: I think the Right has all their candidates lined up; they just have to pick their man. All the primetime Convention speakers would be leading the way.

And I think the US would elect a woman president, just not Hillary.

I don't think the Dems will run Hillary. That would be a terrible mistake. Dean would have been a better choice, but I presume he's out since he's in charge. Maybe a dark horse moderate like Gov Rendell of PA (he's probably too willing to speak his mind to get elected)?

I disagree with KRC on one point: I think the Right has all their candidates lined up; they just have to pick their man. All the primetime Convention speakers would be leading the way.

And I think the US would elect a woman president, just not Hillary.

253003[/snapback]

Who did they have speak at the convention (I did not watch it)?

Prime time speakers were Pataki, Guiliani, McCain- all contenders... Arnold (can't run) the psycho Democrat (psychotic).

253137[/snapback]

What made him Psycho?

The fact that he tore that traitor Kerry a new one?

I found the speech to be right on the money. And his name is Zell Miller, by the way.

Prime time speakers were Pataki, Guiliani, McCain- all contenders... Arnold (can't run) the psycho Democrat (psychotic).

253137[/snapback]

Pataki - Won't make it past the primaries

Guliani - Could be the nominee, but not enough maneuvering yet to make a difference. He needs to do more before he is viable, IMO.

McCain - Would have more of a chance as an Indy.

Arnold - you already addressed this

Miller - Not even an issue

One that was not mentioned, but keeps coming up, would be Jeb Bush. There is no way Jeb runs now. It would not be a smart move. The voters will not elect another Bush this close to W's administration. He has the dynasty factor working against him.

Pataki - Won't make it past the primaries

Guliani - Could be the nominee, but not enough maneuvering yet to make a difference. He needs to do more before he is viable, IMO.

McCain - Would have more of a chance as an Indy.

Arnold - you already addressed this

Miller - Not even an issue

One that was not mentioned, but keeps coming up, would be Jeb Bush. There is no way Jeb runs now. It would not be a smart move. The voters will not elect another Bush this close to W's administration. He has the dynasty factor working against him.

There are so many good GOP candidates out there. However, most of them are moderates.

I think McCain wins the GOP nomination hands down if he runs (and age is becoming a factor for him).

Nobody has mentioned Sen. Allen from Virginia! This guy will satisfy the most conservative voters, yet not alienate the left. I think he has a good chance if he wants it.

Throw in Mitt Romney, Tom Ridge, Condeleeza Rice, Newt Gingrich and Sam Brownback and you have a pretty good crew to choose from.

My personal opinion here is that Cheney will resign in the next couple years and allow bush to basically appoint the next GOP candidate.

Should be fun to watch, but if the dems run hillary...wow...they will lose in a landslide.

There are so many good GOP candidates out there.  However, most of them are moderates.

I think McCain wins the GOP nomination hands down if he runs (and age is becoming a factor for him). 

Nobody has mentioned Sen. Allen from Virginia!  This guy will satisfy the most conservative voters, yet not alienate the left.  I think he has a good chance if he wants it.

Throw in Mitt Romney, Tom Ridge, Condeleeza Rice, Newt Gingrich and Sam Brownback and you have a pretty good crew to choose from.

My personal opinion here is that Cheney will resign in the next couple years and allow bush to basically appoint the next GOP candidate.

Should be fun to watch, but if the dems run hillary...wow...they will lose in a landslide.

253476[/snapback]

I do not see Cheney resigning before the end of the term unless his health takes a serious downturn. It would be too obvious of a move and it would not stand the smell test. If this were the tactic the GOP desired, they would have done it prior to W's second term. They didn't get rid of him because they knew he could easily handle Edwards in a debate, and that is what he did.

I do not see Ridge running. He would have been out of the spotlight too long.

Rice is a possibility only if Hillary runs. Otherwise, no.

Newt is a possibility but I do not think that he would get past the primaries. Too much baggage.

I do not see Ridge running. He would have been out of the spotlight too long.

Rice is a possibility only if Hillary runs. Otherwise, no.

Newt is a possibility but I do not think that he would get past the primaries. Too much baggage.

253690[/snapback]

I agree...which brings me back to Frist.

The Christian right will be all over him.....and if not him then at the very least Bill Santorum in the VP slot.

I agree...which brings me back to Frist.

The Christian right will be all over him.....and if not him then at the very least Bill Santorum in the VP slot.

253721[/snapback]

Do you mean Rick Santorum?