Are we losing site????

Inahaze

As I look on the Huddle Report.....there is a section of top 200 free agents...

The Bills?

Pat Williams

Jonas Jennings___________________________________

And then after the two Bignames; pun intended are....

Jon Dorenbos -

Josh Stamer -Should be resigned

Joe Burns

Mike Pucillo - needs to go

Kevin Thomas -Should be resigned

Marcus Price -???? -Jonas????

Izell Reese -needs to go

Shane Matthews -Should be resigned

Ryan Neufeld

Drew Haddad -who cares

With all the talk about..."sign this guy, let's get this guy" or the debate "Pat vs. Jonas" are we losing site that we have some major holes to fill if we don't improve the other areas? This plays heavily in the draft. But I think players like Thomas and Stamer need to be resigned....Shane is our best option right now - this year.....how much of our cap space is taken up just by these three?

The other thing....Burns and Neufeld; do we let them both go? Then we have two holes to fill. I think we are overlooking where the team really is....and I think that may very well be why we havn't yet released anyone other than Bledsoe.

Thoughts?

Good points there. Yes we arer thin at spots but I think we will resign most of the second tier you had listed.

The one thing that we don't want to see is a swiss cheese line that will get JP massacred. That has to be the #1 priority now. There will be tons of FA's for depth as the offseason progresses.

After signing the likes of Thomas, Stamer, Matthews, and most liikely Burns or Neufeld or both; how much cap space would we realistically be able to spend on a FA or in retaining Price? considering we are most likely not going to have Jennings, Price should be retained as well.

Jon Dorenbos -

Josh Stamer -Should be resigned

Joe Burns

Mike Pucillo - needs to go

Kevin Thomas -Should be resigned

Marcus Price -???? -Jonas????

Izell Reese -needs to go

Shane Matthews -Should be resigned

Ryan Neufeld

Drew Haddad -who cares

252678[/snapback]

dorenbos -- ERFA

stamer -- ERFA

burns -- RFA

pucillo -- RFA

thomas -- RFA

price -- UFA

reese -- UFA

matthews -- UFA

neufeld -- UFA

haddad -- UFA

ERFA cannot negioate with other clubs.........dorenbos and stamer will both be back.......

the only RFA i see getting a tender is thomas.........the other two we can do without.......

as for the UFA's, matthews has an offer in hand and price probably has one as well, but is likely going to shop for a chance to start somewhere.........the other ones are likely not wanted back.........if matthews or price go, they can be replaced pretty cheaply.........

thomas will get a tender at $656,323.......that means if the bills choose not to match an offer from another club they will receive compensation in the form of a pick equal to the round thomas was originally drafted (6th round).......

i think the ERFA tender is around 400K.........

• 2 weeks later...
Sorry to reply after so long; but I must admit your information in very informitive and intriguing; where can I find this info?

266213[/snapback]

Good sources for this type of info is the salary cap report in Billszone.com which is prepared by clumpingplatelets who often posts here. Another resource is the salary cap page at Billsdaily.com.

For non-Bills specific data like cap levels and the amount need for various tenders, a good resource is the player union's website at nflpa.com. In this sites media section you will find tons of specific stuff like the current franchise and tender tag amounts for each position, the cap hits and names of the top 10 players at each position and the ability to search for individual players and get the publicly released salary data for each player over the future of his contract.