Steve Tasker's HOF thoughts

Kirby Jackson

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I knew he was a good one. He had leadership and heart. I'm not the only one who could see it. Opposing coaches used to tell me that the player they had to prepare for most was Steve. Not Jim Kelly. Not Bruce Smith. Not Andre Reed. But Steve."

really marv?

really marv?

I literally almost spit out my cashews!

Gotta love Marv. Marv knows that Tasker is probably the last Bill from that ERA that has a shot. Tasker does belong in for basically making a position exist on football teams. Every high motor, over achieving, durable, athletic ST player over the last 25 years needs to tip their hat to Tasker.

He was signing an autograph for me recently and I asked when his turn at the Hall was coming. He said he didn't think it would happen that Special Teams just wasn't considered important enough to get him through.

He really was amazing, I was young then but I can't think of any player since that had so many big plays on the coverage side of the ST game.

This will sound like a contradiction. Ruben Brown has a HOF resume but I don't think that he is a HOF player.

Does the resume exclude yellow flags thrown his way? How about "Pro Bowls by reputation"? I loved him, but not so sure if he belongs in the HOF.

Does the resume exclude yellow flags thrown his way? How about "Pro Bowls by reputation"? I loved him, but not so sure if he belongs in the HOF.

I think that's a part of it. He has 181 starts, 9 Pro-Bowls and a 4-time All-Pro. That is kind of a HOF resume. I just don't know if he ever played to the level of his accolades. He was a very good to great NFL player but still a tier below the Hall.

He definitely belongs on the Wall of Fame though.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

I think that's a part of it. He has 181 starts, 9 Pro-Bowls and a 4-time All-Pro. That is kind of a HOF resume. I just don't know if he ever played to the level of his accolades. He was a very good to great NFL player but still a tier below the Hall.

He definitely belongs on the Wall of Fame though.

On the Wall for sure in my mind.

So, a few years ago i was at the Buffalo zoo. And i saw Steve Tasker there, from like 30 yards away. Oh, i also had an NFL regulation football with me. So i start sprinting towards Steve, carrying the football, wanting an autograph, y'know. So im running towards him. Oh, and im wearing a Miami Dolphins jersey, a Yatil Greene one. So as im sprinting, i get close, within 5-7 yards, and Steve sees me, i see the look in his eye, like a wild beast had just been uncaged. Well,y'know, he just LAUNCHES at me, takles me, drives his shoulder pad into my chest. I go flying, i like see stars, everything goes black for a minute. Finally after a minute or two, i come to. Laying on my back, on the grass by the reptile house, thats where this all went down. So i come to, i look up, crowd of people all around me, everyones like "oh, are you ok" "oh what just happened". I pull myself up, get up, look around, Steve is gone. Football is laying there a few yards away. I go pick up my ball, and it was the darnedest thing, the ball was autographed, by none other than Steve Tasker.

Hardest hit i ever felt...

So, a few years ago i was at the Buffalo zoo. And i saw Steve Tasker there, from like 30 yards away. Oh, i also had an NFL regulation football with me. So i start sprinting towards Steve, carrying the football, wanting an autograph, y'know. So im running towards him. Oh, and im wearing a Miami Dolphins jersey, a Yatil Greene one. So as im sprinting, i get close, within 5-7 yards, and Steve sees me, i see the look in his eye, like a wild beast had just been uncaged. Well,y'know, he just LAUNCHES at me, takles me, drives his shoulder pad into my chest. I go flying, i like see stars, everything goes black for a minute. Finally after a minute or two, i come to. Laying on my back, on the grass by the reptile house, thats where this all went down. So i come to, i look up, crowd of people all around me, everyones like "oh, are you ok" "oh what just happened". I pull myself up, get up, look around, Steve is gone. Football is laying there a few yards away. I go pick up my ball, and it was the darnedest thing, the ball was autographed, by none other than Steve Tasker.

Hardest hit i ever felt...

:lol: :lol: is this true